Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #121
cajsmommy's Avatar
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,631
My Mood:
Re: The best 100% cotton, trim, size-adjustable absorbant insert (EVEN MORE action pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy View Post
Yes, GMD has 100% cotton doublers.

http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/doublers.htm

Scroll down about half way.



I'm not familiar with the new swaddlebees capri inserts, are they size adjustable?
Yes, but they still come in a size 1 and size 2. Here is some info on them:
http://www.swaddlebees.com/Products/...diaper_inserts

After seeing this post, I made some "capri like" inserts, with some flats and microfleece sewn onto a half length of them since my LO needs stay dry. They work awesome in covers. I love them and they are so absorbent, yet dry quickly and are customizable. I also like to use them folded into my momma made rita's rump pockets, only I lay them in, rather than stuff, to make it easier, and so I still have the stay dry effect with the microfleece. Works well this way too

Advertisement

__________________
mom to 5 wonderful blessings. All
cajsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #122
northknoxmomma's Avatar
northknoxmomma
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,512
Re: The best 100% cotton, trim, size-adjustable absorbant insert (EVEN MORE action pi

Subbing
__________________
Kerri, married to my love, SAHM to DD (12/05), DS (6/08), and new DS2 (3/11)
northknoxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #123
mariamommy's Avatar
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,668
Re: The best 100% cotton, trim, size-adjustable absorbant insert (EVEN MORE action pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajsmommy View Post
Yes, but they still come in a size 1 and size 2. Here is some info on them:
http://www.swaddlebees.com/Products/...diaper_inserts

After seeing this post, I made some "capri like" inserts, with some flats and microfleece sewn onto a half length of them since my LO needs stay dry. They work awesome in covers. I love them and they are so absorbent, yet dry quickly and are customizable. I also like to use them folded into my momma made rita's rump pockets, only I lay them in, rather than stuff, to make it easier, and so I still have the stay dry effect with the microfleece. Works well this way too
that's so neat! I went and watched that video on the swaddlebee's website about the inserts, they do look a bit similar in design/function.
__________________
Maria, wife to David and stay-at-home-mama to four children.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #124
mariamommy's Avatar
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,668
Re: The best 100% cotton, trim, size-adjustable absorbant insert (EVEN MORE action pi

Another random note about these: I'm using them folded smaller inside BG 4.0s for my 12 pound baby and it works wonderful.
__________________
Maria, wife to David and stay-at-home-mama to four children.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #125
mamatoclaire's Avatar
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,784
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy
Another random note about these: I'm using them folded smaller inside BG 4.0s for my 12 pound baby and it works wonderful.
Awesome! I wondered whether large flats would be too bulky.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
__________________
mamatoclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #126
mamatoclaire's Avatar
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,784
My Mood:
Re: The best 100% cotton, trim, size-adjustable absorbant insert (EVEN MORE action pi

I finally made a dozen with Walmart flour sack flats. Love them!! So nice not to have to fold flats and stuff pockets
__________________
mamatoclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #127
mariamommy's Avatar
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,668
Re: The best 100% cotton, trim, size-adjustable absorbant insert (EVEN MORE action pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire View Post
I finally made a dozen with Walmart flour sack flats. Love them!! So nice not to have to fold flats and stuff pockets
Yes, no folding is the best part!
__________________
Maria, wife to David and stay-at-home-mama to four children.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #128
laurettabear
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 57
Re: The best 100% cotton, trim, size-adjustable absorbant insert (EVEN MORE action pi

Nice
laurettabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #129
meredithb's Avatar
meredithb
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19
Very cool ! Definitely going to try this soon.
meredithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #130
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy
Another random note about these: I'm using them folded smaller inside BG 4.0s for my 12 pound baby and it works wonderful.
Same size snake?

Thank you so much for posting this!!! This is exactly what I was wanting to do with my flats because I don't like folding but want the quick drying time. Thank you!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.