Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2011, 05:41 AM   #81
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

Re: February Fatales Weekly Chat | 6/5-6/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by taralynnel View Post
i lived in alexandria when i got my first apartment. i lived off of route 1 (East Glebe) literally right across from the Potomac Yards Shopping center what a small world! I also lived in arlington for awhile too. i miss the area, but not the traffic!
Yeah, if I ever move away from here I certainly WON'T miss the traffic! I'm at the mixing bowl now (495/395/95 interchange) but I used to live in Pentagon Cty and shop at the Target in Potomac Yard, lol. I really miss living in Pentagon City and being able to walk to restaurants, the salon, the grocery store, the mall, or the metro (I was across the street from Pentagon Row).

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 05:50 AM   #82
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel+2 View Post
I'll do persies later, but just wanted to share that I stood next to Mel Gibson and his daughter at the aquarium today. More details later.
We typically only see politicians around here, no one exciting. Well I guess it's possible to run into Obama since he seems to enjoying going to the same place we like to eat at, but so far we've just been able to "enjoy" the super long lines the publicity of his visited has created while listening to the people around us on their phones saying "yeah it's where Obama ate..." kind of annoying actually.

Have run into a few famous people at the airport though. Over Memorial Day weekend we were across the aisle from Joe Lieberman and his wife on our flight home. Over the winter Juwan Howard (plays for the Miami Heat) and his wife were behind DH and DS on a flight to Miami. Dh had to ask him to pick up one of DS's Hot Wheels cars too That's about as exciting as it gets around here.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #83
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No one famous lives around here... Well Guy Ferrier from food network if you consider him famous? He's a total douche though... Really rude and the talk is that he is really messed up to his wife!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #84
MamaCarina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
No one famous lives around here... Well Guy Ferrier from food network if you consider him famous? He's a total douche though... Really rude and the talk is that he is really messed up to his wife!
Where do you live? I noticed that you live in north bay area. I live in Napa.
MamaCarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #85
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB View Post
My son is almost 2 and I'm trying to decide when to start weaning him. All my friends say that it's easier while you're pg. Some say the milk tastes different and that they stop by themselves. I wish I knew what to do. I don't WANT to wean him but my goal was 2 years and I'm about to make it (July 7) and he's showing NO signs of slowing down. He gives me the 'boobie-time' sign all day long and in his sleep the other night, he actually said, 'booba tim'. Oh boy. lol
I know it's a hard choice and totally a personal one. AFM, I am NOT planning on weaning and would be happy to tandem nurse. My 20m ds is super addicted to the boob still and I dont want to force a change he isn't ready for. However, I would love to night wean completely. . .soon! Hope you figure out what's right for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatMama1990 View Post
Ooh, okay! Are they helping you?
I don't know. But they aren't hurting and I have been feeling better the past couple days, so maybe the B6 is helping. It isn't like night and day or anything when I take them though. But I've heard it is that dramatic for some people, so can't hurt to give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
You should have just started speaking yiddish to see what happened

Wait, that was me being evil! Pardon! I hope you both had a great day out at the aquarium with your kiddies!
Hahahahaha. My DH is Jewish, so I can't say I hold any love for Mel Gibson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCarina View Post
I know this question was not directed at me, but I'm in the Bay area too. In Palo Alto though, so more south than you. Napa is beautiful!

Off to try and enjoy my weekend with my boys. I felt so good yesterday that it freaked me out. I'd be happy if the ms was over at 8wks, but I highly doubt it and it makes me nervous to feel good. . .so I just can't win. I'm either complaining about being sick or I'm worried when I feel okay. sheesh.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #86
MamaCarina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post

I know this question was not directed at me, but I'm in the Bay area too. In Palo Alto though, so more south than you. Napa is beautiful!
My husband works in San Mateo and we are think of moving closer Do you like it there?
MamaCarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #87
MLB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
I know it's a hard choice and totally a personal one. AFM, I am NOT planning on weaning and would be happy to tandem nurse. My 20m ds is super addicted to the boob still and I dont want to force a change he isn't ready for. However, I would love to night wean completely. . .soon! Hope you figure out what's right for you!
Oh I hear you! It's really been a hard decision for me and to be totally and completely honest, I wouldn't mind if he kept on nursing. It doesn't bother me at all. The thoughts of nursing this long used to give me the creeps (immature, I guess) but now, I just don't mind. Night weaning would be GREAT. He sleeps in our bed still and won't have it any other way and as long as he's smelling me, he just snuggles up and latches on. lol I asked him this morning when he was nursing, 'Are you ever going to stop having boobie time?' and he said, 'nuh uh' and just went on chugging. LOL Sweet baby.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #88
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My husband works in San Mateo and we are think of moving closer Do you like it there?
There are good and bad things, as with anywhere. We used to live out in the E Bay, which in some ways was more "crunchy" (which I like) and had more access to BART and the city etc. But I really love the weather on the Peninsula and there are lots of great neighborhoods and schools. Of course it's bloody expensive, but I guess all of the Bay Area is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB View Post
Oh I hear you! It's really been a hard decision for me and to be totally and completely honest, I wouldn't mind if he kept on nursing. It doesn't bother me at all. The thoughts of nursing this long used to give me the creeps (immature, I guess) but now, I just don't mind. Night weaning would be GREAT. He sleeps in our bed still and won't have it any other way and as long as he's smelling me, he just snuggles up and latches on. lol I asked him this morning when he was nursing, 'Are you ever going to stop having boobie time?' and he said, 'nuh uh' and just went on chugging. LOL Sweet baby.
Ah sweet! I kinda love it that my guy is so attached to the boobie and too our snuggle time! Our son sleeps in our bed too, and definitely loves his snuggle-nursies at night. We're down to two feedings at night though, which is something.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #89
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ok my MQ didn't work oh well.

We had G's dance recital today, she was super cute and had a ball. Honestly it was an awful lot of work and preparation for a 2 minute performance, but alas the world of 3 year old dance is made for short attention spans.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #90
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Santa Rosa, Ha! My sister lives in Napa (next to St. Mary's Hospital (I think that's the name!))...she is moving to a bigger house next weekend, but still in Napa!

Lucinda: I get worried on a daily basis about this baby! I'm already to in love with him/her. I find myself already rubbing my belly! I just give it up to God. It's all up to him now. I'm pretty good at staying pregnant, even my ectopic wouldn't stop growing with all the restricted space. It ruptured at 11wks (usually happens at week 8). I guess as long as I'm not bleeding, I'm doing good!

Today we walked around Ikea. We are getting new couches and I saw some online that I really liked, but wanted to see them in person and to try them out before we bought them....I'm in LOVE with them!!!! Now we need to save a bit to buy them!!!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote