Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #21
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 30- June 5 New Year mama Chat

Just pulled pumpkin muffins out of the oven. . .I really wanted them, but they taste funny to me . . .it seems the only thing I can rely on to taste right is cereal. Except that I have to hold my breath when opening the fridge. . . Hubby got a pizza the other night, yuck.

As for a puppy-We decided we never want another puppy. . .a dog, maybe, but not a puppy.

As for strollers- We got a sit n stand for ds 2- In 3 years we've used it less than a dozen times. It is bulky-I find it easier to just carry the baby and use either a single stroller or a wagon. We just got a caboose for our wagon we use it so much.

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #22
audreyr
Registered Users
seller

We have an UPPAbaby Vista and I'm going to get the "PiggyBack" attachment, for my older baby to stand on. http://www.uppababy.com/products/product.php?id=44
We don't use a stroller much right now, but as Juniper (my 15 month old) gets heavier I might have to.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #23
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Hmmm, I've never even heard of the Phil&Ted. . .gonna have to look it up!
This is their 'Explorer' model which is the newer version of mine. I added the doubles kit and some other accessories. phil and ted's

This is definitely my last baby and I really don't use strollers all that often (mostly just zoo trips) so I can't justify it, but if this were my first or second and I was planning more children, I would go with the city select.

Last edited by austinandashlynsmommy; 05-30-2011 at 08:45 PM.
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #24
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lovin all the stroller talk!

I had a joovy ergo caboose (sit n stand type stroller) this time last year and I hated it! It was huge and impossible to push and the girls were uncomfortable in it. The design is cool but it needs some major work! So we finally sold it in Jan and got the Combi double and it is amazing! It folds so small and light, and they are comfy in it, it's easy to push, has nice cup holders for the girls, and the baskets are pretty big. Only thing is I need to get a parent console thing to go on the handle bar.

This is the one we have http://combiusa.com/Products/Item.as...m=46&Color=102

I tend to use strollers a lot especially just quick trips into the grocery store so light and quick fold/unfold is a must. I've always wanted to babywear but I tried several times with different carriers at different ages and it just never seems to work that well for us. Me and baby both get too hot and baby always seems uncomfy/wants to move. the carrier that has worked best tho was the baby k'tan! Zoe seemed to like being in it and she was already a couple months old when I got it so I bet it will be perfect for a newborn!

I hear you on the puppy thing i will definitely give it lots of thought before jumping into anything. We probably won't do it but I do feel bad cause dh has always wanted a Great Dane and he rarely ever gets anything for himself (although I would be the one taking care of it...) and I am terrible at coming up with ideas of what to get for him. :/ He wants/needs a new drill so I'll probably just go with that. Lol
Old 05-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #25
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I have to use strollers a lot b/c I have big babies and I also have back problems. So babywearing just isn't an option for me past about 20lbs, unfortunately, no matter the wrap/carrier. Another reason to really do the research this time and get a really good stroller (or two--I like to have one for home and one for the car/trips).
Old 05-31-2011, 06:17 AM   #26
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As far as babywearing, I have tried a LOT of different carriers and the only ones I found myself using on a regular basis were my babyhawks (which sadly I sold both and they were gorgeous discontinued prints because I thought we were done having babies) and for the newborn to 3 months ish stage, a moby wrap.
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #27
Cristin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hey ladies!
I usually don't keep up very well with chat threads, but I want to give it a shot. I was 6 weeks yesterday and the only people that know I'm pg are dh and 4 close friends so I need an outlet!
Dd has gone to the beach with my mom and sister for the week so I don't know what I'm going to do with myself over the next 5 days while dh is at work.
I hope y'all are having a great Monday!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #28
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hi Cristin! Love your verse- Hannah is my fav bible lady I think

As for babywear I love my Mei tai for dd2- she's really clingy sometimes and have a moby but haven't used it since dd3 was a baby. Just bought a hiking backpack at Goodwill for $10 but now I'm thinking it's too bulky. Going Wed to look at an infantino buckle backpack from a lady on craigslist but worried dd3 might already be too heavy for it. Wish I could afford a ergo . I want to hike with dd2 on my back and dd3 on front. Or have dh wear one and me the other. I'm not that coordinated and can't get dd3 (who's 18mth) on my back yet. Worried I'd drop her
Old 05-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #29
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Erin - Glad to hear you're feeling better! I got food poisoning from McD's a few years ago (chicken fajitas), and refuse to go back... but I can tell you without a doubt that is NOT something I wish to experience while pregnant. Especially at the beginning when we're not feeling the best as it is!

Leeuhhh - I've had headaches with this one here and there. Last night was a pretty bad one, but I just went to sleep without taking anything. There was a while, even before I found out was pregnant, I was getting them on the weekends. I did take some Tylenol for those though. This OB's office told me on Friday not to take Tylenol until the 2nd trimester. Oh well.

Sara - How did they take the news? And my folks are the same way! It's annoying because I never know what they're plans are until they show up, and it's kind of like "oh... okay, there went our plans." And when they make plans ahead of time, they always cancel which really frustrates me. My IL's are the complete opposite and love to plan things out and be on top of it all... I can't get any middle ground.

Lucinda - Hope your m/s eases soon. It's certainly not fun when it drags on for weeks and weeks on end. At least you're gaining though! I lost almost 10lbs with N at the beginning because I was so nauseous.

Vitto - Hope all goes well tomorrow!!

Abbi - I can't really help on dog advice. We've looked at puppies for a few months now, but always came back to the same thing. DH works 14hr days, and with me commuting/student teaching, there wouldn't be anyone here to train the pup or spend time with them. After finding out we're having another baby... it's definitely not time for a puppy. We're going to get one in a year or so.

I'm not really sure on strollers. The one I have, I've had since Z. It was part of the Graco travel system MIL got me for my baby shower. The stroller frame was bent, which makes assembly a bit of a pain in the rear. I have to jam the lock down, and then pry it open with a screwdriver or a tire iron (literally) and jam the stroller into my stomach or hip and yank the thing apart. We've barely used it because it's such a PITA to use. I'll most likely wear this bean in our sleepy wrap and have N ride in a shopping cart, on DH in the Ergo, or walk... which will be interesting. We're working on the walking thing... he's my child that likes to BOLT.

AFM: We spent yesterday out in the heat at the IL's. I was so exhausted last night. Today I plan on getting caught up on laundry and diapers. Maybe mop the kitchen floor. But I'm always up for just lounging around and playing with N ... until it's nap time and then I have to work on stuff for my advisor.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #30
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Erin--you should look on Craigslist (if they have it for your area) I got my Ergo that way for about half of the price of a new one.

Sarah--I wanna hear about your fam's reaction too!

We have loved the Ergo, my DH still wear ds on his back with it. As a NB I loved the Moby wrap too, although this time I want to get a "real" wrap. . .linen or something. I also have a Baby Ktan that I got on clearance and have never used (ds was too big already when I got it). I also have a Beco butterfly which I didn't use all that much, but I htink will be nice for this next baby. Hmmm, I have a lot of carriers for someone who doesn't babywear a lot. LOL I do assume that the first 4 months I will babywear the new baby a lot and just deal with ds the way I normally do (whether it's push him in a stroller or let him walk, or ride in the shopping cart etc). Despite the carriers I do have, I sooooo lust after a Babyhawk. . .hehehe. DH is gonna kill me if I buy a linen wrap and a babyhawk! I'll have to start watching FSOT.

Feel okay today. I made crockpot oatmeal and ate it immediately upon getting out of bed. .. that seemed to help. Had my first round ligament pains last night. Other than that, I'm just exhausted and trying to figure out how to deal with ds night nursing. My nipples are so sore and it seems worse at night. .. and I'm so tired. I'd really like to have him nightweaned. But I also hate the thought of the sleep deprivation to get there. . .and I feel so bad to take away something he loves and see him sad. Ugh.