Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

Re: anyone need a new car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Ha ha, yeah I second the waiting to bring up the topic with DH. Mine still doesn't even want to think about double strollers, LOL, so we haven't had the car talk yet. We have a Honda Accord 4door. . .so technically it will work. But we won't be able to have any guests in the car and I am getting tired of bending to put ds in and out of the car seat all the time.

We only have one car right now, as DH commutes to work without a car, but that might change too. So we have talked in the past about getting a bigger car as a second (mom) car and having the Accord become DHs car. But at least we don't have to buy one before the babe is born. . .although we still talk about having a 3rd child, so as someone mentioned, might be a safer idea just to buy the big car now!

I hate the thought of a minivan (I don't know what exactly). . .but I hear Prius is supposed to come out with some bigger cars. . .
Yeah I don't think I'm even going to tell him about a double stroller, it will just appear in the back of my car one day But I can't really do that with a car, that's more money than I can get away with spending without a discussion. I know there would be arguments about a stroller too but if he wants me to lose the baby weight, I'll need to go to stroller strides so he'd have to give in anyway.

My car is actually big enough (Ford Freestyle), but with two car seats in the middle you can't really get into the third row very easily. It's possible but I don't foresee any of my IL's doing it and they are the ones who sit back there the most.

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I understand a little on the antiminivan thing. I mean they are decidedly uncool, but well I am a parent now and I am soooooo uncool, so whatever, they are so darn conveinent.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #13
Evolution Diapers
Registered Users
Formerly: goddess3_2005
seller

Yup with #7 on the way the Suburban will not fit our family anymore. We are looking at a Ford or VW passenger van.

OS AI2 Hybrid and Pocket Diaperswww.evolutiondiapers.comThe revolution continues! Check out the E2 the Worlds First Cloth Diaper with fully adjustable gussets!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYpXC3UvJU8
Evolution Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #14
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution Diapers View Post
Yup with #7 on the way the Suburban will not fit our family anymore. We are looking at a Ford or VW passenger van.
My brother has 6 kids and they were just here over the weekend for a visit. They finally broke down and got a 15 passenger van, so that they have enough room (their kiddos are older and take up lots of space) for their kids and some friends. Now everyone asks them if they are a church group everywhere they go
Old 06-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #15
Evolution Diapers
Registered Users
Formerly: goddess3_2005
seller

Oh great, LOL! I know my husband got called to be our Churches Scout Troop Leader when we bought our Suburban! I bet we are going to be the church taxi service now! might as well paint a big sign on the side,"Mom's Taxi"!!!

OS AI2 Hybrid and Pocket Diaperswww.evolutiondiapers.comThe revolution continues! Check out the E2 the Worlds First Cloth Diaper with fully adjustable gussets!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYpXC3UvJU8
Evolution Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #16
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:

car shopping tomorrow! I think I'm going for the 8 seater Honda Pilot!
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #17
chaik76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We LOVE our Pilot...our kids actually chose to sit three across the first back row (infant in snugride, three year old in car seat, nine-year old in high back booster). It is a _tight_ squeeze, but they manage it. When we switch the baby to another carseat we'll have to use the second back row.
chaik76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #18
mixed_chica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dh was so anti-van too, so we got a chevy traverse....Love love love our suv!
Old 06-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #19
sbdf13
Registered Users
seller

We just got a G6 we traded in our VW passat wagon I miss all the trunk space but the radian fits better in the G6 and we get better gas.

I have a saturn vue I love it one requirement when we got it 2 years ago was that we could fit 3 across
sbdf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:54 AM   #20
vbacmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure we can get 5 carseats in our Dodge Grand Caravan! Trying not to think about it, we need a bigger house too! Eek.