Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #11
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Help Selling

LOL!!! Well, with your awesome attitude towards all us SAHMs with time to "waste", you're sure to sell those dipes fast!

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #12
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think anyone who's a SAHM would say its harder then any job out there. I'm sure if given the means and opportunity most women would do it though and I'm certainly never gonna apologize for being one. So good luck to ya and nice restraint mamas!
812ajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #13
poppan
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeLee28 View Post
So basically this site is for SAHM's with a lot of free time to sit around posting on internet chat sites. I don't have time to waste online. Thought it would have been nice if someone could have answered my question about how much to charge. I don't know why people talk about this site like it's the Bible of Cloth Diapering. :-(
I'm actually going to answer your post seriously although I'm thinking you won't be checking back!

The requirements to become a seller aren't really that hard to meet. You need 30 posts which is not hard to do... you could do it in an hour, honest. Wait one month from the time you first signed up. And then apply for seller status, and the mods will verify your identity. We've had to take these measures because dishonest people were coming here, opening accounts and then taking people's paypal money and not shipping them anything. Even worse were the trades because at least with paypal you can file a dispute with paypal, but with the trades people were out actual stuff that they could not get back.

Anyway. To price my diapers I usually do a little research and see what other people are selling them for in FSOT. I also try to see how much they go for at retail and price accordingly. Right now there is a FuzziBunz promotion going on, buy 5 get 1 free and most places have free shipping. So you'll want to take that into account when you price.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
tuxgirl
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack
I think anyone who's a SAHM would say its harder then any job out there. I'm sure if given the means and opportunity most women would do it though and I'm certainly never gonna apologize for being one. So good luck to ya and nice restraint mamas!
Heh... I never believed that until my dd was born. I often worked long hours at my job and had on call which meant I could be paged at any hour of day or night. I was in a highly technical field. I figured that being a sahm couldn't be that hard after doing that for a few years... i have to say that working that job was easier, at least for me, than being a sahm... that said, being a sahm is worth it!
tuxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #15
Lisa921
Registered Users
seller

I accumulated quite a few posts in this site while I was working full- time. I just started staying home one week ago! No need to be rude when others are trying to be helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #16
poppan
Registered Users
seller

I thought being a SAHM was so hard that I went back to work! I work 20 hours a week and it's almost like being on vacation.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #17
AndeeL
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeLee28
So basically this site is for SAHM's with a lot of free time to sit around posting on internet chat sites. I don't have time to waste online. Thought it would have been nice if someone could have answered my question about how much to charge. I don't know why people talk about this site like it's the Bible of Cloth Diapering. :-(
Maaaybe if you weren't such a grump, you'd have more free time. HTH!!!
AndeeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #18
ho11yb
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeLee28 View Post
Wow - That is extremely rude. fwiw - I'm a professional who works outside the home. The rules for selling were put in place due to a number of people who were scamming members (getting paid for diapers they never shipped, etc.) They are there to help protect people on both sides of a transaction and frankly not that hard to meet the requirements. There are a lot of great mamas on this board and your post is insulting to all of them, but especially those who are SAHMs. Which is a heckofa tough job!

For your diapers, i'd try listing on craigslist. You can look through the FSOT listings to search for the diapers you have and see what type of prices are listed. I'd guess teh FBOS would likely go for around $12-14 (less if you're selling local and aren't paying shipping) if they are in excellent condition. I don't use or have a clue on the smartipants.

Blame the typos on the iPad!

Last edited by ho11yb; 06-17-2011 at 01:43 PM.
ho11yb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You mamas have shown quite a bit of restraint -- well done!

I don't think I can, so I shall
Old 06-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #20
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why oh why do some working mamas insist on making the rest of us look bad?

I just want to give a shout out of support to all the SAHM from this WOHM!!!