Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
jeddings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Working out?

My plan is to continue working out throughout the pregnancy. Anyone else? I've stopped doing situps and I've replaced running with the eliptical. I know at some point when morning sickness kicks in and I'm super tired I'm going to loose motivation but I hope I can continue with it so it's easier to get back in shape postpartum.

Advertisement

jeddings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
I can't run because of my knees, but I walk for at least an hour a day. I will do the the whole pregnancy. I wish I could swim everyday. We live right by an Olympic pool actually. But it's just not possible with 2 kids and my dh living in San Diego 5 days a week.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Working out?

Oh, you were serious? J/k. I used to be a road cyclist and actually went to the gym to lift weights but stopped that when I got PG with DD and never picked it back up. Mostly because I no longer have a job to support my gym membership LOL!

I plan on at least hoping to do a lot of walking...

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
jeddings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My gym membership is killing me! $48 a month. And then this trainer keeps trying to convince me to sign up for some sessions which I can't afford. I love going to the gym though. It's nice to do something just for me 1-2 huors a day.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Due date crashing.

I have been working out since I got my bfp in Mar ( well I was working out then too but only 4-6 days a week). I exercise everyday, if I make it to the Y then I do an hour of Zumba or 5 miles on the elliptical or if I stay home then Leslie Sansone 3 mile walk and some weight lifting ( 2-3lbs). I have missed two days so far, Mothers Day and my b-day, I did go walking those days but nothing that made me sweat.

I got super tired with my other pregnancies but I this time it never it, maybe bc of the exercise. The only problem I noticed was other peoples bo in the gym the first couple weeks,
Old 06-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #6
PrissyMaesMama
Registered Users
seller

I'll be working out like a crazy woman! (just like last time). I've been running 30 minutes on the treadmill and lifting weights. I personal train 3 clients in the mornings so I feel like I live part time at the gym. I've cut out abs, but I'm still working core. The running probably wont last too long. As soon as my boobs and belly get to big, I'm off to the elliptical
Old 06-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
jeddings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Alana-That is awesome! I hope I can keep it up as well. Glad to hear it helps with energy level. I need all the energy I can get with 4 kids on my own.

Natalie-If you don't mind from time to time would you mind if I asked you advice? My goal is to stay active and get plenty of exercise but I don't want to put the baby at risk either. Is there anything in particular you think I should not be doing? Like I said I'm not doing any abs and I've switched to the elliptical for my cardio.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #8
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kelly--here is a link for safe ab exercise. They are actually for abdominal separation, but are also just safe for pg. . .the model in the video is pg! http://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_separation.html

Oh, I wish I was still in shape! I was a dancer back in the day and was in tip-top shape. . but the two years before my son was born I spent in grad school just sitting and studying 24/7 and I've never had tie to get back into shape. (Not to mention I now have re-occurring back pain issues and can't do anything impactive.)

I'll be doing 45-60min of walking everyday and also prenatal yoga 2x a week. I just sadly don't have the time for more than that. We do have an elliptical at home though and I've been trying to get on it a few times a week and I make sure to do my back/ab strengthening, b/c I have back problems and keeping the core strong is what saves me.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #9
jeddings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Kelly--here is a link for safe ab exercise. They are actually for abdominal separation, but are also just safe for pg. . .the model in the video is pg! http://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_separation.html

Oh, I wish I was still in shape! I was a dancer back in the day and was in tip-top shape. . but the two years before my son was born I spent in grad school just sitting and studying 24/7 and I've never had tie to get back into shape. (Not to mention I now have re-occurring back pain issues and can't do anything impactive.)

I'll be doing 45-60min of walking everyday and also prenatal yoga 2x a week. I just sadly don't have the time for more than that. We do have an elliptical at home though and I've been trying to get on it a few times a week and I make sure to do my back/ab strengthening, b/c I have back problems and keeping the core strong is what saves me.
Cool thanks!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #10
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post

I was just wondering why everyone was saying they were cutting out abs. There's no need to do that this early and even later on MOST women can still do them safely. You need to check to make sure your abs aren't splitting and avoid twisting in the third tri. Limit time on your back in later months too but otherwise there's no need to stop them completely.

Last pg I did pilates (which is pretty much ALL abs) up until the last 3 weeks when I just could get up off the floor anymore. This time around I'm doing Stroller Strides. If you stay at home, I'd highly recommend seeing if it's available in your area. Great workout, and great to get out and about with other local moms. It's a mix of cardio and strength training.