Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
VeryNervous
Registered Users

First timer.

Hi a friend of mine told me about this site and said that I may be able to get some pretty great advice. Like the topic reads I am a first time momma. My pregnancy was not really planned, but I am very excited and carzy happy to be a momma. I am 6w and 6 d and really scared about m/c. I may not have planned for this, but I do not want it to not happen. My Midwife has assured me that I should be ok because I am not too young (23 years old) and I am healthy. I had my first u/s at 5 weeks and everything looked well according to the Midwife, butthat doesn't take away the fear. I am cramping pretty regularly, very bad might I add, I was recently sent to the hospital for dehydration, and on top of that I can't keep anything down. Is all of this normal?

Advertisement

VeryNervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: First timer.

It all sounds very normal to me. . .as is the worry. In fact, all of us around here, even the one's doing it for the 3rd, 4th, or 5th time are nervous in the first trimester. But it sounds like your main concern should just be keeping fluids and food down! I cramped quite a lot with my first (the uterus is not used to all this!) and if you are dehydrated that will make the cramps worse. Have you talked to your Dr about Zofran (prescription med for nausea)?

Hang in there! I'm 6w and 6d too
Old 06-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is #4 for me and everything you mentioned sounds normal. Cramping has never been a big issue for me but I know lots of other women who did. I second talking to your dr about zofran. It's a miracle drug and completely safe during pregnancy.
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Welcome mama, and congrats on your pregnancy.

Everything you are saying is NORMAL!!! I am on #2 and I think I'm actually more worried about m/c than I was with #1.

If you can't keep anything down to the point of dehydration, I agree to ask your dr about Zofran. It really helps!!
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
VeryNervous
Registered Users

I just called my Doctor and she said that she would call in a prescription for me. Apperantly they gave me some while I was in the hospital for Dehydration. I just didn't even notice it lol. Thank you all for calming me down a bit it really helps to know that I am not losing it and that everything that I am going through is normal.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
firefaery6683
Registered Users
seller

I'm a first timer too and nervous too! Everything I feel makes me think "is this normal?should i be concerned?" Meanwhile I'm trying to be positive cause that's the best thing to do I hear! So you're not alone!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
Don't worry! You'll be fine. This is a good place to come if you have questions. I was cramping a bit and worried about that. Then I worried when it stopped, lol. Its hard not to worry even if you've been pg before! This is going to be my third and I worry all the time. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #8
VeryNervous
Registered Users

So my Midwife did get me some Zofran and I took it this morning and I feel amazing!!! I just had a Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwich and it was great...No more nausea!! Its surprising to see how much better I feel after keeping down just one thing lol. I'm glad that I'm not the only one here who is a first timer...Thank you all for your advice. I truely appreciate it.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #9
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Welcome and congrats, make sure you drink lots of water, the zofran will constipate you. Any questions you have, feel free to post them here.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #10
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinandashlynsmommy
This is #4 for me and everything you mentioned sounds normal. Cramping has never been a big issue for me but I know lots of other women who did. I second talking to your dr about zofran. It's a miracle drug and completely safe during pregnancy.
dDc crashing. Nothing is completly safe during prenancy. There are lots of side effects with zofran. I have used it for 4 pregnancies now and there is a small risk of heart issues in fetuses. I still took it, because my risk of having complications from severe morning sickness was worse than the medication itself. Also zofran only seems to work for most women in 1-2 pregnancies. It did squat for me with my 3rd and 4th HG pregnancies.

OP. I am glad it is working for you. There is nothing worse than being sick when pregnant.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote