Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What Are Your Birth Plans?

Birth Center water birth. Same place and MW as with the last 2.

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #12
pearryandbellasmama
Registered Users
Formerly: pearrysmama
seller

We're planning a second homebirth. Looking forward to it!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #13
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Planning on my 3rd C-section. I have been with the same OB for all pregnancies. I trust him and am ok with the sections. I wish I could try a VBAC, but its just not in the cards for me. Unfortunately my body does not cooperate, so this is the only option for me. It will be a pleasant experience anyway, just the recovery is a killer!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #14
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've had induction go bad c-section, 2 induced vbacs, and 1 homebirth so far. We're doing homebirth again w/ mw (if she makes- my last labor was 45 mins and the mw got there after- the assistant who lived 1 mile down the road made it about 5 mins before I pushed). Will never do hosital unless we're dying but that's our decision and believe to each mom their own . Our hospital system here stinks just like it did in small town west TX
Dh concern is him possibly having to catch baby this time. We moved the nearest mw is 30 mins away. While I might not be so lucky again with fast labor, I might lol. My mom's labors got progressively shorter. dh might have to catch (ekk)
Old 06-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #15
Rodeo Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're planning a homebirth with the same midwife we used for DS2, who I also work for now.
Amanda, wife to Andrew, mama to Dale , Olivia , Wyatt and Nora . Baby #5 due in late April.
Rodeo Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Probably another HB with a midwife (this will be my second, dh's first since he was deployed last time). I am not looking forward to that pain. honestly I would love to try an epidural but I'm too terrified that it would end with a csection since I'm so slow to progress even when I'm up moving so homebirth it is. Plus I love being in my own bed cuddling the new baby and eating a home cooked meal when its all over with.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #17
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will be having C-section #4, unfortunately. My body just doesn't dialate. I spent 18 hours laboring with my first and never dilated at all. I live in a very rural area so once I had my first C-section, I was stuck with them forever since the hospital won't do a vbac unless I drive to a larger city at least an hour away. I can't complain too much. I'm envious of all of the wonderful homebirth stories and such, but I have had smooth deliveries and recoveries with all of mine considering.
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #18
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinandashlynsmommy View Post
I will be having C-section #4, unfortunately. My body just doesn't dialate. I spent 18 hours laboring with my first and never dilated at all. I live in a very rural area so once I had my first C-section, I was stuck with them forever since the hospital won't do a vbac unless I drive to a larger city at least an hour away. I can't complain too much. I'm envious of all of the wonderful homebirth stories and such, but I have had smooth deliveries and recoveries with all of mine considering.
This is my problem exactly! Almost same story with DD1 only I labored for 12 hours and baby got stressed along the way and they said no more. With DD2 I could try if I signed a "waiver" that I wouldnt sue...if something went wrong...well that wasnt going to happen so sections are what I get It will be ok. Its nice to plan when baby is to arrive sometimes.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:33 AM   #19
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmamao2 View Post
This is my problem exactly! Almost same story with DD1 only I labored for 12 hours and baby got stressed along the way and they said no more. With DD2 I could try if I signed a "waiver" that I wouldnt sue...if something went wrong...well that wasnt going to happen so sections are what I get It will be ok. Its nice to plan when baby is to arrive sometimes.
The funny thing is, none of my babies have come on their scheduled date anyway, lol. DD was scheduled for May 7th and my ob called me on the 3rd and said that they were doing me section the next morning so she was born on the 4th. Ds2 was scheduled for Jan 24, I went in for my regular weekly check-up on the 11th and told him that I had been feeling a lot less movement. He did a quick u/s and my amniotic fluid was extremely low, so they took me in for my C section 2 hours later. This was is tentatively set for Jan 9th (I'll be 39 weeks 5 days) but I'm not counting on it, lol.
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #20
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am planning my first homebirth. I'm really excited, I have an awesome midwife, and lots of support so I think it'll be an amazing experience.
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote