Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
anyone need a new car?

I have a 2008 RAV4 so basically I can't put three across in the back. I'm looking at the Honda Pilot with the 3rd row that seats 8. What bout you?

Advertisement

#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone need a new car?

We bought a honda Odyssey before L was born. I it, you might want to look at one instead of a Pilot, the sliding, automatic doors of a minivan can't be beat with a bunch of littles and all the car seats
Old 06-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

uhm. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been wanting to get a new car since DD was born. We have a 1998 Jeep Wrangler (not kid friendly....or safe) and a VW GTI. Love that car, but it's a 2 door. And I've been crawling in and out of that damn car for the last 2 years. DH doesn't understand my wanton desire for a new car as he hardly ever takes her anywhere and doesn't understand that, yes, it's a HUGE PITA to get her in and out. Sigh.

So, I told him we need to trade the Jeep in and get a mini van Ok. Maybe not a mini van, but a wagon-type thing would be nice. More than 2 doors and a spot for the dog in the back...

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

if you are going to have more than 2 just get the minivan now and save yourselves a step.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
MamaCarina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep! Well maybe. We have a ford focus, 4 door with the hatchback and it is going to be a very tight squeeze not to mention very little trunk space. We will make do for a while I am sure.
MamaCarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

I am but DH isn't on board yet. Since it took me a year to convince him to conceive another child, I'm waiting a couple months before delving into the new car discussions again, lol. I'm eying both the new Nissan Quest and the Toyota Sienna. I love the Pilot but I don't see the point in having a third row you can't access, which you can't if there are 2 car seats in the middle.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ha ha, yeah I second the waiting to bring up the topic with DH. Mine still doesn't even want to think about double strollers, LOL, so we haven't had the car talk yet. We have a Honda Accord 4door. . .so technically it will work. But we won't be able to have any guests in the car and I am getting tired of bending to put ds in and out of the car seat all the time.

We only have one car right now, as DH commutes to work without a car, but that might change too. So we have talked in the past about getting a bigger car as a second (mom) car and having the Accord become DHs car. But at least we don't have to buy one before the babe is born. . .although we still talk about having a 3rd child, so as someone mentioned, might be a safer idea just to buy the big car now!

I hate the thought of a minivan (I don't know what exactly). . .but I hear Prius is supposed to come out with some bigger cars. . .

Last edited by kismetbaby; 06-06-2011 at 02:06 PM.
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #8
taralynnel
Registered Users
seller

Location: Monterey, CA (where ever the Marine Corps takes me)
My Mood:

we got an 8 passenger toyota sienna when i was pg with #3 i love it and second the minivan for it's sliding doors! i no longer cringe when the door opens, worrying if my kids are going to slam their doors into the car next to us
i love my sienna! and now with #4 on it's way...well, we need to room anyway!
Tara, lovin' wife to a United States Marine (Ray), and mommy to the E's: Emeline 9.23.03, Everett 6.29.05 & Elianna 3.20.08, missing my baby in heaven 7/11, my rainbows are here! Easton & Evangeline 10.22.12
taralynnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:

I'm totally with you on the mini-van, but my DH is so NOT. I have no idea, but he is so ANTI mini van.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
heavenlyblessedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our car died on us around tax time, so we just upgraded to a van. We're all set with room for number 4!
Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote