Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #81
aumismommy's Avatar
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Between the Pacific and the Snow, Nor Cal
Posts: 1,793
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut*

Um.. aren't the intactivists the ones who are crusading (uninvited) in this thread?
Yup. Op was very specific with her questions. I get it I'm a "intactivist" too but this doesn't seem like the place for that. Sometimes it can be hard to zip your lips when you feel passionately about something - maybe a simple statement and bow out would've been *more* appropriate, though not really appropriate at all considering how specific op was.

The ff and bf talk is completely unfair and ridiculous not to mention off topic. Op is trying to get some real advice from those in her same path. If you're not there then stay on your own path - I'm sure if someone felt that strongly that they wanted to share a "I felt xxx like you, then learned yyy, now feel zzz" then they could maybe send a pm or share that btdt story on the thread, but this is kinda crazy.

Ok, I feel like mother hen, sorry about that!

Advertisement

__________________
Natasha - married to my soul's mate Ryan, mama to my heart's songs Aumi born at home in the water 7.14.10 & Livity also born at home in the water and in the caul! 11.28.12


ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #82
pcjs's Avatar
pcjs
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 14,206
Re: Circumcision - several questions, brit milah vs brit peri'ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
Ok, so the OP has made up her mind she says. I had made up my mind also until other mama's who didn't circ gave me info I didn't know or hadn't heard. Then I questioned my decision did more research and realized that I didn't want my ds circ'd. I'm not saying it will be the case of OP, but you never know.

Also, this is a public forum where a lot of people read the thread. There could be someone who reads it who are "set" on circ'ing and they read something and they change their mind. Maybe they are considering the 2 ways to circ initially, but read through the thread and decide they maybe they don't want to circ afterall and it leads them to research non circ'ing.
Then start the 100010110101010 thread on circ. but don't take over one where the OP made up her mind and basically say she's wrong and needs to be educated. That's fine if you want to change your mind, but not everyone will and that's ok and there are umpteen other threads to help change someone's mind. So, how about a little support for someone who chooses too as I'm sure you'd want the same respect on any choices you make or choose not to make.
__________________
Mom to my wonderfully sweet toddler who is the joy of our lives. :
pcjs is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #83
Kirsie
Registered Users
Formerly: Kir***m
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,069
My Mood:
Re: Circumcision - several questions, brit milah vs brit peri'ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
Um.. aren't the intactivists the ones who are crusading (uninvited) in this thread?
You know what makes people stick around? Quoting and responding and re-quoting and re-responding. You know what makes them abandon? Ignoring them and not providing post upon post about how they are derailing the thread. Taking the thread on a detour in any direction is not helping the OP whatsoever.
__________________
Please excuse my spelling- I am typing with one hand and trying to hold on to my sanity with the other.
Kirsie is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #84
*Peanut*'s Avatar
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,619
Re: Circumcision - several questions, brit milah vs brit peri'ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumismommy View Post
Yup. Op was very specific with her questions. I get it I'm a "intactivist" too but this doesn't seem like the place for that. Sometimes it can be hard to zip your lips when you feel passionately about something - maybe a simple statement and bow out would've been *more* appropriate, though not really appropriate at all considering how specific op was.

The ff and bf talk is completely unfair and ridiculous not to mention off topic. Op is trying to get some real advice from those in her same path. If you're not there then stay on your own path - I'm sure if someone felt that strongly that they wanted to share a "I felt xxx like you, then learned yyy, now feel zzz" then they could maybe send a pm or share that btdt story on the thread, but this is kinda crazy.

Ok, I feel like mother hen, sorry about that!
We should stay on topic.
__________________
*Peanut* is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #85
raelynn's Avatar
raelynn
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N5327.674 W11330.752
Posts: 7,238
My Mood:
Re: Circumcision - several questions, brit milah vs brit peri'ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsie View Post
You know what makes people stick around? Quoting and responding and re-quoting and re-responding. You know what makes them abandon? Ignoring them and not providing post upon post about how they are derailing the thread. Taking the thread on a detour in any direction is not helping the OP whatsoever.
__________________
Mom to (11.5), (5) and (3)
Proud to be a breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, no-vaxing, intactivist and Certified Canadian Child Restraint Systems Technician

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #86
addicteddad
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 909
Re: Circumcision - several questions, brit milah vs brit peri'ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoGcubed View Post
Its particularly rude to debate with the original poster as she's stated that they'll be doing it for religious reasons.
'particularly rude'? Are religious reasons more valid than others?
addicteddad is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #87
jojoreta's Avatar
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,684
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicteddad
'particularly rude'? Are religious reasons more valid than others?
To some, yes. She asked a question, even stated that it was NOT a debate but then the "capewearers" swoop down and condemn anyone who has an 'uncrunchy' thought.

Sent from my Thunderbolt so watch out for weird posts
jojoreta is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #88
pcjs's Avatar
pcjs
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 14,206
Re: Circumcision - several questions, brit milah vs brit peri'ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicteddad View Post
'particularly rude'? Are religious reasons more valid than others?
Yes, but only for the "right" religion.
__________________
Mom to my wonderfully sweet toddler who is the joy of our lives. :
pcjs is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #89
addicteddad
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 909
Re: Circumcision - several questions, brit milah vs brit peri'ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoreta View Post
To some, yes. She asked a question, even stated that it was NOT a debate but then the "capewearers" swoop down and condemn anyone who has an 'uncrunchy' thought.

Sent from my Thunderbolt so watch out for weird posts
I'm guessing if the op & others ignored the cape wearers, the posts would be ineffective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
Yes, but only for the "right" religion.
I thought they were all right.
addicteddad is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #90
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunny SC
Posts: 13,547
My Mood:
Re: Circumcision - several questions, brit milah vs brit peri'ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
Thanks to your informative posts about not circ'ing, my baby boy was left intact. I have to thank YOU for opening my eyes that it doesn't have to be done b/c it has always been done. My son is the first intact boy on my side of the family.



See my post above.
THAT makes ALL the flames worth it.

THAT is why some of us won't just "shut up and go away".
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.