Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
abemom2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
G diapers question

There are some available locally, and the seller has both the old and new style. Before going to check it out, I'd like more info.
It's size Size medium, and I understand that the old cut is narrower than the new one. My DS is 14 lbs. @ 10 months. Thin legs. Can the old style still be in VGUC after so many years?

This is the 4th I'm CD, and never tried G diapers.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Old 06-07-2016, 06:28 PM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: G diapers question

I'd worry that the velcro was still sticky after all the time. It has a tendency to curl like all aplix can.

You might need to replace the white pouches. You can get 6 packs replacements. That is where the contact needs to be and the important elastic is.
HELP ME Choose Blanket Colors!!! Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 06-07-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:44 PM   #3
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

You can get new pouches (like pixie mentioned) and you can replace the Velcro. Essentially the gPants is what you're buying and they're like clothes in that yes, they could last. The part that is the true diaper is your insert and the gPouch.
DreamInGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #4
abemom2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The seller has both styles available. She has a big lot! I was wondering if the older style is preferable to the new one for a petite baby. According to the posted pics it looks fine.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:47 PM   #5
zorabete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would be a little wary of the old style, at least. I did childcare for a friend of mine who used G diapers 8 or so years ago (so maybe old, old style, I don't know), and the G pants, which were made of cotton knit, would stretch a bit, especially at the legs--like the sleeves or neck of a t-shirt can--and that affected the fit and how efficiently the rest of the set up held together. I actually found the whole deal really annoying, but I'm sure some people love them, and it's a neat concept.
zorabete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:56 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would suggest if you are interested in gdiapers that you don't invest in a huge lot without trying first. Buy one and try it for a few weeks before buying more (if she still has them) or buy a new one first See if you even like the style and if the inserts you want to use work in them. Also would you be willing to buy new white pouches for them and invest that additional money.

other things to think about: gdiapers suggest that you wash the pant and the pouch on warm instead of hot. The white pouch is expected to need to be replaced in 6-12 months. I think they can last longer it depends on everything (water, washing, use, etc, etc).
HELP ME Choose Blanket Colors!!! Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 06-08-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:07 PM   #7
abemom2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not much positive response here. I guess I'll skip them!

Thanks a lot!
Old 06-08-2016, 09:06 PM   #8
FosteringInfants
Registered Users

Yeah I'd skip g diapers. I got some in a lot and never used-wasn't sure they could contain anything!
FosteringInfants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:49 AM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used gdiapers in the earlier stages with my first. I liked them. They are a great AI2 system for young baby because with a poo you just replace 2 pieces (the pouch and the insert) and can reuse the outer pant. Once the child got older I felt like it was more pieces than needed. They can be a bit finicky as well.

I love the gdiaper disposable inserts for the occasional time I feel i need that disposable option (like camping/vacation). I use them in our flip or other covers. This coming camping trip I plan to use them in the nighttime fleece trainers and maybe even give them a chance in the BB Trainers for nap - the only time my LO currently in diapers. Use up what we have left over from earlier purchases.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 06-09-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:00 AM   #10
MilliesMom32
Registered Users

Not the best bang for your buck.
MilliesMom32 is offline   Reply With Quote