Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What Are Your Birth Plans?

I'm with a new OB that I haven't actually met yet, so I'm not exactly sure how things will go. I did my first two with midwives at the hospital, and the first was a horror story (not because of the midwife, but because DS was acynclitic and I had a HORRIBLE reaction to the epidural that I gave into 14 hours into labor after they broke my water... long story, HORROR I tell you) The second was a DREAM delivery. I was dilated to a 6 when I got there, they broke my water (long story again... I dilate early) and had DS2 3 hours later, no pain meds, beautiful, empowering, amazing delivery. Unfortunately, the midwives I loved have left that practice and left it with just a bunch of much less experienced MW who I don't feel comfortable with. So I thought I'd try out my sister's OB who she had a VBAC with. Different hospital though. I'm not very happy about that, but we'll see how things go. Like I said, I LOVED my last hospital birth. I wasn't hooked up to anything, and they left us alone except when I felt like I needed to push, though the midwife was there the whole time if I'd wanted her. Seriously fantastic. I really want that again.

Wife, friend, lover to Danno , (5/03) mommy and referee to Anson (12/05) Lucas (4/07) and introducing Jonah 1/12

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

After 2 pretty uneventful hospital births (although pretty typical) I am planning a homebirth this time around. Dh and I aren't telling anyone though. I just don't want to deal with all of the questions and stupid comments. I will also be seeing an OB till about 20 wks. That way I can get all u/s and what not taken care of for free since we will have Tricare until then.
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #23
Registered Users

I'm planning on a hospital birth with a MW. Our hospital was fabulous for me last time. I told them I wanted a natural child and they assigned me a nurse who was specially trained to support natural birthing mothers. They also had special rooms with wood floors and decorations to feel "homey", birthing tubs with jets, a cozy double bed, and birthing balls. I also requested no fetal monitors and refused the I.V., both of which they were fine with. Thumbs up for progressive hospitals.
Mom to little Juniper Eve 3/4/10 and Falcon West 11/19/11
audreyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

Home birth! With my first I had an emergency c-section at 36 weeks (water broke and fully dialated, but she was partial footling breech). Then with my DS I was planning a hospital VBAC....but I sort of accidentally gave birth on my living room floor. So this time around I am actually PLANNING my home birth! Much easier, lol.
Sabrina Nate
Gabriella (1/23/07) and Robbie (2/9/10) and William (1/23/12)
I BLOG about life with 2 (maybe 3!) kids on the autism spectrum- The joys, the frustrations, the truth, the flapping!
mamasab is offline   Reply With Quote