Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #101
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy 1st Birthday JuneBugs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCo7707 View Post
Elena - again! So excited for you!

Side note...when you read "your eggo is preggo" does anyone else interpret it as "you're waffle is knocked up" because that's all I can think about

When she first said that to me, I thought eggo as in waffle too, but didn't take it as far as you....my waffle is knocked up!

Elena: Oh yeah! They are getting darker. You are not going nuts, you are preggo! So cool! I had a hard time posting too. I didn't join ds until 2.5 month before I was due with Addi and then didn't start with you guys until a little later. I love having all of you as my 'friends' though, I just wish we were all neighbors too! I have gotten to know a few of the Jan moms a little, but it's still nothing like this! I can only hope to get as close to them. But it is so hard joining so early, so many of them have lost babies and it makes me worry more and more.

AFM: Yesterday DH put Addi down for a nap and put her in a clean diaper before hand. Well, it was velcro and the diaper was the only thing on. When she woke up and I went in to get her, almost her entire crib was SOAKED! How does she even pee that much? Now I know those diapers are pretty absorbent lol. The diaper was laying beside her totally dry lol

Because of that, I changed her bedding and we decided we might as well move the mattress down a notch. She hasn't stood all the way up yet, but she can stand kinda like she is bending over. So we lowered the front and then I stood her up in the crib to see how tall she was at that setting. Then she sat down and pulled herself right back up twice! So she can stand now, but she hasn't figured out that she can pull herself up on anything but the crib yet. Glad we lowered the mattress.

DH is working on a raised flower bed so we can plant our tomato plants. He was outside cutting rail road ties for it with his chain saw and we went out to watch him. As soon as we get to the door, Addi starts doing "voom voom" Then today he was using his drill on it and we went out and she did the same thing. Too cute!

She is talking so much! Most of it we can't understand at all, but when she 'talks' she has all the right tones and everything and will babble out sentences. She is truly telling stories. If you talk to her and ask her things, she will tell you all about it. She points and does all these hand gestures too. It is so cute! You can have full on conversations with her. As for real words, she says
bird "bur"
dog "daw"
daddy "da yee"
balloon "bawoo"
hi
yay
no
All done "aw done"

She points at everything and shakes her head no all day long lol. She signs for all done and says it at the same time. Everytime she takes a bite of something she says "om" She is starting to get a little more picky about her food. She used to love spagetti but now she barely eats anything with tomato sauce. She does the same with corn, cheese, olives and eggs. Used to eat them ok, now will barely touch them. She loves bananas and manderine oranges though. She won't eat meat and won't eat bread unless it has something on it.

She crawls like a pro! She loves magnets. She will sit at the fridge and take them all off, then put them all back again and again. She loves anything that has buttons she can push and gets very proud and claps for herself whenever she succeeds at pushing them.

She is getting much more cuddly. She is still very into her thumb sucking. She only has the bottom 2 teeth, but I suspect at least one top one will be in very soon, they look so close!

We went to the park the other day and let Addi kick her feet in the stream. She really enjoyed that. We had her friend Chloe with us and she walked all around a fountain that spills water on the ground around it. Addi enjoyed this instead.

We are planning a long road trip. We want to leave any day now, bu there is still work to be done. I need to catch up on laundry and start using sposies so I don't have to wash a days worth of diapers. DH needs to finish doing the garden. All the plants are in pots and they have to be watered at least once a day. Once he finishes the garden and gets them in the ground, they will be much hardier and we can set up a drip line for them. We don't know how long we will be gone. I am guessing around 2 weeks. We plan to take it slow. Other then that, we have no real plans.

As soon as we get back, DH is going to start looking for a job, submitting applications and his resume all over. Hopefully he will get something that he will like to do, and fairly easily. I am so afraid that it will take forever for him to land a job...just since he is a brand new graduate and positions are very few. That is why we are taking this road trip though, because once he does start work, who knows when we will have time to do something like this again.

This is our approximate route. We are going to Vegas, then to California. We will drive the coast and see the redwoods in northern Cali/southern Oregon. Then we will go over to yellowstone and then back down. I don't know what else there is to see along the way, but I hope we find something. It's supposed to be a really beautiful drive and we will be going through parts of the country that we would like to maybe live in like northern Idaho and Wyoming, Colorado, and possible Oregon. So there will be lots of dreaming too.

Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #102
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I understand where you are coming from Jul. We to have money problems, Illegal vehicles that need repair and a vehicle that could not possibly fit another child. It is super duper tight with the three in there. So for us to have another child requires alot of change. Expensive change....and no money so that is why we have decided to hold off and re-evaluate when L turns 2ish. I suppose if things don't change, then we won't have any more My heart tells me we aren't done. I wish the bank would agree
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #103
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

yeah.....if it was just a matter of money, i wouldn't *worry* so much about it being our last, but let's say in 5 yrs our situation is financially way better? well, I'll be almost 46. So....for us, it is the time constraints too. But, either way, I can't do anything about any of it. DH said last night that if it didn't happen and then Kailani was 12 and we wanted another really bad, we would adopt (he doesn't really want to adopt) and I said, then I will be like 53! and then he was like, "oh yeah and we will have grandkids bc of the older kids prob by then". If we don't have another, I will be saddest for Hana and Kailani, but mostly for Hana. I will feel like I have failed him as he wanted 3 kids

I dunno if it I posted it on here but my step told Hana that July 14th was their last day of work. And Target may not be able to take him back FT...and even if they do, that's not enough $$.

Shannon, that sounds like a lot of fun! I love her words too. That's how K says balloon too or sometimes he adds the N "baa wooooon"

Elena, I don't remember if that was the 1st time you showed DH? or had you showed him the ones from yesterday? What was his 1st reaction? (or was it the "again?" )
Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #104
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Terra - That just sounds disgusting right now. Or any time. But especially right now.
So glad you see it darker too!

Shannon - Again, so glad someone else sees it, not just me!
That definitely is the down-side to joining a DDC early on, especially on a site like this with lots of mamas from all over - there are bound to be some losses. Although some groups have nearly none, some have quite a few. I want to let myself be happy about this bean though, so I'm just gonna go with it.

Levi's crib mattress still isn't on its lowest setting. We put it on the 2nd to lowest when we first put him in the crib and just haven't gotten around to lowering it. Eventually we'll get it done. He doesn't try to climb out or anything and the rail is still at his armpits, so I don't think he's going anywhere anyways.
The reason I've left it up is just so it's easier for me to lay him down - I can't quite reach to the mattress when it's all the way lowered, so there's kinda a drop at the end when I lay them down! I don't want him to wake up!

Addi pics, always. She looks like such a little princess with her toes in the water!
That's awesome that she's doing so much! Isn't it just amazing to see how they learn and change? Especially when you think back just one year Craziness.

That's a long road-trip, but I bet it'll be a blast! Are you camping/tenting or hoteling it for nights?

Jul - I hope Hana can get something really well paying and enjoyable for himself.
I can understand what you're saying about feeling guilty if there were no more babies for you and Hana together. But he is the boys' step dad and will be their babies grandpa - he will have more babies

Levi says "boon" for balloon

I didn't show him the ones from yesterday, just this morning's one. So the "again" was his 1st reaction He's not upset or anything, just surprised. When he left this morning he came running back in to hug me and make sure to tell me that he's very happy and excited.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #105
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BBL to quote

So I'm having a rough time with Cooper. I am little upset/sad. I feel like the first 6 months he/I were miserable. Colic/relfux/dairy....then he got better but now it seems like it is all back again. He is cranky, unhappy, all he does is screams like pterodactyl screaming. If he wants something he screams, if he doesn't get it immediatly he screams and arches, tries to throw things and just seems irritated alot. I can't take the screaming. How do I stop it? Tell him no, shhhhhh, quiet, no thank you....I don't know what to do. I am signing like a mad women and he just wont do it just screams. Today we had to return my iphone and all he did the entire time at the mall was scream. He didn't want to be held, he didn't want to be in the stroller just wanted to scream. I knew he wanted to nurse but dang it why wont he just sign "nurse" (he can do it) instead of head but me and scream and arch! I see all these things that 12-13 month olds are doing and he isn't doing any of them really. The things he is doing now is like what a 9 month old would be doing. He says no words....babbles a tiny bit mostly screams now, Stopped waving, kinda scoots/drags his legs to crawl and thats it! Still has horrible seperation anxiety so i can't sit him down to "play" Just kind of frustrated.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #106
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tamara. That would be frustrating. I shouldn't say would - it is frustrating when Levi has days like that! He went through a time, still does every so often, when he doesn't want to sign. DH and I just make sure to sign to him, if he refuses and screams we take his hands and force him to do the sign. Then give him whatever - so he still gets it and stops screaming about it, but he also gets the reinforcement that signing = getting, and he gets that it's easier just to sign after all.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #107
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Tamera: Addi does it too. She screams and screams! Some days are worse than others. She has this high pitched, ear aching scream that we HATE! She does it mostly in the car now, where it is even louder and more annoying because we can't just distract her. When at home, she will throw complete tantrums, she will scream and if she doesn't get what she wants (which I hate giving into that because I don't want her to think she gets what she wants by screaming) she will lay down on the floor and bang her head and scream and cry. It drives me crazy! I have no idea what to do about it, so we ignore it the best we can right now.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #108
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon and Elena your new siggies!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #109
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Kailani shrieks and screams a lot. he throws tantrums, throws stuff when he is mad and hits. it's awesome. <the italics denote sarcasm>. He uses words a lot, but I don't know what a lot of his words are . He points and shrieks a lot of the day. Tam, I think a lot of his frustration is he is getting ready to do new things, or he WANTS to and can't yet, so he gets frustrated. When you wear him is it on your back or front? I will tell you, Kailani doesn't like the beco anymore. He will only tolerate it for a few minutes. he loves the kanga though. It is way roomier and he gets really deep in there, so the only time he fusses to get out is if we are doing errands with the boys and they are standing right there at his grabbing reach. I am sorry Coop is going thru that right now

oh, a *fun* new thing he just started last night...he noticed our eyelashes, so he has been poking me and DH in the eye all day
Old 06-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #110
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tamara - thanks! I feel so

Jul - Yup, tantrums rock. Although I'll take Levi's all day over the ones the older kids throw. Holey moley!
Is he old enough to show you/take you to what he wants? I remember doing that with the older kids, especially Ruth (one of those perks of being the only/first kid!) - if they were wanting something and I couldn't understand them and they were getting frustrated, I'd offer my hand and say "come, show me" and let them guide me to whatever they were wanting.