Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #41
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Happy 1st Birthday JuneBugs!!

can you wear her on your back? You can put the buckles higher (the waist ones) or use a MT for a back carry. Lots of preggo moms tie it above their waist. Or you can do what i do and let her crawl everywhere while you are doing yard work . Kailani has always been put down outside and he always would crawl around eating grass rocks and dirt. he now likes to walk around in the yard but tries to get out the gate or if we are in the front he takes off down the sidewalk.

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #42
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

How high could I buckle it? If I buckle above my waist, I am afraid the pressure would hurt. I do have 2 mei tei's that I have never liked before, but haven't tried for a while. She LOVES the beco. It's the only carrier I have tried that she has been calm, still and fallen asleep in many times. I always do a front carry, so I could try a back carry.

It is pure gravel, dirt, and weeds where we are working. No grass or anywhere I would feel comfortable putting her down. I guess we just need rails on our deck, then we could set up a spot on it.

Just because she is so cute and I am proud of this action shot I just took It is her to a T right now. Crawling everywhere and smiling all the while lol

Last edited by solarbabies; 06-15-2011 at 06:39 PM.
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #43
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

cute pic! i guess you can put the waist as high as you want...look up bw-ing while pg. can you put a blanket in that area? dirt and gravel sounds like k's idea of a party, lol
Old 06-16-2011, 06:47 AM   #44
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Oh my. Is he ever so handsome, Elena I wanna see cake pics!

Glad your van is fixed. Ours just failed inspection and it will be around $1300 to fix it :/

AFK: growth spurt and toofs 9-12 are halfway in- the ones on the sides, his eye teeth aren't in yet . he is also talking like crazy "kailani can you hand me my keys?" to which he does and says, "here" and then the cadence of "your welcome" when you say thank you. he also has a one track mind, like when we left the park yesterday, he kept turning around to walk back even after I tried the millionth distraction and we had turned the corner so he couldnt see it. finally had to carry him into the house. Also he is testing out running which means he has busted his teeth thru his bottom lip 2 times in a day, stubbed his toe bloody, etc. I tried flip flops on him yesterday, per DH's insistence and he walked great with them. Took them off about 20 min later and he had blisters on his arches. No more shoes for now

AFM: survived the ILs visit although had to explain why we don't pronounce his name the way they want us to. I think it bothered his sis the most bc they asked me when Hana wasn't there and then later, when I wasn't around, she had her daughter ask Hana again why. I think she thought I was lying when I said it was his choice. she was all like, "well you know when you take him to hawaii they are going to pronounce it like this -----" and hana said, "Well I will correct them EVERY time". like wtf did she expect us to say, "oh thanks for bringing it up when he is a YEAR old instead of before. Now we will just tell him his name is different?" She irks me anyway.
Aww, thanks Jul! I sure love this little guy - he's just such a wonderful baby. Total and complete momma's boy, and I can't hardly ever get a moment away from him without him being in tears for me, but I just...
I feel guilty sometimes because I really think I'm enjoying each baby more than the last. I certainly am enjoying Levi more than I did Ruthie as a baby... although things were so different then (younger, pretty much alone save for DH and our dog, across the country from all my family, newly married, etc) and I had no friends or real support system like I do now. It just seems kinda unfair. I wish I could go back and do it all over again, like it would be more fair to them all as babies. It's not that I love Levi more than I did Ruthie as a baby (or her now), but I just wasn't as calm, didn't feel as capable, wasn't able to just go with things.
Sorry, tangent.
DH took pics of the cake and blowing out the candle and whatnot. He's got a bunch of end of year marking to do right now though so it'll be a couple days before he gets the pics edited for me. I'll post when I get them up on my blog.

I'm sorry about your van. I'm so glad we live in a province without annual inspections - vehicles only need to be safetied when they're bought/sold. Otherwise, there would be a lot more work and $$ needed for it. But we just need it to run and get us safely where we need to go.

for K!! Poor dude! Levi's gotten so many bruises and bumps the past few weeks, as he's really starting to walk and get moving. I hope it'll be a bit yet before he goes full out for running!
I tried a little pair of flip flops on him today (they have a strap around the back to keep them on) and he was not happy - he yelled at me, yelled at the shoe, and said quite clearly "Stop!" when I tried to put the 2nd shoe on Got it, no shoes. He much prefers bare foot, even on rough grass and rocks, but will wear Robeez shoes and sandles. They're all he's worn. I had a little pair of knock-off crocs for Isaac at this age and tried them a month or so ago on Levi. He didn't like those either. But I might dig them out and try again here soon, just for him to have something on outside - his feet get SO dirty!

How are you guys pronouncing his name? How are you "supposed" to pronounce it?
Weirdo families. Whatever. Say it however you want to/have been! It's his name all ready, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
Elena: I wanna see cake pics too! I love Isaacs cake, you are so creative! And the treasure hunt....how do you come up with ideas like that? I love that one pic at his graduation where he was looking up too, that is adorable!

AFMAddi fell She was in a wagon outside (like a little garden wagon). I put a blanket on the bottom of it and toys inside. It has walls and she can't stand so I thought it would be ok. We were right there, working on the garden, no more than 5 feet away from her. She flipped out of it and landed on the ground. Her fingers were caught in the mesh siding though. I ran and lifted her body up so her fingers would come loose. She screamed and screamed. I felt so bad She is fine now except 2 fingers are bruised a little. I feel like bad mommy. Since she crawls all over now, what am I supposed to do with her? I can't wear her anymore, the carrier won't buckle anymore and when DH wears her she starts arching and fighting after a few minutes. I think it's that he doesn't have big squishy, soft pillows on his chest lol.
for Addi and you too! I'm sorry she fell and I'm sorry you're feeling guilty about it.
If it helps at all, my kids have had much worse tumbles, coming out of some better and come worse for wear - they're all kickin and well now, though. Kids take tumbles, they get bumps and bruises and owies. All you can do it cuddle and love them all better

I agree with Jul - try out a back carry with a mei tai, and you might be able to get the beco comfy for ya back carrying too! I think it's all about personal preference/comfort as to how high/where to have the waist strap while pregnant (or when not anyways). I've seen lots of pics with mamas with the strap above their belly and a few with it below, so I think it's just about what's comfy for you. It certainly won't bother/hurt the baby either way -he's nice and cushioned in there no matter what!

But I also agree that I would be lazy and just let her crawl all over - just make sure she's wearing something you don't mind getting dirty, let her get filthy and have a wash afterwards.
I totally understand you not wanting to let her be in the dirt and rocks (I never would have been okay with it with Ruthie!) but I promise she'll be a-ok, and possibly love it! She may eat some too, but it hasn't hurt Levi yet - and he's been working on eating lots of dirt lately! Stinker!

that pic of Addi! WTG with the crawling, big girl!

AFM: Going to MOTS this morning - our last one for this year, at my friend's farm. Made cupcakes to take for the kids (for Levi's birthday) last night. And my friend called me late afternoon to ask if I had a baby swing here - which I do. Her sister is pregnant, c-sec scheduled for the 21st (so, like, 5 days away) and all they have for the new baby is a bassinet and 2 sleepers. Literally.
So, I also got to get the swing all put together and go through all my itty baby clothes and receiving blankets to put some things together for her. She only wants gender neutral stuff, and I have a lot of either boy or girl things... and some stuff I can't bear to part with (I assume I'll get these things back... but I don't know for sure and just in case there's some stuff I'm just too attached to - they're for my babies ). Anyways, I was able to put together:
1 blanket (a bit heavier, for sleeping)
1 bassinet fitted sheet
6 receiving blankets
4 sleepers
2 gowns (although I don't know if they'll consider those gender neutral, we used them constantly for our boys)
5 diaper shirts
2 hats
some socks and bibs
That should be enough to get her through the first bit, I think? I figure after a c-sec she won't want to be going out to buy anything, her DH will have the 2 older girls to deal with so he won't want to go shopping either. So hopefully this will be of some help.

The only problem with doing all that... is that now I'm really itching for another newbie! Half the time I just sat there looking at an outfit or something and remembering who wore it when. my babies. I can only imagine if I'd had to go through my newbie cloth diapers
DH did say the other night, right after "You know you're going to get pregnant, right?" I'm not sure whether it was a statement or a warning though! He's never said he doesn't want more, actually has said to other people that he wants, or is open to, more. Apparently he's been teaching reproduction to his science class and discussing things, gets him thinking, lol. He's shown them "the great sperm race" and in it it says that good sex increases the chances of getting pregnant - hence his comment!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #45
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

nak...i wear i spend so much fixing the dang car each yr we could get a new one! but i am sure we don't qualify for the payments. the inspection thing is by state bc hana said in tx he didn't need them.

his name...*supposed* to be pronounced KYE-LAHNI, but we pronounce it KUH-LAHNI. the story is, we loved the name, but like it spelled Kailani not Kalani. So if we had left out the 1st "I" we would technically be correct in the way we pronounce it. But we didn't like how it looked with only one "I". We told his family this is how we were pronouncing it and when they were here all last yr and always on the phone, they pronounce it the 1st way. We always say it the other way. So one day, his mom asks me where we got his name (their way of bringing it up). i knew what they were getting at, so I cut right to it and said, Hana wanted it pronounced like this. To which his sister said that's not right. And hana told her the 1st "I" was silent which pissed her off. "there are no silent "I"s in Hawaiian!". But he didn't care, he said, that's how we say it. I told him if she brings it up again to say that's how it's pronounced in the Philippines . When she said everyone would pronounce it the other way when we went to the Islands it just dawned on me that why would they UNLESS they saw it written down? Like if they ask his name and we tell them, they will assume it's spelled with one "i". BFD sheesh. I would rather them spell it wrong then say it wrong. Anywho ALL my kids get their names spelled or said wrong, but it seems like his fam was doing it on purpose to make a point.

You really don't wish you could go back, Elena. How you parented Ruthie then shaped how you parent Levi now I made some different decisions with the boys, but each time I grew more confident and more educated. I admire people who go in to this parenting thing all set and do it all right the 1st time. I just did what felt right and adjusted as I learned more. I had NEVER heard of ERF until I came on here and now me and sis are def into it for the 1st 2 yrs....me probably longer. My others were turned around when they hit 20lbs (before a yr with some!) but we didn't know.
I'm always most in love with whomever is the baby at the time, however, I do feel different about K. I don't know if it's bc he is the product of so much love, having found my soul mate? Or bc I am older? and he is my mid-life baby? Or bc I had the others so close, they were all lumped together? I can't say it out loud, but I know I feel *different* about him.

the shoes....oy. i can't get socks or robeez on him. it has been MONTHS since he wore socks. i think i tried once and no-go. awesome that levi said stop lol.

I don't want k to be alone in 5 yrs when ds4 is 18, bt it may not happen.

today is the kids last day of school! i am excited for summer hang out time!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #46
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

oh, i will have to keep the good sex=pg thing in mind
Old 06-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #47
solarbabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Elena: So nice of you to get stuff together like that for a baby. I did something like that too, but I don't remember what all I gave them. A bath, a few onsies and a few receiving blankets is all I know for sure.

That's funny that he said stop Addi won't wear socks anymore, pulls them right off usually. And if I put her in her carseat with socks or shoes on, she tries to take them off. She has a pair of sandals she will wear, they velcro over the toe and over the top near her ankle. She knows how to undo the bottom, but not the top yet, so we are safe with those for now. I am always afraid of losing a shoe somewhere.

I'm not afraid of her getting dirty really, I am afraid of her tearing up her legs/hands. I can put jeans on her, but I can't protect her hands. But I am weird like that. DH and I have been talking about finishing our deck. It has the decking, but no rails at all. So if we put rails up and a babygate over the stairs, she could play on the deck. Then if I want, I can get some of those foam pads that puzzle together so she's have somewhere nice to play. But that all costs $.

maybe you are preggo, at least he is open to it. Funny that he said that though, someone has some confidence

Jul: I have always said Kuhlani. I don't know if you told us at some point how to pronounce it or not. I don't like Kaylani, but that may be because I am used to Kuhlani and Kaylani is some stranger baby

AFM: We are going to a little amusement park on Sat with some friends. It will be fun, and good for them. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but this friend was 17 weeks preggo and lost her little boy almost 3 weeks ago. It was really hard for them and I am sure still is. So we bought the tickets and am treating them to this. I hope it puts some smiles on faces. I guess I will avoid the roller coaster. But otherwise, none of the rides there are too jerky or crazy, so I think I should be fine.

We are working on our garden. It is really small this year. We are building a raised bed for it. I think it will be so nice once it is all done

I have been sewing diapers lately. I have made 8 so far and have 4 about a 3rd done and then have quite a few more (6-10 I think) cut out and ready to sew. So I have been busy.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #48
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
nak...i wear i spend so much fixing the dang car each yr we could get a new one! but i am sure we don't qualify for the payments. the inspection thing is by state bc hana said in tx he didn't need them.

his name...

You really don't wish you could go back, Elena. How you parented Ruthie then shaped how you parent Levi now I made some different decisions with the boys, but each time I grew more confident and more educated. I admire people who go in to this parenting thing all set and do it all right the 1st time. I just did what felt right and adjusted as I learned more. I had NEVER heard of ERF until I came on here and now me and sis are def into it for the 1st 2 yrs....me probably longer. My others were turned around when they hit 20lbs (before a yr with some!) but we didn't know.
I'm always most in love with whomever is the baby at the time, however, I do feel different about K. I don't know if it's bc he is the product of so much love, having found my soul mate? Or bc I am older? and he is my mid-life baby? Or bc I had the others so close, they were all lumped together? I can't say it out loud, but I know I feel *different* about him.

I don't want k to be alone in 5 yrs when ds4 is 18, bt it may not happen.

today is the kids last day of school! i am excited for summer hang out time!
Yeah, it varies by province here too. And even the provinces that have annual inspections have differing things that need to be met to pass.

You're right about his name - how would they assume how to pronounce it unless they saw it written first. Good point!
Whatever. Let them say it wrong if they want, when K is old enough he'll tell them to shove it and that's not his name anyways!

There are times I really would love to go back and do this all over again - even if everything had to be the same! I just love having my babies, and I don't know how many more we'll have. Gotta soak up the squishies while I can, I guess. The other night DH asked me, would I want all these guys to be 1yr olds - the kicker being I'd have to have them all be 1yr, at the same time, so 4 1yr olds. I honestly think I would love it - though maybe only for a short time!
As as I feel saying it - I honestly think we could do twins and not go totally bonkers now, lol. Not to say I really want twins, but I think we could do it and not feel totally overwhelmed - or at least no more so than with one new baby.

I sure hope it all works out for you getting preggers - I'd love to see a baby girlie K!!

I'm excited for summer vacay, too. I can't wait to have DH home and all the kids around. We're really hoping to get some camping in this year - all depends on the weather, but at least with DH being off all summer it means we have the luxury of picking and choosing our camping trips whenever the weather is nice, kwim?

Quote:
oh, i will have to keep the good sex=pg thing in mind
DH did explain it all to me, the reasons why, and they do make sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
I'm not afraid of her getting dirty really, I am afraid of her tearing up her legs/hands. I can put jeans on her, but I can't protect her hands. But I am weird like that. DH and I have been talking about finishing our deck. It has the decking, but no rails at all. So if we put rails up and a babygate over the stairs, she could play on the deck. Then if I want, I can get some of those foam pads that puzzle together so she's have somewhere nice to play. But that all costs $.

maybe you are preggo, at least he is open to it. Funny that he said that though, someone has some confidence

AFM: We are going to a little amusement park on Sat with some friends. It will be fun, and good for them. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but this friend was 17 weeks preggo and lost her little boy almost 3 weeks ago. It was really hard for them and I am sure still is. So we bought the tickets and am treating them to this. I hope it puts some smiles on faces. I guess I will avoid the roller coaster. But otherwise, none of the rides there are too jerky or crazy, so I think I should be fine.

I have been sewing diapers lately. I have made 8 so far and have 4 about a 3rd done and then have quite a few more (6-10 I think) cut out and ready to sew. So I have been busy.
Oh, I so kwym about the whole deck $$ thing. Ours desperately needs to be redone but I don't know if it's going to happen this summer or not. Every time I think we may have the $$ there to spend on it, something else comes up.

I don't think we're pregnant this month, pretty sure we missed on timing, lol. But confidence - he has plenty, lol.

Is this the friends with the little girl Addi's age?! I feel so terrible for all those baby lost mamas.

Any pics to share of the diapers? What type are you making?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #49
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

shannon, lolz about the stranger kaylani (but they actually pronounce it KYE lani, so you intro'd another whole name )
well, idk, kids get scraped up all the time. I think if it hurt her, she wouldn't do it and just sit there, kwim? Kailani has scrapes all over the place and bruises. And he walks on rocks and asphalt like it's carpet. i don't know how we are gonna get shoes on him ever.

Elena, I would totally have 4 1 yr olds . And I wanted twins always. I m/c twins when I was 18. I always thought it would be best to have twins 1st bc after that a singelton would be easy! I would love twins next, except K is a handful! But if I had twins then I wouldn't worry about having another one with my age, etc.

Yeah it's nice your DH has off so you can pick your camping times...except I don't like to camp, lol, so it wouldn't work for me . Idk why I don't. I like the idea and LOVE being outside, but heck, I don't even like hotels to sleep in a lot of the time. I sleep best on vacay when we are in a house, on the beach

i wish I could garden, Shannon. We got some basil in a pot and also, some mint, but since mint is a weed, I don't think I can kill it . I wish I had a green thumb. I really want to, but I just suck at it. I can grow babies though
Old 06-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #50
solarbabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

diaper pics...someone asked for them

this is what I have been doing. I need to make more, but I also need to do normal stuff like laundry lol

Elena::::It's summer today