Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #41
michelleml
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The best 100% cotton, trim, size-adjustable absorbant insert (more pics added!)

They washed up perfect no need to refold the suedecloth held up also love them just found some ll flats can't wait to try them out

Michelle

Advertisement

Michelle
michelleml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #42
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: The best 100% cotton, trim, size-adjustable absorbant insert (more pics added!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum View Post
I put two rows of stitches in mine going the length of the flat when it was long and skinny, and it held up perfectly in the wash. All I have to do is fold it in half to stick it in the diaper. I'm about to do some more so I don't have to fold them anymore.

Thanks again for the idea!!
that's a good idea too about stitching them twice the long way.

My only thought about doing it the short way three times is that they might be easier to rip out of I wanted them out.

Glad its working!

I just folded my big pile of fluffy diapers (love!) and the flats were just perfect...can't believe they're so nice and easy now!
Old 06-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #43
Rachaelramones
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What kind of flat did you use? Or does it matter?
Rachaelramones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #44
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachaelramones View Post
What kind of flat did you use? Or does it matter?
I don't think it matters. I used a GMD large unbleached flat.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #45
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe I should start a new thread. But here's my question... the other night I took a receiving blanket and folded it like you said and the fold was perfect, BUT when I added a MF insert it seemed to be really stiff. The MF insert itself isn't stiff so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

I folded the flat up and put the MF insert in and folded the flat for length around the insert. Maybe I should have folded the flat for length and laided the MF insert on top of it? I put the diaper on my little guy for night and it seemed wide and stiff

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #46
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboytitan View Post
Maybe I should start a new thread. But here's my question... the other night I took a receiving blanket and folded it like you said and the fold was perfect, BUT when I added a MF insert it seemed to be really stiff. The MF insert itself isn't stiff so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

I folded the flat up and put the MF insert in and folded the flat for length around the insert. Maybe I should have folded the flat for length and laided the MF insert on top of it? I put the diaper on my little guy for night and it seemed wide and stiff
I don't know, I don't use MF with flats. This flat fold is pretty bendy for me, maybe I have really floppy flats?
Old 06-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #47
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I'm not sure if you have floppy flats or if it's b/c I was using a receiving blanket?

I may try again tonight and lay them separately to see what happens.

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #48
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Re: I just created the best 100% cotton, trim, absorbant insert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny_mama View Post
Yes actually quite a few mama's on here adore them and a few use them for their flats exclusively! I say go for it, we're in a tight way with money right now and if Canada had Targets I'd buy them too to try this.
I'm in Canada as well, and grabbed them from Walmart, in with the dishcloths/towels. I got a 5 pack for $7ish. They're folded up and wrapped in white cardboard with a wide blue stripe bordered by smaller black stripes, and at my Walmart they were hanging up right beside the bar mops. My stash is all OS, so I wanted to grab a few in case my newbie isn't as big as my OB is expecting.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #49
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Just wanted to update on this~ I've used them for a long time now and still have no complaints. They're actually TOO absorbant for my LO, she's isn't a very heavy wetter and when I go to change the the diaper and pull out the insert sometimes isn't even soaked through all the layers.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #50
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had been using my Flip Stay dry's again because they fit so well into the Flip but they really aren't THAT absorbent. Then I remembered this thread.

Folded the way you demonstrate they are the EXACT same size as a Stay Dry flip folded on the medium setting. YAY! Love it! And I love that extra layering in the front/middle for my DD. SO absorbent yet SO trim.

Thanks so much for posting this!

Eta: with this fold and the extra fold in front, I wonder if my Flour Sack Dishtowels would be absorbent enough now... I will have to check it out.

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 06-28-2011 at 02:34 PM.
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote