Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best swim dipe

I have the iplay swim diaper. Don't have any others to compare it to tho. Plain white color, but DS wears swimming shorts anyway. Snaps on one side (plastic, close togather), mesh inside with what seems to be an thin absorbant 'cloth' strip in the bottom I'm guessing like previous mama mentioned about the 'prepool' time. I had one 'dirty' diaper with it and it came out clean as new, no leaks, but DS is 18 mo and has 'firm' diaps. The fit is perfect for him, but he is 24# and slim with slim legs. His is a large size. HTH!

Advertisement

NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #12
gabmaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I also really like the iplay. Simple and cheap. DS hasn't pooped in it yet so can't say how leakproof it is. One side snaps open for easy removal. They run pretty small.
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:12 AM   #13
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I also have an i-play, 18 month size on my son since he was about 7 months old. He usually wears the next size up, but this definitely ran a touch small. Mine isn't mesh, it's solid material to catch poop. Nothing for urine which is fine, I just change him when I get to the pool and then to a diaper before leaving. He hasn't had any poop accidents so I can't speak for how well it works in that area, but I picked it because it looked like it would work!

Worth noting is that I also have a carters suit I bought for a few bucks from a cosignment sale, gently used, but the material is much rougher so I go for the i-play every time and use the carters as a backup if needed.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #14
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a wee wave bright green sz xl 25-30lbs. This thing has fit both boys sinse they were around 6 months!! It holds in poo very well too. The elastic is gentile and it has a super soft terry inner. Well worth the money.It's looks simular to this one:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/2807065...=sbar&_lwgsi=y
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #15
Stefibeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A question about swim dipes - I know that they're just there essentially to catch solids (which is the same thing a disposable product like Little Swimmers would do, right? IDK because I have no experience with Little Swimmers ) but I saw a pp mention that one of the styles did have some sort of absorbant feature as well to catch "pre-pool accidents" or whatever. I feel like that's something that I'd want for DS because what if he's not in the water the whole time he's wearing his swim diaper? Then whatever he's on (including me if I'm holding him!) will get pee on it otherwise, right? Do only some brands have this feature? If so, are they any others besides the Charlie Banana and iPlay that were mentioned?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #16
BBBmOm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love my Kushies swim dipe! It has the little absorbent terry strip and double gussets. It's velcro with a drawsting...So cute!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #17
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Any sized pocket diaper one size smaller than the baby current wears- unstuffed!
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #18
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

Ive never tried the other ones just because we dont swim that often so haven't been able to justify more, but I have 2 Bummis and they work awesome. The prints are OK cute but man, they're bulletproof (well, I think, he's never really tried them out #2 wise). But if I was in the market for more I would totally try at least one of the other ones just because the grass is always greener on the other side.

Please rear face your child to the max- their lives could depend on it.
mamahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #19
bcarroll9494
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I have a wee wave bright green sz xl 25-30lbs. This thing has fit both boys sinse they were around 6 months!! It holds in poo very well too. The elastic is gentile and it has a super soft terry inner. Well worth the money.It's looks simular to this one:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/2807065...=sbar&_lwgsi=y
I have 2 very similar to these - undie-type, pull down. They do hold poop great - but it is such a pain to take off with no side snaps (when it is full of poop!)

Unique hand-dyed diapers and more.
bcarroll9494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #20
MrsA08
Registered Users
seller

I have an Imse Vimse w/ matching Tankini for my daughter and I love it! I haven't had to truely "test" it yet w/ a BM, but it it fits tightly but not too tight and the snaps on the side are great. It does look like it could run small, but my daughter is small around the waist and legs so it works for her. I have size small and she is around 16#.
MrsA08 is offline   Reply With Quote