Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Thumbs up My appt went very well

I was called in about 10 minutes after signing in which wasn't bad, there were 5 girls in front of me..lol
The NP was the same lady from last week, Francesca.
I was asked to undress for the gbs and I told them I was declining the test and why, it wasn't pushed on me after I declined and I appreciated that. I didn't see the dr this appt neither although I thought I was going to.
I asked the np about the delivery, what happens if I go into labor? She told me to go to the hospital, I said I know but who calls the dr, how long does she have to arrive and what happens if she doesn't get there in time?
Francesca told me the Dr may not be the one to do my cs, she told me there are other Dr's who are on call at this hospital and If I go overnight then one of any of them will be doing my cs. TBH this eased my mind, because of the reviews about this Dr I am seeing.
The Dr will deliver me if I make it to my scheduled date, and only if she's on call and my water breaks.
I also found out there is a new law, they can not scheduled you before 39 weeks, this scares me, I have PTL and I barely made it to the 38 weeks with dd and ds2. I am pretty sure I won't make it to 39 weeks along, if I can, that is great, but with my history, I don't think it is going to happen.
I go back on 6/29 and have an appt with the dr so my appt is 11:10am on a Wednesday.
I will see how she reacts to my declining the GBS early testing. So far I like the office and the staff, the counselors are really great too. I met Isabel today and she was so helpful. She did scold me some for not eating enough.. I told her I am not really hungry and when I am I want fruit so that's what i have been eating.
I got my labs done today, 6 VIALS! They test for all kinds of stuff I guess..lol
The lab girl is stella and she was great, this place was comfy and she took me to the back which was like a livingroom, there was a big comfy leather couch I sat on while she drew my blood. She was fast and didn't hurt me, although my arms is hurting now. I had a great appt and so far having a great day! So far I am happy with this office, I do hope I click with the Dr, I want to stay here.

Advertisement

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: My appt went very well

SO glad it went well Sally. I know its been a big stresser for you thinking about an ob/office you dont click with. the OB is great too when you do meet and DEF your prog comes back normal!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so happy to read this and really hope it goes well when you meet the doctor! You need to eat more than just fruit!!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like it went well! So happy for you I wonder if the 39 weeks law is for elective c-sections? I would think if there is a medical necessity, they would need to get baby out, KWIM?

My labs at my first appt also required 6 vials of blood. I HATE getting blood drawn and I swear, with each vial I was thinking "please let this be the last one!!" lol.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Thanks mama's! I hope my progesterone comes back normal, the lady told me I can do just 1 pill at night instead of 2, i said, well the problem is, the rx cost over $200..and asked if they had samples, she said they have none.
I am told I can use the progesterone cream, I have been already, but I want to make sure if I need it I am getting enough. She told me I'd only be on it for 8 weeks and if she pushes through my need to the insurance it will take that long just to get it approved so it's not worth it. I am hoping my levels come back fine though and will continue to use this wild yam cream until 12 weeks.

I know, I need to eat more than fruit, I am just on a fruit kick, I bought 2 watermelons and 4 1lb cartons of strawberries yesterday too..

I wonder Sarah, if it is that it makes sense but it seems they require this for all c/s whether elective or needed. The np did tell me if I went into labor they would get me in at that time for an emergency cs, so that eases my mind some. I would really prefer to not have an emergency c/s, and let the dr take their time and do it right.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

If you are a member at Costco or Sam's you could maybe ask their price for the progesterone if your levels do come back low. That stinks that your insurance doesn't cover it!
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I checked costco online and it is still very high. If my levels come back low, I will find a way to buy the meds.