Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #21
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy 1st Birthday JuneBugs!!

Elena: I think a dog cake would be perfect! Addi loves dogs too. But not as much as Levi, she will point at one whenever she sees one. Even pics of them. Then she gets all excited when you acknowledge and say 'dog', she will then say "daw" And walking! WOW, what a big boy he is getting to be!

Weather here is pretty normal, except still windy. What stinks here is the smoke! There are 2 really big fires burning in AZ (our neighboring state) and the smoke rolls over us around 6 every night. It is very thick, hard to breath, ash falling. This fire is at least 300 miles away! I miss our clear skies. It almost looks like it is going to snow all day but it's 90f out!

We had Addi's birthday party last weekend. I am so bad about posting here now I have a new ddc and we do a lot of chatting on fb.

So here is a pic overload!

About 45 mins old. She nursed for about 30 mins straight right after she was born. Then the midwife's assistant was able to examine her.

2 days old. At home getting some sun in the window. I can't believe she was so tiny!

6 days old. We went and got her a dress. It was the first girly outfit she ever had. Since we didn't know what she was, she wore a lot of green, blue, and yellow lol

Now she is 1. She crawls everywhere, opens drawers, points, knows where her nose is and will point at it then clap. She says dog "daw", balloon "bawoo", dada, thank you "da do" She loves peekaboo and can stack blocks. She loves to put stuff inside containers. She will eat anything except cheese and eggs. Gosh, she has grown so much!

We made 2 cakes...one for her and one for everyone else. They were chocolate with little pieces of strawberry in them. MMM So yummy!

bath time!

Then she wore her big sister shirt. It took about 15 mins for someone to notice and we had about 30 people there!

It was great fun and she got way too many toys!

Took her to her 1 yr appt yesterday.

Just born stats: 7lbs, 0 oz and 20 inches long.
1 year stats:15lbs, 2 oz and is 26 inches long.

Advertisement

Last edited by solarbabies; 06-09-2011 at 10:00 AM.
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #22
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love how asleep she looks in the first pic - nursed for 30 minutes and OUT like a light so cute!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #23
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon - Addi pics! Always have, lol. She's just so adorable! And she's changed so much since those wee newbie pics
Don't go and leave us just cuz of the new bean! We wanna see pics and whatnot too! Although... I suppose you did say FB... yeah, I know, I gotta get on there, lol.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #24
solarbabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mer: She was! She was such a peaceful little thing. She didn't cry for the first time until the next day after we were home for a while.

Elena: She is too cute! I can't believe we could make such a beautiful little girl! I won't leave, promise And yes fb, we are all on there! You only have 12 more days until summer, so why wait?
Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #25
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Elena the dog cake would be so cute. Cooper just started panting when he sees a dog. Cute! I made Cooper a cupcake cake that is still sitting in the fridge more on that later....

Sorry about AF. That is really miserable. Seems like my cycle last month was kind of long and really heavy too. I wouldn't think that the low plateletts would have anything to do with it but who knows.
Levi. I follow your blog!

Shannon great pics. She is such a cute little girl. What does her shirt say...does it say something about being a big sister. It looks like it says something like having a secret...couldn't read it though.

AFM: We went to the cheesecake factory for Cooper's first birthday and he had a plate of strawberries with whip cream and a candle on it. Then they wrote Happy 1st Birthday around the plate in chocolate. They sang to him and then he dove in. It was probably the best "cake" for him because he loves loves loves strawberries! By the time we got home it was so late so we couldn't open presents. Then DH has been working so much that the presents are still wrapped, cupckae cake that I made still in the fridge. Tomorrow I am going to let him open his presents...DH is gone but oh well. Cooper won't know. LOL

We leave on the 18th to go to Texas and DH basically told me oh well too bad we got the tickets, I am not going. So we fought about it and then he left yesterday to go to Japan for the weekend. (this was all yesterday) so I was scrambling trying to figure out who could go with me to help me....Today he tells me that he will go. Which is good but I could strangle him for stressing me out about it! Unfortunatly there will probably not be any water in the river to tube on

I have been sooo busy with the last minute preperations for Sarah's baby shower...should be good. I will post pics when I am done.

Not too much more going on. Cooper is sick, he caught Anthony's sickness. Just hope they are better before we leave!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #26
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon - Because I have a "list" of things I need to get done before I can take the time figuring out FB and an online store!

Tamara - Yeah... I have no clue what to do if AF keeps going like it did while we were ttc. I don't want to deal with that much draining me, but I don't/wouldn't want to do anything to prevent possibly getting pregnant just to help AF.
Sorry about the cake and gifts - sounds like Cooper had a yummy "cake" anyways, though!
Good luck with the trip!
Oh, and thanks for following my blog! I really do it for my parents and in-laws, so they can see what's happening with us and the kids. But it'd be neat if other people read it, lol!
Old 06-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #27
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

sorry Elena . I have been super busy, the ILs are in town and we are having his family party tomorrow.

dog cake= yes!! kailani loves dogs too....except he also thinks squirrels and horses are dogs too, lol. he says dog then starts barking "boof boof". My ds3 had a "purple puppy party" one yr, I will have to see what I did for the cake.

fb really isn't hard. sign up (you can skip all the 'about me' junk and just make an acct and look for me and i'll set you up with our group)

tam, sounds funny to say your dh "went to japan for the weekend"

shannon, i can't believe she weighed more than k at birth! she looked so teeny! I can't tell what her shirt says either except whoo has a secret....

as for us, it's been quite a week. As I said, the IL's, SIL and niece got here Monday night and we have been hanging out with them....they have been good about not getting too much into his personal space and so he has warmed up nicely to them. He walks down the stairs (!) from nap and peeks through the rails as he is climbing down to see if they are at the house. He is talking so much more, he says thank you and you're welcome which kind of sound like they are supposed to, but the inflections are dead on and he says them in the right spot. he is also mimicking almost any word we say, it's so cute. My fav thing is him signing "finish" or "done". I use the Hawaiian word, Pau and he will sign it if he is done eating or going potty. sometimes he signs it before we ask and he was scared of a noise (made by the fan trying to eat a balloon) and he looked at hana trying to fix it and kept signing "pau", like he wanted it to be done
This evening he was tired and was going to his toy area and tripped. well, DH was right there and picked him up bc he was high pitched screaming. He didn't calm down right away and I didn't want to be like, "only I can calm him" so I watched and waited a few (his family was all here) and finally, I reached for him bc he was staring at me and noticed that he had blood pouring out of his mouth and his tooth went almost thru his chin, like there is a red cut on the outside of his chin .

Elena, today our weather is very nice....we had 2 100+ days this week AND 3 last (when our AC was out for 2 of them). Now it's 80's and warm, but I'll take that!

Well, tomorrow, we are having family over for cupcakes, but lots of people can't make it, so I should have invited the friends I wanted to in the 1st place. I have tons to do to get ready plus have church in the am, but I am not thinking it's gonna get done cuz he is awake!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #28
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an idea for the cake now - yeah, I'm late working on it, but hopefully I'll get it done. At least I can work on it when he's around/awake - the older kids we try to only work on their cake when they're not around so it can be a surprise. No worries for Levi, lol!
I'm going to use a cute puppy template for an applique I found online. I think I can use it to make a sort of 3D puppy Wish me luck!

Jul - It sounds like you've had a busy/full house and week! Goodness! I do wish we were nearer family, but sometimes I'm kinda glad we're not!

AFM: We went to our summer fair yesterday. Super long day, lots of walking and sun, but we had fun. The kids love going for the rides and had a blast. Levi loved watching all the rides and everyone, and Isaac and I took him on the merry-go-round for his first ride! (Kinda special cuz I went on it with Isaac last year while still pregnant with Levi, joked that it was baby's first fair ride then, lol) He loved going up and down, though he looked scared at first but at the end was bouncing around and grinning

We were planning to go to church this morning - not happening, after that long day and besides all that our van is really acting up (like stalling every time you slow/brake, not good!) and DH is going to replace the spark plugs today to see if that helps.
So, instead, I need to work on Levi's cake, I gotta run out and do my flower baskets, and I'd love to "re-lilac" my house again. I have a great big bunch of lilac bushes around our shed and just the scent - my fav flowers! I've been cutting some every few days for the past couple weeks and putting them around the house. Makes it smell so nice and fresh and outdoorsy in here!

And I need to (somehow, not sure with the van out of commission) get the kids to town to pick out their gifts for Levi's birthday and get a few things for that - balloons, streamers, etc.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #29
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies -
I've been busy too - my back has been killing me and I've been super crampy.

How the crazyness am I going to wean Henna - Zaylee was so easy - Henna is refusing and I want to rip off my own boobs - maybe I will grow a third and then I can just give it to her.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #30
solarbabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm growing a third in my armpit....