Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2011, 05:53 AM   #1
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
May 30- June 5 New Year mama Chat

Hi! Think I miscalculated last week's thread. Feel free to start new on Mondays anyone .
Happy Memorial Day to US mamas and it's almost June

Advertisement

Last edited by erin_c_odonnell; 05-30-2011 at 05:56 AM.
erin_c_odonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:01 AM   #2
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 30- June 5 New Year mama Chat

Last night I'm 99% sure I had food poisoning. From 7 ish pm to about 1:30 am PAIN!!! Terrible shearing pain in my upper stomach. Cramping and just solid pain. Major nauseous but mostly PAIN. Now I'm weak but praise God a LOT better. I never want to see another avocado as long as I live

Thanks for posting last week about the car seats- I've been trying to figure out how we're gonna haul 3 radians across the airport come July along with all our bags, stroller etc. Egad!

Hope y'all are having a great Monday Monday
Old 05-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

i'm 5 weeks today! woke up this am super nauseated (has since subsided) and with an awful headache. ugh! i've had one almost every day. i've been thinking it was some sort of issue with my sinuses, but now it's pretty obvious that its pregnancy related . i hope they go away. getting up with the girls in the am has become really challenging, not necessarily because of the nausea (hasn't kicked in full force yet), but because i wake up with this throbbing headache! getting them ready for daycare tomorrow is going to be really interesting. everything else is going great. i've been putting off calling the dr to set up an appt because i've had to take so much time off work to get some psych stuff done for dd1. i know they aren't going to be thrilled. need to call tomorrow though, i kind of want to see if they can get me a u/s and get my due date settled for sure (although i can't be more than a couple days off). i have to go in and take a pg test first though to "verify" my pg for our insurance. stupid! so it will be a while before i get a "real" appt, unless they want me to come in early because i had spotting, in which case i'd be paying out of pocket. hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Oh Erin - sorry about the food poisoning! I got food poisoning from Subway (I'm 98% sure) when pregnant w/ DD. Morning sickness + food poisoning = absolute misery.

leeuhhh - a couple weeks ago (actually right about 5 weeks) I had a headache for about 3 days straight. I am wary of taking ibuprofen while pregnant, and Tylenol did absolutely nothing for it. Hope yours goes away!

AFM - TRYING to get our family together today so we can finally tell them. It's like pulling teeth though, and they never plan anything till the last possible moment - super annoying. Hopefully something will pan out this afternoon, because I am itching to share our news!

So I am 7w 1d now and I have to say that, while I do feel nauseated and just kind of nasty all the time, especially in the mornings, it is NOTHING like the m/s I had when pregnant with DD where I threw up multiple times per day and had an HG diagnosis. Maybe it is setting in later, or I just won't get it as bad (knock on wood!). It worries me a little bit, but at the same time every day that I don't wake up vomiting, I feel so relieved. I'm just not sure what to think. I guess every pregnancy is different.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sarah--glad you're feeling relatively good! Hope it continues!

Erin--oh no! that sounds awful. Hope you're all better from here on out.

Leuhh--I've heard about pg headaches. . .does not sound fun. I've heard Tylenol is the way to go. Have you tried a strong neck and head massage?

AFM: m/s definitely setting in. But so far it's like I had it with ds, just this constant annoying nausea which is worse first thing in the morning and in the late afternoon. . .but never actually caused me to vomit (knock on wood!). So it's not fun, but it's bearable. It does mean I just eat constantly. . .and I'm prety sure I;ve laready gained about 4lbs! But I guess that's right on, since last time I gained about a lb a week. Still. . .I have to put up my skinny jeans, sigh. ds was up every two hours last night , do not know what is going on with that. But it's really hard to take right now, since I'm so tired anyway.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am 6 weeks today! Yesterday we went to ds's birthday party at his dads, then a crawfish boil, then to watch my friend's dad's band play at the restaurant I work at. I think I overdid it because I was pretty crampy last night. So today I am taking it easy. DS is still at his dads for a long weekend and taylor is at work so I'm just sitting on the couch watching tv! Sounds like a good day to me.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

9weeks1 day today
And I am beginning to feel better!
I have an appointment on Wed with my ob and hubby will find out then too!
Please keep me in your prayers so that his reaction is better than I anticipate!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sarah- ms has been different for each of my pregnancies.

I was sick for 3 days with the 1st and then nothing until 10 weeks. . .with the second it was on and off. With the 3rd HORRIBLE, finally went away around 16 weeks. With this one it's worse than the first but better than the third. . . .however this is the first time I haven't lost weight the first trimester. I've gained. I can't wait until I can eat real food again. . .

I had an appt at 7 weeks (9 now) we heard the heartbeat for a second The 21st(12 weeks) the mw will do an early us! Can't wait to see the babe!

Last edited by foxygoober; 05-30-2011 at 11:31 AM.
foxygoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ah! We might be getting a 1 year old house trained Great Dane! We're going to go look at him in a few minutes! Dh wants him and I'm not so sure. Lol Its dh bday in a couple weeks tho so he says it'd be his bday present. We had 2 great Danes when I was little and I'm just not sure if I'm up for it or not right now.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #10
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxygoober View Post
Sarah- ms has been different for each of my pregnancies.

I was sick for 3 days with the 1st and then nothing until 10 weeks. . .with the second it was on and off. With the 3rd HORRIBLE, finally went away around 16 weeks. With this one it's worse than the first but better than the third. . . .however this is the first time I haven't lost weight the first trimester. I've gained. I can't wait until I can eat real food again. . .

I had an appt at 7 weeks (9 now) we heard the heartbeat for a second The 21st(12 weeks) the mw will do an early us! Can't wait to see the babe!
That's awesome you got to hear the heartbeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbi_n_nadia View Post
Ah! We might be getting a 1 year old house trained Great Dane! We're going to go look at him in a few minutes! Dh wants him and I'm not so sure. Lol Its dh bday in a couple weeks tho so he says it'd be his bday present. We had 2 great Danes when I was little and I'm just not sure if I'm up for it or not right now.
Oh my... I will say we have 2 big dogs and they drive me nuts. We love them and all, but when they are gone (they are 7 or 8 y/o now), we are done with pets. They're just so much work and so messy.

So I can't. stop. eating. Seriously. If my tummy is even the tiniest bit empty, I feel sick and all I can think of is finding something to eat. But most of the food we have turns my stomach. Most food in general doesn't sound good. It's really a challenge.

So far today, I've had 6 pieces of toast, a bowl of oatmeal, a sandwich, some cheese, 2 ears of sweet corn, and now a whole box of instant pudding. It's 1:30. But when I don't eat, I feel so sick.

Finally heard from DH's family, and we are getting together at 5. So DD will wear her "future big sister" shirt and we will tell everyone we are expecting. I'm so excited! I'm going to try to get a pic of her in it to post.

Last edited by sasra_nu; 05-30-2011 at 12:49 PM.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote