Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2011, 01:09 AM   #11
Selene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: SCH/Placental Abruption

I had a similar situation...at 10 weeks I woke up one night and was bleeding heavilt. The ER did a U/S and the baby was fine, much to my disbelief. I had a SCH due to partial placenta previa and had bleeding/spotting for about 6 weeks. I wasn't on strict bedrest but my OB did have me stay home from work (I work on my feet all day and have to lift) and take it easy. The placenta previa resolved and I had a healthy baby boy born at 32 weeks (prematurity unrelated to SCH). Good luck, mama!

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 03:56 AM   #12
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had an SCH with my last baby, she's just turned 1. I had my first significant bleed at 6 weeks and the spotting stopped at 26 weeks. The SCH at 11 weeks (it took that long for me to have a scan) was quite large (all down the side of the placenta from the top with pooling down the bottom) but I was not put on bedrest, just no exercise and no sex. I had significant bleeds (bright red) at 6, 11 and 13 weeks and just spotting after that. At 20 weeks it was smaller but still there. All gone when the bleeding stopped at 26 weeks. I had a growth scan at 34 weeks and she was a small average but perfectly fine, she was also delivered fine after a very fast natural labour. I had no placenta previa and no placental abruption.
SCH's are very very common, mine was large and lasted for longer than normal but had a great outcome.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #13
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
I had something like this, and the outcome was not good. HOWEVER, I think that your chances of carrying this baby to term and having a live baby at the end are awesome, because you had outward signs that this was happening (bleeding) and it was caught early. Most early SCHs resolve themselves within a few weeks. Many prayers to you and your family; please keep us posted! Does your doctor have you on any blood thinning medications?
No blood thinners. Thanks everyone for the great positive stories. I am headed to my OB on Wednesday. Hopefully all still looks good. Such a hard thing.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #14
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

I had a SCH that was found at about 8 weeks with my last pregnancy... like you said, bright red blood and I figured that was the end. But I was on rest for a few weeks, went back around 14 weeks for an u/s and the pocket of blood had been re-absorbed! I had a fine pregnancy and a healthy baby. BIG HUGS!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #15
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

i started bleeding at 10 weeks and was told i had a sch i bled for 5 weeks then last week had a 16 week ultrasound and the sch is gone and the placenta is complete attached.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #16
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat View Post
No blood thinners. Thanks everyone for the great positive stories. I am headed to my OB on Wednesday. Hopefully all still looks good. Such a hard thing.
It is SO scary to have this. I panicked everytime I saw any blood, even though I KNEW it was going to keep happening. Luckily, my OB was amazingly comforting and never complained even once when I called, which was a lot. Hang in there!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #17
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Just to add another positive message - I know someone who is in the middle of going through this right now. She had a partial abruption very early in her pregnancy, but baby is fine. She was put on strict bedrest for the first couple of months and while she is still on bedrest, they are letting her get up for short periods of time, go to a few appointments, etc. The baby has grown perfectly and she only has a couple more months to go now. What a miracle!
Old 06-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #18
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Re: SCH/Placental Abruption Updated

Bump for update and thanks for all the positive stories.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #19
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

WHen you say SCH do you mean Hematoma (like a clot that bleeds?) or Hemmorhage (like a tear and bleed?)? Sorry....I just wasnt sure.

I had a SC Hemmorhage with DS3 that lasted 7 months then resolved. It was not fun- blood made me panic every day even though I knew it wasnt stopping. With this pregnancy I had a SC Hematoma at 20 weeks, discovered with a gushing of bood at home. It was TERRIFYING. I was admitted to the hospital on bedrest because it was so large and the placenta was already starting abrubt. I was devastated. The drs pretty much told me that nothing will change the outcome of one of these, bedrest or not- they will either continue and end the pregnancy or dissolve. I have never prayed so hard in my life!! Two days later at an ultrasound to check status they found it to be completely gone and the abruption at stopped. Now, at 31 weeks we are getting excited for baby and so thankful for the outcome.

Good luck mama!! I think your chances for a positive outcome are pretty good.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #20
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
WHen you say SCH do you mean Hematoma (like a clot that bleeds?) or Hemmorhage (like a tear and bleed?)? Sorry....I just wasnt sure.

I had a SC Hemmorhage with DS3 that lasted 7 months then resolved. It was not fun- blood made me panic every day even though I knew it wasnt stopping. With this pregnancy I had a SC Hematoma at 20 weeks, discovered with a gushing of bood at home. It was TERRIFYING. I was admitted to the hospital on bedrest because it was so large and the placenta was already starting abrubt. I was devastated. The drs pretty much told me that nothing will change the outcome of one of these, bedrest or not- they will either continue and end the pregnancy or dissolve. I have never prayed so hard in my life!! Two days later at an ultrasound to check status they found it to be completely gone and the abruption at stopped. Now, at 31 weeks we are getting excited for baby and so thankful for the outcome.

Good luck mama!! I think your chances for a positive outcome are pretty good.
I've had both if that makes sense. Originally it was a tear and a large bleed and now I've just got the hematoma. It is really scary. They've told me the same thing so, I am opting for restricted activity and not bedrest. I am so glad to hear that your LO is doing well. Thanks for the positive story.