Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #21
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: Our journey home...

Dh went back after a good day on the golf course. lol I asked him to open up the doorway between the kitchen and dining room. It's framed in now, and about 12 in wider now. (prob loose 2 " after trim) should let more light through the house and better flow. lots more plaster is out too. It looks really different right now! Not sure what else he will get done before Sunday but it'd be nice if he could get the girls closet framed out too. But I won't complain about any extra work being done!! (few pics added)

Advertisement

Old 07-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #22
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

again, just so cool that your hubby is handy enough to do all those projects. It's getting there!
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #23
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I didn't know the extent of his handiness until after we got into it! He's loving doing all of it. I wish I could be right there with him instead of standing on the sidelines. looking forward to seeing a lot more changes coming up.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Ok have a design question---
We are starting from scratch in the kitchen. I am pretty sure about the layout. I will have only one window (small) above the sink, and 2 entries for lighting. The flooring will be wood, that will extend from the dining room. We are trying to stay true to the original color which is a walnut-ish color. Our appliances are black. This is the basic layout

The dining room is going to be a light aqua-y blue, with all white accents.

I am really leaning towards a distressed black finish on the cabinets. (they will be unfinished kind)

I love the idea of either white subway tiles or the white beadboard as a backsplash, a neutral countertop and white trim. Not sure if we will eventually replace the door panels with glass inserts. I like the idea though. We will have all white dishes. I love the thought of some shade of red accents too. idk. We're not sure on the lighting yet, other than undercabinet pucks (led).
I def don't want reg wood colors on the cabinets- too much for me with the wood floors. Dh doesn't want white cabinets either. My second choice is a distressed red cabinet, but I know that would be really bold. Maybe a fernish color green?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #25
2&2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love the distressed black. A lot of my furniture is the same. My only warning is that black really shows dust and fingerprints! Keep up the good work and make sure you give that DH lots of kisses.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #26
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I'm trying to figure out how to apply the 60/30/10 rule of color as well. Not sure how that'll work, lol

He got the bathroom de- plastered downstairs, the bathroom somewhat framed in. They have to take some space from the master closet to make it big enough. boo. There was some miscomunication between us last night, so the girls closet will have to be redone. Not a big deal, just need to buy a new header and make the doorway a little bit wider. There's going to be a vertical cubby space on the far right. He managed to add a few inches to the depth as well. Still only going to be about 18-19 in in depth, thus the very wide opening. Thinking something like this
Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #27
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Dh and his bro worked late last night, but they finished all the framing and cleaned up the upstairs. Today they are planning on rewiring the entire house. He said that they might even get some drywall to do the upstairs!

Got a few pics uploaded, but nothing exciting to see yet, unless you like framing! lol
Old 08-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #28
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Bump for boring dirty pics! lol

wiring should be done this wknd. I think drywall will be going up soon. at least in parts of the house. dh is going to finish up the A/C and furnace. I think he's going to adjust the opening of the master closet door and the living room wall too. both need to be a bit smaller. The front door will be replaced too!!! It will need some paint but that's not a priority right now. They might be closing in the old entry door in front of the steps. Gosh, I'm sure there's more but that's a LOT!!! His brother is working so hard right now to help us get this done!!!! Thank Goodness, b/c I don't wanna live with my MIL for 2 months!!! lol Luckily we have some friends that are going to help too. One of dh's coworkers is going to help out tomorrow. One of dh's old childhood neighbor friend is a painter, and offered to help with that part! I need to do some serious baking for these guys!!!! (maybe beer would be easier though.... )
Old 08-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #29
bfeigner
Registered Users
seller

so fun! i just went through some of the pics in your album...we just relocated out into the country a year ago, and purchased a project home. between the two of use we are pretty capable of the work, and it's been so fun to see things change as we go i love the potential in this new home of yours, and i can't wait to see as more things are changed thanks for sharing!

oh, and i'm sure at this point pizza and beer would be just as good to the guys as something home cooked you should just sit back and relax
bfeigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #30
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

bump ! I'll prob have more by tomorrow or Monday. There's going to be lots of stuff we are going to have to hold off on doing budget wise... like no trim around the windows, lots of the baseboards, and windows in the sunroom. There's still so much to get and do but it's coming along nicely I think.

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 08-06-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote