Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #51
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy 1st Birthday JuneBugs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Elena, I would totally have 4 1 yr olds . And I wanted twins always. I m/c twins when I was 18. I always thought it would be best to have twins 1st bc after that a singelton would be easy! I would love twins next, except K is a handful! But if I had twins then I wouldn't worry about having another one with my age, etc.
I'm sorry about your m/c, Jul. Even though it's in the past and all, still, I am sorry.
An old friend of mine on another forum site had twins for her first 2 babies - we were all in awe of her, twins and handling it, NICU stays and all that, and she nursed them until they were over 18mos (for that she's still got my awe!). But she always said it wasn't hard because they didn't know it any different, they'd never had only one baby to care for. Just funny, perspectives and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
diaper pics...someone asked for them

this is what I have been doing. I need to make more, but I also need to do normal stuff like laundry lol

Elena::::It's summer today
I had asked for them - thanks Shannon! Great job on them! Will you use a pin? Or can they be snappied? Heck, with a decent fitting cover I bet you wouldn't need to bother with either. I love the 3rd down on the right - over that print!

It is summer today! As of about 12:15pm for us it was officially summer!! Unfortunately it's been raining and chilly today. The weekend was wonderful though - sunny sunny sunny and hot! Just how I like it!

AFM: I do not know what's wrong with me today but like whoa. Seriously. I feel like crying all the time, over nothing at all (obviously, cuz something to make you cry doesn't happen all the time), and I can't handle any stressers well at all - like blowing up and yelling at the kids, so incredibly angry acting... yet feeling sad and like crying still. Oy.
Hope tomorrow is much much better!
I think part of it is PMS and the whole let down of just waiting for AF to show. It wouldn't be quite so bad if I only had to wait for a day to come, but I'm got about a 4 day window right now. Ah well.

Tomorrow is Isaac's kindergarten orientation! Can't believe he's 5 all ready... and going to K even if only for orientation for one day. Yikes!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #52
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Elena Maybe part of it is the weather? I wish for rain here, but if it was grey and wet a lot, I would probably be a little down too. Sunshine is happy!

The diapers are all made from polo shirts for the outers and flannel inside. They are all snappiable I love that print too, and love the lime green inner.

I hope you feel better tomorrow again. It's no fun feeling down and having a short fuse.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #53
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Shannon, I love the diapers too! would you add snaps to them instead of pinning or snappying? you did a great job.

Elena, thanks for the I always think they were my daughters and I wasn't meant to carry girls. I hope AF doesn't show for you?
as for the short fuse, I am like that a. lot. Much less since being with Hana, but I am still a crazy person a lot. Maybe your hormones are off? I am having weird stuff going on- like pregnant nauseous, low-milk and emotional when I ovulate. Bizarre.
The kiddos grow up so fast! I hate it.

AFK: he loves to walk up and down the stairs alone all the time. BUT they are wood and metal, so we always have to be there. You think he wants to go upstairs so you follow him. Nope, he walks right back down and back up. And we have an asphalt slope behind our house (parking lot to common area) and there is a railing. One day, he walked up and down holding on to the railing and slowly moving to the middle of the slope so that he couldn't reach the railing. He challenges himself and you can see him thinking it through. He is communicating way more, going to his seat when he wants to eat or going in the pantry and bringing us stuff....he is just a really efficient communicator even when he doesn't have the words. And he plays ball like nobodies business. He will throw, kick, try to catch, run to the goal with a lax ball, etc. We are enjoying him so

AFM: stupid hormone shifts, I feel sick a lot and a bit on-edge, like almost panicky. It doesn't help that idk if we can pay rent next month thanks to stepdad not working DH for over a week. Gah. I really want to win the lotto. I wish I could take the kids to the beach, even for a day or 2.....'nuff whining.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #54
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon - It's rainy and gross again today. I'm tired of the weather. But I am feeling a bit better than yesterday - not so on edge or weepy.

Jul - I do hope you get your girl.
I'm sure my moods are mostly to do with hormones. It makes me angry, too, when I get stupid things happening with pms that could be pregnancy symptoms but I'm sure they're not and that AF will show - all that just makes the moodiness worse. Vicious cycle some months.
K is doing so much! DH and I are constantly amazed at how well and how much Levi communicates with us, with using so few signs and words. It's so amazingly obvious that he understands tons more than he can actually articulate, and yet he can get his point across most often. So neat!
More $$ is a huge stress for me too, which doesn't help with the moodiness either. I hate money.

AFM: Isaac had his Kindergarten orientation this morning - he had fun and was eager to go back tomorrow! Had to explain that he won't be going every day until after summer, but he was okay with that.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #55
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Jul: I am really hoping you get preggo again and have a girly. Oh the protection she would have lol. She'd be such a tom boy! I could add snaps, but my snaps aren't always reliable as we both know Money issues suck! I grew up not knowing if we would eat that day. No running water, no electric, no car and living 12 miles from the closest grocery store. We were at rock bottom for a long time! DH and I were very fortunite to be able to save a bunch of money when he had a job, and while on unemployment so we are ok with him not working for now. But I admit that I can't wait to buy some clothes that look half way descent on both of us, do needed repairs and upgrades on the house, buy a truck that will fit us all once baby comes, be able to look at etsy and actually buy something I like. Stuff like that, we don't splurge on anything, or very little anyway. This vacation coming up is important to us, after that DH is putting in apps.

Elena: Hope Isaac is that excited about school once it starts. That's really cool
Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #56
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oy... what a couple days. Yesterday Zech woke up feeling sick - very obvious as he was completely pale, his lips were gray, he was very hot to touch (normal for him, when he gets a fever, he really gets a good one!). He drank some juice and tried to eat a piece of toast, but couldn't finish and asked to go lay down. After a few minutes he was fast asleep on the couch. He stayed home from school (duh!) and started feeling better after a couple hours' nap.
Levi was whiny and fussy in the morning, but seemed all right. He woke up from his nap really hot to touch, though, was breathing fast and shallow, his heart was racing, he was shaking, and he had/has a strange sounding cough and inhale. (whooping cough, maybe?) He was feeling horrid but all right with lots of cuddles.
A friend had called in the morning asking if I could pick up her DS (4yrs) at our day care at the end of the day and give him supper and watch him until she could get here in the evening - not a problem, really. Got him picked up, got Zech fed and ready to go to karate and left.
DH called me when I got to town (40mins after leaving). I could hear Levi screaming in the background. He said Levi wouldn't calm down at all, wouldn't eat even though he was signing "more", and could he give him some tylenol or something for the fever, etc. I said sure, told him the dose. 10 minutes later he called and said he tried the meds, Levi HATES taking any meds, spits and screams and fights like I've never seen any baby/kid before - Levi got so worked up, with me leaving, not feeling well, and DH trying the meds, that just minutes after taking them he vomited everywhere in the living room.
DH got him cleaned up and he actually fell asleep. Woke after I got home, so slept for a good couple hours. He was happier, feeling better, after sleeping. We got him to eat a bit, another bath, some cold meds, and to bed.
Late night for all of us. Blech.

This morning everyone got up feeling fine, except for Levi who's still hot and feeling crappy. The kids were really crazy at the table at breakfast though and ended up spending a ton of time there. We have a rule that if they're not done all morning jobs (brush teeth, get dressed, make bed, backpack packed in the kitchen for me to put lunch in) by 8:35, then they lose their bikes for the day. All still at the table at that point, so obviously they lost their bikes. Also, they're watching a movie this afternoon and were told they could bring extra treats for during that. I told them they had to earn that with good behaviour, which they hadn't, so they didn't get treats for school. (But I did pack a bigger lunch so they can save something from that for during the movie. It's not like they'll have nothing!)
Anyways, they leave. For some reason I check the garage. No bikes there. They took them - even after being told that they'd lost them today. Even after they themselves looked at the time and said it!
I drove to the school, picked up the bikes and brought them home. They'll walk home. And I think probably will lose them for the weekend now.
I hate being the bad guy.

On top of that, the school awards night is today - supper at 6:30 (still need to make cold slaw for that), awards start at 7:30. I wouldn't mind - even though Levi's sick, there are no high chairs, and we have to pay for supper that the kids won't eat - but DH's school grad is tonight too (which he just told me this week) so he's gone and won't be home until 10 or later.
Pleased?
Not so much.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #57
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I read but I'm on the iPad so its hard to quote.
Elena I wish I could do something like that. I always threaten and threaten and never follow through so it's no wonder my kids don't behave. I wonder what they thought when they came out and didn't see their bikes...

Ok I'll have reply more tomorrow. I am taking a muscle relaxer because I threw my back out and can't really remember much more.

Cooper is crawling well more like scooting. He pulls himself along with one leg in front and one leg tucked under. So cute. Too funny though he won't do it if he wants me but by golly will do it for a lays potato chip and crumbs on the floor.

I am in San Antonio getting ready to fly home tomorrow. I am ready but will miss the hot weather. I was never able to meet up with Amanda. Just didn't work out. Oh well. I hope to come back and then will meet up with her.

Had our family reunion. It was so good to see all my family. Some of them I haven't seen in 8-9 years!

A
Ok getting really sleepy so I'll be back tomorrow! Night all!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #58
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tamara - Zech saw me getting his bike, so it wasn't a surprise to him. I told him what I was doing and why. I didn't see Ruthie, but she didn't say anything when she walked home afterwards. They survived the weekend sans bikes, but then this morning they still took forever at the table and again lost their bikes for the day?! They didn't whine at all when I pointed out what time it was, just grabbed their back packs and shoes and headed off - even said goodbye and have a good day and blew me kisses. So they must not have been too pissed today? Weirdos.
I've learned over the years to be really really careful about what threats I make - "if you don't ___ then ___" because I see it really does work to be consistent and follow through. So, I have to be careful cuz there's just some things I don't wanna bother enforcing! DH needs to work on that a bit, lol, but he's better than he used to be.
for crawling!! WTG Coop!! Did you get the tests done they wanted for him? I hope nothing's wrong, but at the same time it would be good to know this early so that you could put things in place (resources, therapies, etc) to help him. The earlier the better, I would imagine. But crawling is an awesome sign, IMO!!!!

AFM: Busy weekend, lots of outdoor time. Zech did his karate testing yesterday and got his stripe on his white belt - not a full belt, but like a half step. We're so proud of him!

And, though I'm very very sure that saying this will bring it on - I expected AF to show last Thursday or Friday (cd25 or 26) or yesterday at the latest (cd28), I have been wearing a liner or pad when I've gone out for fear of it starting with nothing there... and so far there's nothing. Well, I shouldn't say nothing. Yesterday there was very light spotting after we - I wanted to get in one last time before AF
Anyways, I'm sure that it's nothing and that posting this will bring it on. Of course I'll KYP.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #59
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Tamara - Zech saw me getting his bike, so it wasn't a surprise to him. I told him what I was doing and why. I didn't see Ruthie, but she didn't say anything when she walked home afterwards. They survived the weekend sans bikes, but then this morning they still took forever at the table and again lost their bikes for the day?! They didn't whine at all when I pointed out what time it was, just grabbed their back packs and shoes and headed off - even said goodbye and have a good day and blew me kisses. So they must not have been too pissed today? Weirdos.
I've learned over the years to be really really careful about what threats I make - "if you don't ___ then ___" because I see it really does work to be consistent and follow through. So, I have to be careful cuz there's just some things I don't wanna bother enforcing! DH needs to work on that a bit, lol, but he's better than he used to be.
for crawling!! WTG Coop!! Did you get the tests done they wanted for him? I hope nothing's wrong, but at the same time it would be good to know this early so that you could put things in place (resources, therapies, etc) to help him. The earlier the better, I would imagine. But crawling is an awesome sign, IMO!!!!

AFM: Busy weekend, lots of outdoor time. Zech did his karate testing yesterday and got his stripe on his white belt - not a full belt, but like a half step. We're so proud of him!

And, though I'm very very sure that saying this will bring it on - I expected AF to show last Thursday or Friday (cd25 or 26) or yesterday at the latest (cd28), I have been wearing a liner or pad when I've gone out for fear of it starting with nothing there... and so far there's nothing. Well, I shouldn't say nothing. Yesterday there was very light spotting after we - I wanted to get in one last time before AF
Anyways, I'm sure that it's nothing and that posting this will bring it on. Of course I'll KYP.
Ohhh how exciting! that there is a little bean in there.

I wish I was better about not throwing threats...that is all I do these days.

Alright I do have to go but I will BBL
Old 06-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #60
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Tamara! I'm hoping I'm not getting my hopes up for nothing. I really hope this isn't breastfeeding screwing with AF. But I did have ovulation cramping a couple weeks ago, around the 10th and through that weekend. I remember distinctly feeling it start that Thursday and calculating that 14d from then would make a 25d cycle, and hoping that my body wasn't returning to that.
I may pick up a test tomorrow in town, gotta go for groceries. DH wants me to poas