Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #101
4lilMonkies
Registered Users
seller

Re: The best 100% cotton, trim, size-adjustable absorbant insert (EVEN MORE action pi

I've always been impressed with the simplicity of the idea of trifolding. But when I did it with my prefolds they bunch between the legs and that really bugged me. Do these bunch up when wet?

Advertisement

4lilMonkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #102
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This is how I fold our Osocozy brand flats to stuff pockets and to lay in Flip covers. Been doing it ever since I saw this post (Thanks OP!!). Its a super quick and easy fold so I didn't sew mine together like the op did.
Mine don't bunch up at all when wet and don't make the diaper look bumpy.

Last edited by jes750; 02-06-2012 at 04:18 PM.
jes750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #103
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lilMonkies
I've always been impressed with the simplicity of the idea of trifolding. But when I did it with my prefolds they bunch between the legs and that really bugged me. Do these bunch up when wet?
I don't think so, I have never noticed a significant amount of bunching when it gets wet but I don't have a super soaker either.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #104
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Here are pics what it looks like coming out of the dryer (sewn straight across in 3 places, these have been like this for months):

In a pocket:

Last edited by mariamommy; 02-06-2012 at 04:32 PM.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #105
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: The best 100% cotton, trim, size-adjustable absorbant insert (EVEN MORE action pi

Cool!

What pocket is that, it looks gray?

Last edited by stephcrouse; 02-19-2012 at 12:48 PM.
stephcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #106
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
Cool!

What pocket is that, it looks gray?
Looks like a bubble bg.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #107
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Still loving these mama? I'm debating getting some Diaper Rite flats (20% off for the flats challenge at Diaper Junction - flats2012) but I don't like the idea of folding flats AND stuffing pockets. Then I remembered this thread! Maybe I'll try it... Any trouble at all getting them clean?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #108
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire View Post
Still loving these mama? I'm debating getting some Diaper Rite flats (20% off for the flats challenge at Diaper Junction - flats2012) but I don't like the idea of folding flats AND stuffing pockets. Then I remembered this thread! Maybe I'll try it... Any trouble at all getting them clean?
I did something similar with my unbleached flats . . . Folded them in half and then half again, then just serged off the edges to make a 4-layer preflat. I made some 10x12" out of my smaller Diaper Rite flats, which are super absorbant and trim, and can be trifold the short way or bifolded the long way for babies up to about 20 pounds. I made 12x15" preflats the same way put of my larger OsoCozy flats for older/bigger babies. They wash up beautifully and dry in the dryer in less than 30 minutes. They are the size of prefolds, but trimmer, more absorbant, and faster to dry
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #109
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Absolutely still loving them. Yep, PP is right, that is a bubble BG 4.0. They come perfectly clean and dry quickly too. I don't regret sewing them at all!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #110
jessicargrimes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

these are great! Wish I knew how to sew! Is bubble more of a "grey" in real life? If so... thats a pretty cool color! I always thought it was marketed as a light purple.
jessicargrimes is offline   Reply With Quote