Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Weight Gain!!!!!

All right so I'm whining and I know it. But other people don't understand and seem to think women should be thrilled about being pregnant and not complaing about ms etc. . .

So with the other 3 pregnancies I lost weight the first few weeks. . .I've already gained 10 pounds!!!! 4 of those THIS week. . .based on morning weight, I know it goes up throughout the day and then I sweat 4-5 pounds off during the night (yuck) what the heck. I'm not eating in abundance-ms wont allow that. I know most of what I'm eating are simple carbs-but that's about all I can handle with fruit thrown in a couple times a day.

Meat is a huge turn off-so are eggs. Anything sweet upsets my stomach-Anything fried including chips are a major turn off. Really, I'm eating a ton of cereal.

I guess I'm just frusterated because I know how quickly I gain weight once second trimester hits. I just got back to a size I was happy with this fall-I'm short, so I gain weight everywhere, especially my face!

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight Gain!!!!!

I know what you mean! I was looking at pics of my last pg and my face looked so fat! Ahhhh. I just get round all over. I long to be one of those cute pg ladies who look exactly the same, but with a belly. Oh well. I know my body does what it needs to do. I've gained 4 lbs already. . .sigh. I'm only 7 wks tomorrow.

But I do think a lot of the weight right now is bloat and it does come and go. And a lot of my "fat" look at the end of pg was also just swelling, which disappears immediately. When I am ttc I have all these romantic notions of pg. . .then I get there and remember that my face breaks out, I get bloated and irritable and sick. LOL

Don't worry mama, you'll be beautiful no matter what!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Oh i can relate im trying SO hard not to gain this time around. I was using our stationary bike but have ZERO energy to do so right now So far no gain prob bc everything makes me sick but once this passes it is going to be very hard trying to do better this time around.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

mama I hear ya! Between 4 w 2 d and 6 w 4 d, I was weighed at 2 different dr's offices and I had gained 14 lbs. I was like - Are you kidding me!?!? I haven't been eating any more "crap" food than usual, KWIM? Some of that can probably be attributed to different scales/sensitivies I guess. And I did lose weight w/ DD due to m/s till I was 7/8 months along, so I am hoping to not gain much weight with this pregnancy - I am overweight to begin with.

But a 14 lb gain is not such a good start for me!! I am hoping for a very small gain, if anything, at my next appt in a few weeks.

Don't worry mama I am sure you will lose it all again after the pregnancy, and I'm also sure your weight gain will slow down. Don't beat yourself up! Everyone is different when it comes to weight gain in pregnancy.

Last edited by sasra_nu; 06-02-2011 at 04:35 PM.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
mrspnut82
Registered Users
seller
seller

Weird, I think I lost a pound or two but my stomach is so bloated like it looks like I've gained 10lbs. I ate so good (or bad lol) the first couple weeks and this week not so much. We'll all even out eventually anyways lol.
mrspnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #6
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't doubt that I've gained some already by this point! Nothing except heavy, fatty foods sounds good to me right now(like tater tots w/ cheese and green chillis dipped in ranch), along with Vanilla ice cream/shakes. YIKES! LOL! My dr. always complains that it takes too long for me to gain the weight he would like to see. I DO gain plenty, it just takes a while. My babies are decent sized, so I don't get the big deal, but maybe this time I can hush him up before he starts.
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I gained 1 lb from last Thursday to today! I usually lose a lot of weight at the beginning, I hope I don't go back to my next appt having gained a lot more..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #8
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know! I go to high risk OB once a week and the last 3 times I've gained 2 lbs EACH week! I'm gonna be a whale by the time we're done!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
mrspnut82
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Destiny View Post
I wouldn't doubt that I've gained some already by this point! Nothing except heavy, fatty foods sounds good to me right now(like tater tots w/ cheese and green chillis dipped in ranch), along with Vanilla ice cream/shakes. YIKES! LOL! My dr. always complains that it takes too long for me to gain the weight he would like to see. I DO gain plenty, it just takes a while. My babies are decent sized, so I don't get the big deal, but maybe this time I can hush him up before he starts.
omg
mrspnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote