Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #81
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut*

Um.. aren't the intactivists the ones who are crusading (uninvited) in this thread?
Yup. Op was very specific with her questions. I get it I'm a "intactivist" too but this doesn't seem like the place for that. Sometimes it can be hard to zip your lips when you feel passionately about something - maybe a simple statement and bow out would've been *more* appropriate, though not really appropriate at all considering how specific op was.

The ff and bf talk is completely unfair and ridiculous not to mention off topic. Op is trying to get some real advice from those in her same path. If you're not there then stay on your own path - I'm sure if someone felt that strongly that they wanted to share a "I felt xxx like you, then learned yyy, now feel zzz" then they could maybe send a pm or share that btdt story on the thread, but this is kinda crazy.

Ok, I feel like mother hen, sorry about that!

Advertisement

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #82
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: Circumcision - several questions, brit milah vs brit peri'ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
Ok, so the OP has made up her mind she says. I had made up my mind also until other mama's who didn't circ gave me info I didn't know or hadn't heard. Then I questioned my decision did more research and realized that I didn't want my ds circ'd. I'm not saying it will be the case of OP, but you never know.

Also, this is a public forum where a lot of people read the thread. There could be someone who reads it who are "set" on circ'ing and they read something and they change their mind. Maybe they are considering the 2 ways to circ initially, but read through the thread and decide they maybe they don't want to circ afterall and it leads them to research non circ'ing.
Then start the 100010110101010 thread on circ. but don't take over one where the OP made up her mind and basically say she's wrong and needs to be educated. That's fine if you want to change your mind, but not everyone will and that's ok and there are umpteen other threads to help change someone's mind. So, how about a little support for someone who chooses too as I'm sure you'd want the same respect on any choices you make or choose not to make.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #83
Kirsie
Registered Users
Formerly: Kir***m
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
Um.. aren't the intactivists the ones who are crusading (uninvited) in this thread?
You know what makes people stick around? Quoting and responding and re-quoting and re-responding. You know what makes them abandon? Ignoring them and not providing post upon post about how they are derailing the thread. Taking the thread on a detour in any direction is not helping the OP whatsoever.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #84
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumismommy View Post
Yup. Op was very specific with her questions. I get it I'm a "intactivist" too but this doesn't seem like the place for that. Sometimes it can be hard to zip your lips when you feel passionately about something - maybe a simple statement and bow out would've been *more* appropriate, though not really appropriate at all considering how specific op was.

The ff and bf talk is completely unfair and ridiculous not to mention off topic. Op is trying to get some real advice from those in her same path. If you're not there then stay on your own path - I'm sure if someone felt that strongly that they wanted to share a "I felt xxx like you, then learned yyy, now feel zzz" then they could maybe send a pm or share that btdt story on the thread, but this is kinda crazy.

Ok, I feel like mother hen, sorry about that!
We should stay on topic.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #85
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsie View Post
You know what makes people stick around? Quoting and responding and re-quoting and re-responding. You know what makes them abandon? Ignoring them and not providing post upon post about how they are derailing the thread. Taking the thread on a detour in any direction is not helping the OP whatsoever.

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
Old 07-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #86
addicteddad
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoGcubed View Post
Its particularly rude to debate with the original poster as she's stated that they'll be doing it for religious reasons.
'particularly rude'? Are religious reasons more valid than others?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #87
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicteddad
To some, yes. She asked a question, even stated that it was NOT a debate but then the "capewearers" swoop down and condemn anyone who has an 'uncrunchy' thought.

Sent from my Thunderbolt so watch out for weird posts
Old 07-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #88
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicteddad View Post
Yes, but only for the "right" religion.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #89
addicteddad
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoreta View Post
To some, yes. She asked a question, even stated that it was NOT a debate but then the "capewearers" swoop down and condemn anyone who has an 'uncrunchy' thought.

Sent from my Thunderbolt so watch out for weird posts
I'm guessing if the op & others ignored the cape wearers, the posts would be ineffective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
Yes, but only for the "right" religion.
I thought they were all right.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #90
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
Thanks to your informative posts about not circ'ing, my baby boy was left intact. I have to thank YOU for opening my eyes that it doesn't have to be done b/c it has always been done. My son is the first intact boy on my side of the family.

See my post above.
THAT makes ALL the flames worth it.

THAT is why some of us won't just "shut up and go away".
Closed Thread