Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #71
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

Re: February Fatales Weekly Chat | 6/5-6/11

Jenny, I'm so sorry for your loss!

to all you dealing with MS too. So far so good here. Had a few moments of queasiness but nothing horrible. Seems to be more if I'm too hungry or have eaten too much than anything else so far. it stays that way!

No real plans for this weekend, just staying home with the sick boy, trying to find things he can eat. My Mom has offered to come down and help out tomorrow night, depending on how tonight goes I might just take her up on it! Although, he's been screaming so loud at night that he even wakes DH up and he's been sleeping on the couch in the basement (that's two floors down) so I'm not sure it would really help me get more sleep anyway.

Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #72
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8nut View Post
The worst part here isn't the heat but the humidity. You walk outside and it takes your breath away it's so humid
We have humid days too. Like today is AWFUL! Ugh!

But here its not the humidity that takes your breath away...its the fact that it feels like a blow dryer in your face as soon as you open the door. Like full on dry-air blowdryer in the face. And since everything gets baked in the sun year round, the ground and buldings and everything are all just EMANATING heat at you. I miss being able to lay in the shade on damp ground covered in cool grass with a breeze blowing ----you might say the humidity sucks too, but here when its hot your skin is also cracking (like some people have in winter in other climates). My hands are all cracked and awful now, especially after being in and out of the pool all day yesterday

Basically, I'm saying "I'LL TRADE YA!!!" Hehehehe. Some people LOVE the desert, but I'm just sitting here going "give me something WET!" its 3 freaking hours to the nearest RIVER! There are NO lakes within 4 hours and the beach is 3 hours away. I live smack in the middle of the Mojave Desert. Ugh! 4 years here now, the Marines better send us somewhere green and humid, darnit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Ladies, I've loved coming here these last few weeks. Looked forward to reading up every night even if I didn't always post. But sadly, I'm leaving the group. Lots of bleeding started yesterday and lots of cramping since. I got bloodwork done today and will again Sat and will have a definite answer monday but I already know. Its just too much blood. Too much cramping. And no more pregnancy hunger. This is my first miscarrage and it is so hard. I'm not a crier but I seem to not be able to help it. I've cried all day. I wish you all the best and will think of you all come February.

I'm so sorry, hon! I have 2 losses and I know the dread, the fear, and the heartache. I wouldn't wish it on anyone! I hope that your body heals quickly and that your heart finds peace and that you have a happy and very healthy pregnancy next time around, hopefully just as soon as you are ready!

AS FOR ME---

Today is DAY1 of cold-turkey weaning my 2 year old. He's asked for it a couple of times today and threw one little fit when I denied him a few minutes ago, but he's happily laying across my lap chewing on his spoon and holding his Jell-O cup in a death grip watching "Wonder Pets"--for now. Bedtime is going to be a nightmare, I'm sure, but today hasn't been bad at all!
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #73
MLB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Today is DAY1 of cold-turkey weaning my 2 year old. He's asked for it a couple of times today and threw one little fit when I denied him a few minutes ago, but he's happily laying across my lap chewing on his spoon and holding his Jell-O cup in a death grip watching "Wonder Pets"--for now. Bedtime is going to be a nightmare, I'm sure, but today hasn't been bad at all!
My son is almost 2 and I'm trying to decide when to start weaning him. All my friends say that it's easier while you're pg. Some say the milk tastes different and that they stop by themselves. I wish I knew what to do. I don't WANT to wean him but my goal was 2 years and I'm about to make it (July 7) and he's showing NO signs of slowing down. He gives me the 'boobie-time' sign all day long and in his sleep the other night, he actually said, 'booba tim'. Oh boy. lol
Old 06-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #74
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB View Post
My son is almost 2 and I'm trying to decide when to start weaning him. All my friends say that it's easier while you're pg. Some say the milk tastes different and that they stop by themselves. I wish I knew what to do. I don't WANT to wean him but my goal was 2 years and I'm about to make it (July 7) and he's showing NO signs of slowing down. He gives me the 'boobie-time' sign all day long and in his sleep the other night, he actually said, 'booba tim'. Oh boy. lol
My son turned 2 yesterday. He was not slowing down either. but, I, personally, am done with it, so I decided to just suck it up and do it this way. Easier for all involved, I think. He is doing great about it so far, just 10 seconds of fit when I tell him no and then I give him food/drink and he's fine. Bedtime is going to be the hard one. I figure if I can go a week I'm probably good to go long-term. So, I have a 7 day goal That'll get me started
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #75
taralynnel
Registered Users
seller

Location: Monterey, CA (where ever the Marine Corps takes me)
My Mood:

my son's Star Wars bday party is tomorrow and i've been working my butt off! i've made 18 yoda hats, 20 pool noodle lightsabers & star wars character shaped crayons for everyone. i also embroidered & made a few fabric treat bags, but when the rsvp #s climbed past 10 (now at 17!), i decided i wasn't going to get them done and went and bought paper treat bags instead i'm finally able to sit down and rest (it took hours to make the crayons this morning - all of them on my feet). i have about 4 loads of laundry to fold but i just don't feel like it! i'm also watching my friend's 2.5 year old, but he's easy. i wish my big kids were still in school though!
Quote:
The worst part here isn't the heat but the humidity. You walk outside and it takes your breath away it's so humid
where in NOVA are you? i grew up in woodbridge/dale city i'm hoping we will get stationed at either Quantico or Columbia, MD when we get orders next year. I'm in monterey, CA, where it never gets above 70 degrees. i forget what season it is most of the time but i guess it'll be good while i'm pg!
Quote:
Lucinda - I'm right there with you on wanting a girl, even though I know I will love and cherish any child I have. It did seem like everyone I knew having a second was having the same gender, in fact all my childhood friends have 2 of the same gender. But all of my son's friends who have younger sibs had little sisters and most of his friends are boys. Of course it also seems that everyone I know has boys too so most have 2 boys (other than my DS's friends of course).
i had a girl and my 2nd was a boy, so don't give up hope! i'm not sure what i want to have (not like it matters ). part of me wants another boy, but he and my older son will be almost 6.5 years apart...and plus everett has been VERY difficult so i'm afraid that another boy would be too. i also love doing all the girly stuff and now that i'm sewing i want to make lots of tiny cute little dresses with matching dipes good thing it's not up to me to decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Ladies, I've loved coming here these last few weeks. Looked forward to reading up every night even if I didn't always post. But sadly, I'm leaving the group. Lots of bleeding started yesterday and lots of cramping since. I got bloodwork done today and will again Sat and will have a definite answer monday but I already know. Its just too much blood. Too much cramping. And no more pregnancy hunger. This is my first miscarrage and it is so hard. I'm not a crier but I seem to not be able to help it. I've cried all day. I wish you all the best and will think of you all come February.
i'm so sorry to hear this sending gentle hugs. it's tough but you will get through it. i had a m/c and was able to get pregnant soon after. good luck and God bless!
Tara, lovin' wife to a United States Marine (Ray), and mommy to the E's: Emeline 9.23.03, Everett 6.29.05 & Elianna 3.20.08, missing my baby in heaven 7/11, my rainbows are here! Easton & Evangeline 10.22.12
taralynnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #76
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby
Sara--oooo, Aspen. Sounds like fun!

Kelly--ugh, I hate the pukies!

Charlotte--I couldn't find any B6 pills less than 200mg myself. So I just made sure to but he tablets and not the caps so I could cut them up. I've been quartering them and it's worked just fine!

I feel strangely good today after a terribly nauseas week. So I don't know whether to enjoy it or worry. But eating is a lot more fun today, yay!
Ooh, okay! Are they helping you?
Old 06-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #77
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
I'll do persies later, but just wanted to share that I stood next to Mel Gibson and his daughter at the aquarium today. More details later.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #78
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by taralynnel View Post
my son's Star Wars bday party is tomorrow and i've been working my butt off! i've made 18 yoda hats, 20 pool noodle lightsabers & star wars character shaped crayons for everyone. i also embroidered & made a few fabric treat bags, but when the rsvp #s climbed past 10 (now at 17!), i decided i wasn't going to get them done and went and bought paper treat bags instead i'm finally able to sit down and rest (it took hours to make the crayons this morning - all of them on my feet). i have about 4 loads of laundry to fold but i just don't feel like it! i'm also watching my friend's 2.5 year old, but he's easy. i wish my big kids were still in school though!

where in NOVA are you? i grew up in woodbridge/dale city i'm hoping we will get stationed at either Quantico or Columbia, MD when we get orders next year. I'm in monterey, CA, where it never gets above 70 degrees. i forget what season it is most of the time but i guess it'll be good while i'm pg!

i had a girl and my 2nd was a boy, so don't give up hope! i'm not sure what i want to have (not like it matters ). part of me wants another boy, but he and my older son will be almost 6.5 years apart...and plus everett has been VERY difficult so i'm afraid that another boy would be too. i also love doing all the girly stuff and now that i'm sewing i want to make lots of tiny cute little dresses with matching dipes good thing it's not up to me to decide

i'm so sorry to hear this sending gentle hugs. it's tough but you will get through it. i had a m/c and was able to get pregnant soon after. good luck and God bless!
I'm in Alexandria, not far from Woodbridge/Dale City (depending on traffic of course).

I've been lucky, my son is easy. I'm not sure I'd be so lucky with another boy, and like you said now that I knit I'd love to make some girly stuff and get to keep it! The boy stuff isn't usually as cute, and it's far more limited.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #79
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel+2 View Post
I'll do persies later, but just wanted to share that I stood next to Mel Gibson and his daughter at the aquarium today. More details later.
You should have just started speaking yiddish to see what happened

Wait, that was me being evil! Pardon! I hope you both had a great day out at the aquarium with your kiddies!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #80
taralynnel
Registered Users
seller

Location: Monterey, CA (where ever the Marine Corps takes me)
My Mood:

Quote:
I'm in Alexandria, not far from Woodbridge/Dale City (depending on traffic of course).

I've been lucky, my son is easy. I'm not sure I'd be so lucky with another boy, and like you said now that I knit I'd love to make some girly stuff and get to keep it! The boy stuff isn't usually as cute, and it's far more limited.
i lived in alexandria when i got my first apartment. i lived off of route 1 (East Glebe) literally right across from the Potomac Yards Shopping center what a small world! I also lived in arlington for awhile too. i miss the area, but not the traffic!
Tara, lovin' wife to a United States Marine (Ray), and mommy to the E's: Emeline 9.23.03, Everett 6.29.05 & Elianna 3.20.08, missing my baby in heaven 7/11, my rainbows are here! Easton & Evangeline 10.22.12
taralynnel is offline   Reply With Quote