Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2011, 06:58 AM   #71
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: Circumcision - several questions, brit milah vs brit peri'ah

I am more than happy to edit or delete a post (normally depending on the situation if someone asks me to or they do theirs and don't want it continued). But, even with probably good intentions there is no need to ask questions or question the OP in this thread as its a done deal. If you are still curious, start your own so they can have 500 pages of the same debate or read the old debates. Its something very few will agree on and the children who have it done are usually just as happy as kids without it and its just a very personal choice.

Is it ok I go on the breastfeeding board and say, why on earth would you want to breastfeed? Why would you want a baby tied to you 24/7? Formula is specially made for babies and is "ideal" for XXX, XXX, or XXX reasons. (now I don't care what people choose and fully support anyone who breastfeeds but not my choice or decision and as long as someone is feeding their baby that is good enough for me). Or, condemn anyone with unhealthy eating practices for themselves or their kids when anything you consume goes into your breastmilk - good or bad?

Or, jump on someone who co-sleeps and site all the articles saying why it is bad/unsafe when all they ask is how is the best way to do it safely just to get a bit of sleep at night.

Or, .... you get the hint and little darling finally woke up so its snuggle time.

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #72
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
I am more than happy to edit or delete a post (normally depending on the situation if someone asks me to or they do theirs and don't want it continued). But, even with probably good intentions there is no need to ask questions or question the OP in this thread as its a done deal. If you are still curious, start your own so they can have 500 pages of the same debate or read the old debates. Its something very few will agree on and the children who have it done are usually just as happy as kids without it and its just a very personal choice.

Is it ok I go on the breastfeeding board and say, why on earth would you want to breastfeed? Why would you want a baby tied to you 24/7? Formula is specially made for babies and is "ideal" for XXX, XXX, or XXX reasons. (now I don't care what people choose and fully support anyone who breastfeeds but not my choice or decision and as long as someone is feeding their baby that is good enough for me). Or, condemn anyone with unhealthy eating practices for themselves or their kids when anything you consume goes into your breastmilk - good or bad?

Or, jump on someone who co-sleeps and site all the articles saying why it is bad/unsafe when all they ask is how is the best way to do it safely just to get a bit of sleep at night.

Or, .... you get the hint and little darling finally woke up so its snuggle time.
By continuing to post this, you are taking away from OP. And this:
Quote:
Is it ok I go on the breastfeeding board and say, why on earth would you want to breastfeed? Why would you want a baby tied to you 24/7? Formula is specially made for babies and is "ideal" for XXX, XXX, or XXX reasons.
just doesn't make any sense. Are those really your arguments to promote formula feeding? Sorry, I know I added to the sidetrack with that, but really......that makes me And, I don't understand promoting formula feeding over bf'ing to be honest. I understand that not all people can bf or choose not to, but to try to get people to ff instead of bf? Now that is wrong, for the mother AND for the baby.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #73
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

pcjs is using and example, or making an analogy, if you will. She is not trying to argue about the feeding habits of infants.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #74
pcjs
Registered Users

What Peanut said was more concise so I'm going with that!

Nothing wrong or right about what the OP is doing but she doesn't need education or someone else pointing out how wonder the "education" was and how it helped them and only if the OP would listen they'd be such a better person and parent for it when it may not be best for their family and child. And, after people ask others not to, they continue to preach.

Last edited by pcjs; 07-19-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #75
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
What Peanut said was more concise so I'm going with that!

Nothing wrong or right about what the OP is doing but she doesn't need education or someone else pointing out how wonder the "education" was and how it helped them and only if the OP would listen they'd be such a better person and parent for it when it may not be best for their family and child. And, after people ask others not to, they continue to preach.
Ok, so the OP has made up her mind she says. I had made up my mind also until other mama's who didn't circ gave me info I didn't know or hadn't heard. Then I questioned my decision did more research and realized that I didn't want my ds circ'd. I'm not saying it will be the case of OP, but you never know.

Also, this is a public forum where a lot of people read the thread. There could be someone who reads it who are "set" on circ'ing and they read something and they change their mind. Maybe they are considering the 2 ways to circ initially, but read through the thread and decide they maybe they don't want to circ afterall and it leads them to research non circ'ing.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #76
momtoGcubed
Registered Users
Formerly: momtoGsquared
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
Ok, so the OP has made up her mind she says. I had made up my mind also until other mama's who didn't circ gave me info I didn't know or hadn't heard. Then I questioned my decision did more research and realized that I didn't want my ds circ'd. I'm not saying it will be the case of OP, but you never know.

Also, this is a public forum where a lot of people read the thread. There could be someone who reads it who are "set" on circ'ing and they read something and they change their mind. Maybe they are considering the 2 ways to circ initially, but read through the thread and decide they maybe they don't want to circ afterall and it leads them to research non circ'ing.
Its particularly rude to debate with the original poster as she's stated that they'll be doing it for religious reasons.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #77
Kirsie
Registered Users
Formerly: Kir***m
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

We get your point. Go crusade elsewhere.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #78
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I haven't heard of that type of circumcision but to be honest with you I wish I would have. I probably would have had that done instead of the plastibel. I'm sorry that some people feel the need to put in their worthless .02!!

Sent from my Thunderbolt so watch out for weird posts
Old 07-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #79
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsie View Post
We get your point. Go crusade elsewhere.
Um.. aren't the intactivists the ones who are crusading (uninvited) in this thread?
Old 07-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #80
pcjs
Registered Users

No the point isn't gotten as there are still anti-circ. statements being posted here. My "crusade" is for people to respect others choices regardless of what one believes.