Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
seacat
Registered Users
seller

SCH/Placental Abruption Updated

Last night I was headed to bed when I started bleeding heavily. We headed to the ER where I was diagnosed with a large SCH/placental abruption. I am 12 weeks, baby looks great. Has anyone had something like this? Thanks, prayers for my husband who has to take care of our 1 year old. I am on complete bed rest.

Update: I went in for my 14 week ultrasound and the bleed remains. The larger one has shrunk, but they located another one - ugh. The problem is that the bleed and placenta are both over the cervix so, it's like a little time bomb. I was so hoping for it to be resolved. My limited activity continues and they don't want me lift my 1 year old - easier said than done. Hopefully everything resolves by 20 weeks. On a positive note the baby looks great I'm going to try accupuncture for healing.

Advertisement

Last edited by seacat; 06-12-2011 at 09:03 AM.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: SCH/Placental Abruption

Old 05-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #3
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
My best friend went through this about 8 weeks ago at 12 weeks. She was bleeding bad an it was bright red. She did fine on bedrest for a week and the baby is fine now at 20. The clot was gone at 14 weeks.

Hth! Get some rest!
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

mama
Old 05-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

My situation isn't exactly the same.. I was in a car accident at 21 weeks that cause placenta abruption (aka a tear).

I have been told many times, from a few different Drs that it's not 'uncommon' in the first trimester. They will do a follow up u/s (maybe a couple) to see if the clot is absorbed and that it's stable. From the research I've done and from what I have been told is that if it does stabilize (doesn't tear or abrupt too much more) then the only risk you have is the placenta separating during labor when your pushing.

Right now bed rest is the best thing! My MW had me take cayenne supplement in capsules twice a day. Just take care of yourself! GL your family is in my prayers!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I've had partial abruption and SCH with both of my pregnancies, and while I was on and off of bed rest, both kiddos are fine! Many positive thoughts that it is the same for you!
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone for the reassuring thoughts. We are out of town and I got to talk to my doctor today who thought "taking it easy and not lifting anything" was all that I needed to right now. Hoping for the best.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
lovejcec
Registered Users
seller

A friend of mine had that happen towards the end of her pregnancy with her 5th baby and I think they had to deliver the baby right then but then with her 6th pregnancy is happend a little but at the beginning and she has to be on bed rest of a while until her blood clots cleared up then things were good!! Must be soo scary!! hope you're ok!!
lovejcec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a SCH at 8wks with this pregnancy. I just started gushing blood. I mean, GUSHING. I was thinking there was no way the baby was ok, but I got an emergency u/s and baby was fine. I continued to bleed off/on for about 6wks and by 18wks, the clot was gone. I was never put on bedrest, either, because my OB said that bedrest has not been shown to have any impact on SCH. I was a little confused about that, but did a bit of research and it seemed to be true. That said, when I overdid it a bit, the bleeding would pick up some, so I just sort of took it easy. I am now 30wks and things are going great!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I had something like this, and the outcome was not good. HOWEVER, I think that your chances of carrying this baby to term and having a live baby at the end are awesome, because you had outward signs that this was happening (bleeding) and it was caught early. Most early SCHs resolve themselves within a few weeks. Many prayers to you and your family; please keep us posted! Does your doctor have you on any blood thinning medications?
L J is offline   Reply With Quote