Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Does your child/children look like you?

Would love to see photos of your baby/babies that either look JUST like you or do not look like you at all. I just thought it would be fun to see the extremes with that.

I think my dd looks like me in general like you could tell she was obviously my child but I don't think she looks JUST like me.

Recently, my friend was told "Oh how sweet; you adopted" when she was out with her 2 girls....the thing is, she did not adopt. They are hers! Her husband is Filipino and the girls look NOTHING like her. I thought it was odd that someone would assume that any child was adopted or not adopted but that is a subject for another thread I guess.

Advertisement

jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #2
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your child/children look like you?

Kearnan looks exactly like me, he could be my clone. Tharen looks exactly like dh, he could be dh's clone (except he has my ears, apparently my ears are a dominant gene). We were all out with friends and my friend was pointing out how funny it was that our boys each looked like one of us. Really though because dh and I look so much alike my boys look enough like me that it is obvious they are both mine. The biggest difference between the two of them is skin tone and hair color. If you really look closely you will notice that Kearnan has longer legs, shorter torso and a longer face. Tharen has a longer torso, shorter legs, broader hands and a larger rounder face. Dh has pinker skin tone (I am just pale Kearnan has my mother's touch of olive complexion) and Kearnan has my mother's pretty dark hair. Kearnan and I have true blue eyes, Tharen got his father's eyes that change from blue to green and even gray depending on the day. I will have to scan in some baby pictures for comparison because it is amazing how similar the pictures are as babies in particular.

Here is a recent one of Tharen and dh they have an identical profile, except the ears.

Last edited by iris0110; 05-30-2011 at 12:11 AM.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

No identifiable photos on the Internet of my children but DD#1 looks very much like her dad. Same eyes, same nose, same ears, same head shape, same face shape, same stocky build. DD#2 is a good mix of both of us (my nose, mouth and ears, and she's tall and skinny like me) and DS looks more like me with his long face, sharp chin, and long and lean body. He has his dad's wide forehead and big brown eyes.

When my DD#1 was about 4 months old someone asked me how long I'd had her, I guess assuming that she was adopted or at least not my biological child. So I said, "four months, she's four months old.)

They are all beautiful.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm too lazy to scour up pics right now. DS looks quite a bit like me when I was a babe. He's a spitting image of my brother. You could put their baby pics next to each other and anyone would think it was the same child. It's eerie.

The entire time I was pregnant, I imagined that I was having a boy that looked like my brother. When I thought of what my son would look like, I pictured my brother as a baby. I just knew he would look like him and he does. I swear I could feel it in my bones!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #5
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We both say our kids are right in the middle of us - I think DD looks very much like her brothers, too. I'm dark and SO is fair. I find it hilarious (and strange) that my boys are identical twins yet people will sometimes say, "oh, L looks more like SO and D looks more like you", and in the same breath admit they can't tell the boys apart! Whaaaat?

Last edited by crazylife; 06-11-2011 at 05:01 PM.
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:14 AM   #6
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Let me see if I can find pics. My oldest & I look exactly alike. My youngest dd & I look alike but not exactly. My little guy & look a lot alike but my middle dd & I don't look much alike. People see me with my other 3 who do look like me & often ask if I'm babysitting for my middle dd.

My middle dd has olive skin, dark brown hair & eyes like her dad but I am very fair with blond hair & blue eyes. All my other kids are fair with blue eyes like me & light brown hair. Feature wise, you can see where we have similar features (the kids all have my mouth & chin) but it's the different coloring of my middle dd that throws people off.

My middle dd is 11 & 5'9 so she also towers over the rest of us (I'm 5'6 & my oldest dd is 5'5). Though my little guy is also tall for his age at 16 months & 36 in.

I did find a photo of my youngest 3. My youngest dd is on the left, ds in the middle & my middle dd on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-2486247036.jpg (9.2 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by ssand23; 05-30-2011 at 05:17 AM.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:50 AM   #7
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
My oldest and I look nothing alike; she is all daddy. My middle two take a lot after me but have a good but of their dad in them as well. We're not sure who our 4th resembles...he really doesn't look like dh or me, and we don't think he resembles his siblings very much, either, but people have asked of he and his brother are twins (they are a year apart) and I was flipping through some old pictures of my oldest and he kind of looked like her back then, minus the coloring. I'll post pix later.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:01 AM   #8
JAG's baby mama
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82 View Post
Would love to see photos of your baby/babies that either look JUST like you or do not look like you at all. I just thought it would be fun to see the extremes with that.

I think my dd looks like me in general like you could tell she was obviously my child but I don't think she looks JUST like me.

My DD looks like my mom. It is uncanny how much she looks like her. I don't have any childhood photos of my mom though to show you, but it just takes my breath away all the facial expressions and mannerisms that she has that my mom does as well. I look like my mom too (so it's not like she doesn't look like me at all), but not like DD.

DS looks like DH. He has my personality, but he, for the most part, looks like his daddy.

Quote:
Recently, my friend was told "Oh how sweet; you adopted" when she was out with her 2 girls....the thing is, she did not adopt. They are hers! Her husband is Filipino and the girls look NOTHING like her. I thought it was odd that someone would assume that any child was adopted or not adopted but that is a subject for another thread I guess.
My mom got this all the time when we were little. I'll bet your friend is (or at least looks) white. It is not uncommon these days to see white parents with latino or asian children and generally they are adopted.

When I was a baby, whites often adopted black children so when my white walked down the street with clearly (half) black children, everyone just assumed she had adopted. She got some nasty responses though when she told those "people" that the children were her own. Hopefully your friend does not get that response. Hopefully, we are more enlightened now (40 years later).

Last edited by JAG's baby mama; 05-30-2011 at 06:09 AM.
JAG's baby mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:26 AM   #9
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will try and get a good pic comparison up, none on this computer.
DD looks pretty much just like me. I have gotten comments at her school I know who you belong to. A long time friend of my mom's said "You could say she isn't yours but no one would believe you".
Old 05-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #10
megenic
Registered Users
seller

My kids look NOTHING like me! LOL...see?

They both definitely get their coloring and looks from their daddy: