Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #11
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How do I make RRL tea?

Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
When I make mine, I simmer about 4 quarts of water, and while it's heating up, I put a handful of loose tea into three quart-sized mason jars. Then I ladle the hot water into the jars and put the lids on, then I leave them overnight, and strain into a 2-quart pitcher in the morning, and put it in the fridge and drink out of that for a couple of days.

DD's labor was 12 hours and DS's labor was 8 hours, so I'm hoping the tea had something to do with it, and I plan on drinking tea with this one, too, although it's my first winter pregnancy so I might be drinking it hot this time.
Thanks, This would work well with my schedule. I'll try it out as soon as I get the quart jars.
Thanks so much.

Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I just answered another post about red raspberry leaf tea. Found a really interesting and helpful website at

The instructions they gave there were: Loose leaf tea - Bring one cup of water to the boil. Remove from heat and add one teaspoon of the herb. Stir, cover and let sit for ten minutes (do not boil the herb), strain and sip. Adding sugar or honey many improve the taste. 2 to 3 cups per day is often recommended especially after 28 weeks of pregnancy.
Brianne, married to my sweetheart Eric, mommy to Reuben(4), and expecting #2 on or around 1-9-12
munchkinsmama2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

This is what I do Sally. . .basically like what Andrea said. . .

I use a mix of RRL, nettles and alfalfa (both those other herbs have lots of great properties and vits and minerals, including Vit K), I pre-mix the dried herbs in a gallon zip-lock bag, equal parts of each. Then I have a quart glass jar--I scoop out about a cup of the herb mix and dump it into the glass jar. Then I pour boiling water over it and let it sit overnight. In the morning I strain the herbs out and keep the tea in the fridge. I like to drink it cold in the summer, so then I just pour into a glass (sometimes I dilute it with water depending on how much I'll drink or how strong it is). But in the winter I may wind up having it hot.

*Don't reheat in the microwave though, best to do it on the stove in a little pan. I also add mint or chamomile sometimes just for flavor.
Lucinda-- crunchy, BFing, homebirthin', SAH mama to my sweet guy, born 10.1.09 and my baby girl, born 1.19.12.
*I'm a stroke survivor.*
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I bought a coffeemaker for making my tea. No straining involved!
Jennifer, homeschooling mom to 7
KiltedKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote