Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
crying over stinky diapers...

I DID IT!! I GOT THEM CLEAN!!! Oh my goodness I am so excited it's not even funny! No more crying over stinky diapers for me! I read the user manual for my washer and it said something along the lines of, "when you use hot water, the water will just run until it is hot and then finish filling" soo basically it starting filling with cold water until the water warmed up, so my diapers were being washed in luke warm water. (I have a GE profile harmony, it's apparently so much smarter than I am) I knew we didn't need to turn up our water heater (our kitchen water gets hot enough to actually burn you) so, I turned on the bathroom faucet and the kitchen faucet on hot which are both right by the laundry room before starting the diapers. The water got hot right away! I also added 3 squirts (or more...) of bac out in the prewash (a warm prewash, not cold ), put some oxi clean in the hot wash and liquid tide up to the 2nd line. Only 1 came out a little funky smelling but I threw that in the kitchen sink to soak in some super hot water and some tide and it smells as good as new now. Oh I am so excited! If I weren't pregnant I'd be doing cartwheels right now! Thanks so much for all of your help and support through this awful and stinky time mamas

no joke...I seriously did. It's only because I am pregnant though! (at least that is what I am telling myself ) I don't need anymore advice, just sympathy! You mamas have given me all the advice there is to give, I have tried everything and I can't figure it out. Yes, I am obviously doing something wrong, and maybe one day I will figure it out. Until then, I will just deal with stinky diapers...or maybe get DD pl'd!

Advertisement

Last edited by amomma; 06-08-2011 at 02:40 PM.
amomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
madiganandpupsmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: crying over stinky diapers...

hey mama, I feel ya! hugs. I have tried every detergent out there, stripping, sunning, bleach, dawn, a zillion rinses and we are always 'on the brink of stink'. we did great until tide ultra came out and now i'm at a loss. i hope you can figure something out!!
madiganandpupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aww, sorry mama. I hope that you can figure it out soon!

We're going to have little ones that are almost exactly the same ages - great minds must think alike. I actually went in to be induced with DS on the 17th, but he managed to hang on until the 18th.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aww, sorry mama. I hope that you can figure it out soon!

We're going to have little ones that are almost exactly the same ages - great minds must think alike. I actually went in to be induced with DS on the 17th, but he managed to hang on until the 18th.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You could always try the new Redemption Soap detergent that just came on the market.
I find that natural fiber diapers have a tendency to stink less and when I started rinsing every diaper we had less issues as well. If I was really motivated I would even hang them on the line after rinsing to dry. It worked.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
Levi_Elizabeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to say I am sorry! I was at a breaking point with CDs due to stinkies and nearly quit! I hope you find something that works and if it's any consolation I feel like the battle is always harder in the summer when it is hot. So sorry!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
tylelia
Registered Users
seller

Oh, I'm sorry! I know pregnancy drama. Everything seems so much harder, and stinkies are hard enough. I only have mild experience (so far, knock on wood) and can only imagine how hard it will be to deal with! Hang in there!
tylelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madiganandpupsmom
hey mama, I feel ya! hugs. I have tried every detergent out there, stripping, sunning, bleach, dawn, a zillion rinses and we are always 'on the brink of stink'. we did great until tide ultra came out and now i'm at a loss. i hope you can figure something out!!
Have you tried to find Tide at your local discount grocery store? That's where I finally found some yesterday and today!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma
no joke...I seriously did. It's only because I am pregnant though! (at least that is what I am telling myself ) I don't need anymore advice, just sympathy! You mamas have given me all the advice there is to give, I have tried everything and I can't figure it out. Yes, I am obviously doing something wrong, and maybe one day I will figure it out. Until then, I will just deal with stinky diapers...or maybe get DD pl'd!
Oh honey I did cry over stink the other day and I am not even pg! Take a deep breath and do a little more experimenting. Maybe cut down in use stash until you figure it out, so there's less to wash? I hope you have a better day! {hugs}
Old 06-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! I just had to vent. I knew there had to be someone out there that understood! DH's attitude is, "It's a diaper, who cares if it stinks? At least it still works!" That is fine for him, he doesn't have the pregnant nose that I have and he doesn't spend all day with her smelling her stinky tush as she plays! I've bleached again and I am going to try a new wash routine. I know I will eventually find what works for us!