Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
Evolution Diapers
Registered Users
Formerly: goddess3_2005
seller

Re: What Are Your Birth Plans?

I am hoping for a natural birth at a hospital. I'm already high risk,so thats the best I can hope for at this point. I wish I could do a home birth.

Advertisement

OS AI2 Hybrid and Pocket Diaperswww.evolutiondiapers.comThe revolution continues! Check out the E2 the Worlds First Cloth Diaper with fully adjustable gussets!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYpXC3UvJU8
Evolution Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #22
raggamuffin82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first was a homebirth with a hospital transfer after birth for complications with both me and the baby (I tore across an artery and lost a lot of blood, and he had shoulder dystocia and did not breathe for a while after he was born). I really would like another homebirth, but I need to discuss it with my midwives and see what the likelihood of these things recurring are. I'm a little nervous thinking about it right now, which is definitely not how I want to go into the birth.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #23
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggamuffin82 View Post
My first was a homebirth with a hospital transfer after birth for complications with both me and the baby (I tore across an artery and lost a lot of blood, and he had shoulder dystocia and did not breathe for a while after he was born). I really would like another homebirth, but I need to discuss it with my midwives and see what the likelihood of these things recurring are. I'm a little nervous thinking about it right now, which is definitely not how I want to go into the birth.

Oh man that sounds so scary.

on a side note - I wished we lived closer, our kids are SO close in age, plus now we're just due one day apart.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #24
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggamuffin82 View Post
I'd be terrified too. My cousin's wife had a really bad third degree tear (not across an artery though) with her first. Her second was almost an unassisted home birth (midwife showed up in time to catch him. He came over 2 weeks early and was smaller than her first so her tearing was manageable. So maybe there's hope.

How big was your son?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #25
raggamuffin82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'd be terrified too. My cousin's wife had a really bad third degree tear (not across an artery though) with her first. Her second was almost an unassisted home birth (midwife showed up in time to catch him. He came over 2 weeks early and was smaller than her first so her tearing was manageable. So maybe there's hope.

How big was your son?
He was 9lbs 3oz. Big, but not huge. My midwives said it was just a fluke that I tore right across an artery (actually several).
Old 06-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #26
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow!! I wish I had all these options!! Both times I delivered waaay too early. First was 8 weeks complete with seizures, surgery and blood transfusions due to eclampsia and toxemia. Thankfully after a 2 week Icu stay I got to got home. With DS I was induced at 35 weeks due to severe pre eclampsia. I had to be on magnesium and that stunk. DS spent a week in the NICU due to his lungs being underdeveloped. Thankfully I had amazing Drs and wonderful care for the both of us! This time around I am hoping for a full 40 weeks!! (please God!!!) :fx: but I don't think I will feel comfortable anywhere else but a hospital with a NICU jic! I'd my body does well this time I would like to try it without an epidural and no interventions but I gotta be able to handle contractions without a BP spike this time!!!

We are military so I don't think the insurance covers any Ouse facility but we do have access to Doulas and each suite has a jacuzzi tub and shower. Here's to hoping!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #27
heavenlyblessedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you ever heard of the Brewer's Diet? You might want to look into that as a possible way to avoid Pre-E =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoly82 View Post
Wow!! I wish I had all these options!! Both times I delivered waaay too early. First was 8 weeks complete with seizures, surgery and blood transfusions due to eclampsia and toxemia. Thankfully after a 2 week Icu stay I got to got home. With DS I was induced at 35 weeks due to severe pre eclampsia. I had to be on magnesium and that stunk. DS spent a week in the NICU due to his lungs being underdeveloped. Thankfully I had amazing Drs and wonderful care for the both of us! This time around I am hoping for a full 40 weeks!! (please God!!!) :fx: but I don't think I will feel comfortable anywhere else but a hospital with a NICU jic! I'd my body does well this time I would like to try it without an epidural and no interventions but I gotta be able to handle contractions without a BP spike this time!!!

We are military so I don't think the insurance covers any Ouse facility but we do have access to Doulas and each suite has a jacuzzi tub and shower. Here's to hoping!!!!!!
Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #28
EmmaLaurel
Registered Users
seller

we'll be going back to our wonderful free-standing birth-center. we're so lucky - it's the only one in our state, and just 30 minutes away. we has a great experience there with DD. I strongly considered a home birth, but the medical facilities in my town are sub-par, and if anything went wrong, I would NOT want to be there. The birth center is two minutes from UNC-Chapel Hill, one of the best hospitals in the state, and the midwives have practice rights there... Though we're certainly hoping for a complication- and intervention-free birth like we had with DD!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #29
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlyblessedmom
Have you ever heard of the Brewer's Diet? You might want to look into that as a possible way to avoid Pre-E =)
No! I will have to look into this!!!!! Thank you!!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #30
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hospital with pain meds!!!

I had my last baby all natural, and I don't think I want to do that again! I don't do well with pain, and I felt like I didn't enjoy my labor at all because I was so consumed by the pain! The staff was supportive of going natural, but at the end, I just got so mean, I think I burnt them out.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my OB. Although he's the Chief of OB/GYN, he's very supportive and very natural in pregnancy! However, I get who ever's on call when I go into labor!

My friend is a L&D nurse who will attend my birth to make sure no nurses try to "scare" me into something I don't want!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote