Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: February Fatales Weekly Chat | 6/5-6/11

hi everyone! i realized i should check in here since i'm sort of due both in feb and jan. not a lot going on here! awful ms has set in, although i felt pretty good today. yesterday was so awful i couldn't function- i almost wonder if maybe i had a stomach bug? i work in daycare, so it's definitely possible.

the only vacay we have planned this summer is a short camping trip over the 4th of july weekend. im not looking forward to it as i'll probably have awful ms set in at that point, and sleeping in a tent/ chasing after a busy 2 year old on a campground does NOT sound like fun to me. dh is dead set on going though @@. he most likely won't have work for six weeks this summer (no idea how that is going to work- we can't live off of just my income, so it will eat all our tiny savings most likely)- so i don't want to blow money on a vacay at this point .

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #12
jeddings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies just checking in to let you know that we're heading out in the morning for Maryland. Catch up with you all in about a week. Have a good week!
jeddings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #13
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BldrArch
That's awesome!! How did the fact Fox is a July baby completely escape me?! Julia was July 6...but she'll be 2....
I didn't notice either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCarina
I have a July baby too, Amara will be 5 July 4th. We are doing a trip to disneyland next week and a trip to Vancouver Canada in August.
Disney in irvine? I'm like 30 minutes away. You will have a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS
I don't have any true "vacation" plans for this summer since we're moving in August (and don't have a CLUE which coast we'll be moving to!!!), but my BFF is coming out to see us in 2 weeks and we'll be going to Sea World while she's here for a day (its 3 hours from here). Other than that, we've got no travel plans for the summer.

But, I'm gonna be busy busy busy anyway with planning for the move, my photography business, and Smidget's 2nd birthday (this Thurs!?!) and his birthday party (on the 18th), and my anniversary (on the 18th) and Father's Day (on the 19th), and then the 4th weekend (when we may be having one of hubby's BFFs visit) and then we'll be in high-gear for the move! Its happening SO fast and I'm nowhere near ready!
Sea world in San Diego? I haven't been in years.

Lucinda - oh Hawaii. I Hawaii. My honeymoon was on Kauai. We are a big surf family, so yeah, Hawaii.....

Welcome newbie!

Kelly Ann- have fun!
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:53 AM   #14
foreternity
Registered Users
seller

Morning all!

Well, I'm bloated. It finally happened. My dress pants are ridiculously uncomfortable at the moment and I can't suck it in! Otherwise, I'm not really having any preggo symptoms. A few twinges here and there but that's it.

In other news, we are closing on our first house on June 24 and I absolutely can't wait! Our current house (rental) is in a massive state of disarray due to packing; oh if only I could snap my fingers and be done. Wishful thinking

Have a great day, all!
foreternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #15
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nickel--yeah, we got married on the big island, so we hawaii too! It's one of the many things I love about living in NorCal, Hawaii is just a five hour direct flight away! We haven't been back since we got married, so this will be fun and I am thinking we'll like Maui even more than the bid island.

foreternity--good luck with the house move--that's always stressful. We'll be moving the end of Oct/beg of Nov. . .I should be nice and pg by then. Yikes.

Kelly Ann--have a good time!

Anywho. . .I'm off to my first appt this morning! Weird doing it this way. . .last time I only used a homebirth MW and didn't have a first appt till 9wks along. But since we're using our ins. covered hospital services for the first art of this pg, I am going with their protocol, which means an early appt and u/s. Not complaining though. . .I get to see my blueberry this morning! Wish me luck. . .I'll check back in after!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #16
TenaciousMama
Registered Users

Kismetbaby, can't wait for an update, how nice to have an early u/s!
TenaciousMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #17
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Anywho. . .I'm off to my first appt this morning! Weird doing it this way. . .last time I only used a homebirth MW and didn't have a first appt till 9wks along. But since we're using our ins. covered hospital services for the first art of this pg, I am going with their protocol, which means an early appt and u/s. Not complaining though. . .I get to see my blueberry this morning! Wish me luck. . .I'll check back in after!
GL sweetie!!!!!! I hope you can get pics to post! We were in Oahu back in Feb and stayed on the Big Island a few years ago. I never had any desire to go to HI before but since I've been twice, I absolutely love it! I must say I like the slower style of the Big Island, though, over Oahu. But we did stay a couple nights on the north shore at Oahu and I really liked that.

AFM - I am really crampy this morning and it has me very nervous. Thankfully no spotting but I'm having these sharp, shooting pains as I sit here. I've been crampy on and off, but it's been cramps I remember having with DD.

On a positive note, I literally just looked at my PG journal with DD as I'm typing this and it does say "cramping continued this week. It's sometimes sharp, shooting pain like something pinching; sometimes menstrual type cramps." So...I am trying to stay positive.

And, as an aside, the PG journal says today (It's the "Pregnancy Journal: A Day to Day Guide to a Healthy and Happy Pregnancy"): "The aorta of your baby's heart is forming." It's so amazing what happens when they're just the size of specks.

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #18
MamaCarina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nickel- Yep. Disneyland is going to be so fun, my kids are 3 and almost 5. The only thing I am worried about is being so tired and sick that I can't enjoy it.
MamaCarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #19
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCarina View Post
Nickel- Yep. Disneyland is going to be so fun, my kids are 3 and almost 5. The only thing I am worried about is being so tired and sick that I can't enjoy it.
Cool! You'll have a blast. My tip would to be to bring your own food. It gets super pricey and not so healthy. Especailly with morning sickness, you will want your own food. Also, there are a lot of rides where you can get wet, so bring a towel or extra clothes for the little ones. I love disneyland.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #20
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yay for all of the fun plans. We have only a few little weekend and day trips planned. Dh's work is crazy right now and they aren't allowed to take any vacation through at least September and maybe beyond, boo!

lucinda - I am excited for you, KUP!

I have my MW appt on wednesday morning and I scheduled it at 8 am, hoping not to drag all 3 kiddos with me and now it looks like Dh will have an early meeting, so I will get to take 3 tired kids with me

Not too much else going right now. My 3 and 5 year old had zoo class this morning and I had just L at the zoo for 3 hours, it was nice to get some 1 on 1 time with her and the big kids had a ball, but I am wiped out now from all the walking.