Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
sjberreth
Registered Users
seller

the "little snip" and cloth diapers

My DH wants to have our son circumcised. How do you treat the wound when you use cloth? The cream they say to use on the circumcision are not recommended for cloth. Any ideas??

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 02:30 AM   #2
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I didn't cd when my ds's we're little, but given what I know now here's what I would do... the area is most raw fir jyst a few days. Our Dr. provided us with the ointment to use, and some gauze to wrap around the tip, then I would use fleece liners to act as a barrier between the wound/ointment and the diaper
Old 06-08-2011, 02:31 AM   #3
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oops!

Last edited by jacksmimi; 06-08-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:38 AM   #4
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: the "little snip" and cloth diapers

First of all DUCK!!! You may get blasted for circumcising...

We used some cloth while DS was healing from his circumcision and never had an issue. Your just going to dab a small amount of antibacterial cream on his penis and then wrap it in gauze. Your not going to be slathering it on over a large portion of his diaper area the way you would say desitin. The gauze keeps most of the ointment off the diapers. We used prefolds. If you use flats or prefolds I wouldn't sweat it at all. If you use a more delicate diaper like a pocket just use a fleece liner. You can easily make your own by buying some junk fleece at walmart and cutting up a few squares.

O and if this thread turns nasty on you just remember
Old 06-08-2011, 02:41 AM   #5
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjberreth
My DH wants to have our son circumcised. How do you treat the wound when you use cloth? The cream they say to use on the circumcision are not recommended for cloth. Any ideas??
We just used a fleece liner and worked like a charm a lot of people use sposies for that first week, but with a liner (wash separately from your diapers or toss them after lol! DH washed them with the first load and I had to strip like mad)

"Insert joke about iPhone autocorrect here"

Life is good.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:14 AM   #6
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

What you put on the penis depends on the type of procedure. The doc put on gauze, but took it off the second day and then we just had to keep the tip coated in vasaline for about a week. No more gauze or antibacterial cream. That being said, we used sposies until it healed.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum, so please excuse typos!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:36 AM   #7
Basilsmommy
Registered Users

We used sposies until it was healed. All our directions were was to put vaseline on it with every diaper change. No gauze at all. The doctor actually told us too that we didn't even need to put it directly on the penis but to just put it on the diaper so it wouldn't stick. It healed up really quick and easy. If you want to use cloth a liner sounds like it would work.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:30 AM   #8
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I highly recommend researching it more, b/c it is surgery, not a "little snip" like cutting a nail. Circumcision removes what will become 15 square inches of very sensitive and important skin in an adult man. Only 32% of baby boys were circumcised last year, and the rate keeps dropping. Many circumcised fathers (like my husband) are happy that their sons are not circumcised. I have a link to some reasons in my signature.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Old 06-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #9
Lydia'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What I would do would depend on the type of circumcision and the care instructions provided by the Dr. We had a jewish Dr. perform DS's on day 8 and he ended up with a VERY loose circ that did require a bit more vaseline and such than some I've heard. If we ever have another boy, I'd honestly be ok with using sposies for a week. BUT last time we did cloth with fleece or disp. liners between the ointment&gauze and the diaper and it was ok, too. Just more to mess with when I have older kids I need to take care of than I'd like in the second week postpartum. Honestly, I learned alot with Cd-ing ds from day one and having older kids and depending on how passionately you are about cd's sometimes doing whatever it takes to make those first few weeks easier is what needs to be done. For me, if baby is a boy, that means using sposies during the first few days after he gets circ'd.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #10
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
I highly recommend researching it more, b/c it is surgery, not a "little snip" like cutting a nail. Circumcision removes what will become 15 square inches of very sensitive and important skin in an adult man. Only 32% of baby boys were circumcised last year, and the rate keeps dropping. Many circumcised fathers (like my husband) are happy that their sons are not circumcised. I have a link to some reasons in my signature.
It is def NOT a " little snip." Please be educated before making this decision. Many parents ( me included) severely regret having put our babies through such a needless surgery. I, too, thought circumcision was a simple, quick procedure. TWO SONS later, I watched a video of one being done. It changed my views, and broke my heart. I now have intact twin sons and am pregnant with another boy-who will obviously be intact as well. GL.
Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
Closed Thread