Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:20 AM   #11
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your child/children look like you?

DS looks just like me (I think so anyway) Wondering what the newbie will look like....dh has cherokee in his family history and is very dark skinned and dark haired.

Advertisement

We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #12
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:
My daughter has my nose, eye shape, ears, build, toes, hands...

She has her anonymous sperm donor's curly hair, eyebrows, lips, chin, smile, head shape (I have pictures of varying ages, a video and am in contact with other moms, who have children due to his donation)...

She also reminds me a lot of my sister. They have the same birthmark, and long skinny feet.

When DD was born she had white blonde hair...totally shocked everyone, as we were anticipating a dark-haired babe, as the donor and I have very dark hair.

She's almost 4 now, her hair has darkened a lot, and is strawberry-blonde. I suspect it'll continue to get darker based on her eyebrows and eyelashes. I had the same hair color as a kid...the red stayed, the blonde left.

If you look @ baby pictures of me...there are very few similarities, aside from a couple of expressions.

If you look @ half-sibling photos...some look VERY similar to DD. There's a little guy, who will be 4 tomorrow who could be DD's twin.

Some people say that DD is a "mini-me" until they see photos of the donor, then they say she's a perfect mix.

ETA:

Me: very fair-skinned, light green eyes, thick, wavy, dark brown hair/reddish tint, long eyelashes, big oval shaped eyes, 5ft9in tall.

Donor: medium skinned, dark blue eyes, thick, curly black hair, long eyelashes, big oval shaped eyes, 6ft1in tall.

DD: very fair-skinned, light blue eyes, thick curly strawberry-blonde hair, long eyelashes, big oval shaped eyes, 3ft9in tall @ 3y10m.

Last edited by MW69842; 05-30-2011 at 08:08 AM.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #13
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:
FWIW, my full-sib and I don't look similar, but share mannerisms and the same voice.

My mom: 1/2 native american, dark hazel eyes, black hair, big oval eyes, short eyelashes, 5ft11in. We have the same nose.

My dad: fair skin, dark brown eyes, black hair, big oval eyes, long eyelashes, 6ft5in. We look very similar. My sis has his nose.

My sis: med skin, dark blue eyes, blonde hair, big oval eyes, long eyelashes, 6ft1in. She looks like mom.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #14
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think the boys are a blend of me and ex

me

ex

DS1

DS2 (being a dork lol)

DH with dd. she looks a lot like him but there is a little of mama there too.

DD and me

just for kick, my mama and me when I was 3

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend

Last edited by KaleidoscopeEyes; 05-30-2011 at 08:30 AM.
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #15
SAHM2Seven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylife View Post
We both say our kids are right in the middle of us - I think DD looks very much like her brothers, too. I'm dark and SO is fair. I find it hilarious (and strange) that my boys are identical twins yet people will sometimes say, "oh, L looks more like SO and D looks more like you", and in the same breath admit they can't tell the boys apart! Whaaaat?

Us (sorry, this is 2 yrs old already! Amazingly I have very few photos of SO and I together )

Another older photo but it shows their colouring:

Last week with DD (SO buzzed her hair last month for some strange reason, but she looks even more like her brothers now, thanks to the haircut!)
Did your DH buzz her hair so it would grow in thicker? My DH wants to do this with my 2 yr old, and I dont really wanna....she has some hair, but not alot.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #16
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

they both look like me, but you can definitely see their dads in them too (DD is from my previous marriage). they both have my nose and my lips, and my ears DD's dad has red hair and green eyes, DH has brown hair and hazel eyes so you know where they get their coloring from too!

Me as a baby

DS as a baby

Me (kindergarten?)

DD and DS
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #17
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think any of my children look just like me, though I can pick out features here and there. Of the four, my second DD looks the most like me. Oddly, I have had people tell me that my oldest looks just like me in public, even though she is the spitting image of her dad (and he and I look nothing alike). Maybe they are just being nice?

Not quite as bad as the friend in OP, but I got a similar question with DS1. He was born very dark like his dad (my DH is half black/half Greek), and people often think that DS looks Hispanic. He was maybe two weeks old and I was wearing him around the grocery store when I had an older woman come up to me, look at him, and go "what a cute baby, where did you get him from?"

ETA: Here's our Christmas pic from last year, I think it is the only pic we have with all 6 of us together.

And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.

Last edited by nrsenadenos; 05-30-2011 at 09:45 AM.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #18
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ever since older DD was born, I have been told she's almost a spitting image of me and there are definitely a lot of similarities but I see some of DH in her too (especially eye shape, she has my eye color though with more brown but DH's eye shape). Younger DD I've been told looks more like her dad but the more I look at her, I think she looks a lot like me. HOWEVER, she has most definitely inherited her daddy's build (hoping she didn't inherit my chest too) while my older daughter has my body build. Both girls were born with dark blue eyes and dark hair (was actually told by someone if I was going to have twins, I should have had them closer together, they looked that much alike) but the baby is showing more curly hair which DH had but DH was blond for most of his childhood as was my dad. My mom had dark curly hair growing up as do I. I don't know much about DH's parents because he was raised by his half sister for most of his growing up years. I really need to ask some of his family if anyone has any pictures of his dad. His mom I have no idea at all other than from the ONE picture I have of her, she looks a lot like DH and is definitely where he got his small build and feminine features.

I would post a picture but don't really have any of all of us online. I try to avoid the camera like the plague. lol
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #19
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD(right) and Me(left) at 6mo:

DS(right 8.5mo) and DH(left 12mo):
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #20
crunch!910
Registered Users

old photo from about a year ago, but you can see he is the spitting image of me. Actually, interestingly enough, when comparing his baby pictures to me and my twin's, he looks MORE like my twin sister in her baby pictures than me. Every now and then you get a glimpse of a facial expression taht resembles his daddy, but he definitely looks more like me.

more recent picture

Last edited by crunch!910; 05-30-2011 at 11:08 AM.
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote