Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #21
morethancjsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ok upset a little with the preaching. To each family their own. Please.
2nd. Good for you momma for wanting to cd and asking how to best care for LO about this
3rd the vasoline or ointment is to reduce friction and prevent the penis from sticking so cloth is actually the best choice. ( that being said both of my sons wore sposies).
Have you ever had a band-aid stick to a wound and had to pull it of? YIKES!

I agree with pps that a fleece square will protect your dipes.

Good for you momma and don't let others guilt you over a choice that you and dh have agreed on. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

$49 unlimited talk/text plus unlimited data!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #22
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: the "little snip" and cloth diapers

WOW!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
I think people coming in here and turning a question into a debate is tacky!!!

If that's what the mama decides is right for her family then who are you to come in here attacking her!!!

Anyways OP. WE circ'd our son as well. They had gauze they put on afterwards and told us it will fall off on it's own. We had to lather it up with vaseline. We used sposies until the gauze fell off which was only a couple days and we just used the dipes we got from the hospital.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #23
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I do not think anyone is attacking her right to circumsize her child. But she chose a title that was very shocking. She minimalized it in the title and that is what brought a response.

If she had asked circumsition and cloth diapering, I am sure someone may have said something, people usually do, but not nearly as many people as here.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #24
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Her word choice made it appear that she had not taken the time to make an educated decision and that she did not take the time to understand what a circumcision really is.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #25
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
I do not think anyone is attacking her right to circumsize her child. But she chose a title that was very shocking. She minimalized it in the title and that is what brought a response.

If she had asked circumsition and cloth diapering, I am sure someone may have said something, people usually do, but not nearly as many people as here.
There were deffinatly people going after her choice first of all.

Okay so the title was "shocking" to the people ON THIS BOARD!!! I have heard the term "little snip" before and it was pretty common where I grew up. Did anyone happen to notice that she is a new member?? Probably not! So she probably didn't realize a term she had heard MANY times before would cause people to ATTACK her!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #26
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Her word choice made it appear that she had not taken the time to make an educated decision and that she did not take the time to understand what a circumcision really is.
Again her word choice means she has heard the term more than once and doesn't mean she is uneducated in her decision.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #27
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

No I agree but in this context it came across as provacative, kwim?

I chose not to, not because I am emotionally charged about the issue. But I married a European, it is not common here and the research I did made me confident that at this point in time it was unnecessary for us.

I think people were just a bit taken abavk by the word choice. I saw lots of people suggest sge research it because it appeared to be a comment baised on a common assumption about it. I did not see any attacking, unless I missed a post.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #28
nakia
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
I highly recommend researching it more, b/c it is surgery, not a "little snip" like cutting a nail. Circumcision removes what will become 15 square inches of very sensitive and important skin in an adult man. Only 32% of baby boys were circumcised last year, and the rate keeps dropping. Many circumcised fathers (like my husband) are happy that their sons are not circumcised. I have a link to some reasons in my signature.
I agree. My son is having his second surgery to correct the damage from his circumcision. It is NOT a little snip. PLEASE reconsider. Please. I am not attacking, just hoping that you educate yourself more on this. I also disagree that this is a family issue. It is a personal issue. Your son can always decide to get circumcised as an adult after making an educated decision, but it can never be UNDONE. It is cosmetic surgery of the penis. Something no adult should decide a child needs done.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #29
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakia View Post
I agree. My son is having his second surgery to correct the damage from his circumcision. It is NOT a little snip. PLEASE reconsider. Please. I am not attacking, just hoping that you educate yourself more on this. I also disagree that this is a family issue. It is a personal issue. Your son can always decide to get circumcised as an adult after making an educated decision, but it can never be UNDONE. It is cosmetic surgery of the penis. Something no adult should decide a child needs done.
srry, just wanted to send to your and your little one. Your post made me tear up.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #30
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:

The title is TACKY.

Quote:
I agree. Coupled with "DH wants to circ" does not sound like much research has been done on what circumcision actually entails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftinmama View Post
There were deffinatly people going after her choice first of all.

Okay so the title was "shocking" to the people ON THIS BOARD!!! I have heard the term "little snip" before and it was pretty common where I grew up. Did anyone happen to notice that she is a new member?? Probably not! So she probably didn't realize a term she had heard MANY times before would cause people to ATTACK her!!!
Not one person has "attacked" her. Several people have suggested that she do some research before deciding to circ. That is not an attack in any way. A couple of people have also related their OWN experiences with circ. Again not an attack. Where on earth are you seeing these "attacks"?

Personally I am SO glad I came across threads like this while I was pregnant. They saved my boy from unnecessary surgery.
Closed Thread