Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #121
octoberblush
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: what baby name were you really wanting to use, but couldn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoMeijin View Post
I really wanted to use Dante for our DS but a friend of ours made so much fun of the name he ruined it lol! I also want to name a possible DD Eliza James but i don't see that happening either
If we have two DSes... I may use Dante.

Eisley. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this name. One of my favorite bands has the name also. DH hasn't really shot it down.. I just didn't feel like that was DD's name. I was right. She is most definitely a Molly.

For boys: Zion and Odin. DH hates Zion. He didn't nix Odin but it's way down on the name list. I also love Ulrich but my cousin gave her son that name. It totally fits him!

DH wants an Alice. And you think that I would love it since I am an Alice in Wonderland fan... but for some reason it just doesn't set right as a name for our DD.

Advertisement

ISO- the remote. Always the dang remote.
octoberblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #122
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

Ooh, and Temperance. No idea why I love that name so much. However, I have given up all naming rights if we end up having a third. Only way I could get him to agree to a 3rd kid.
kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #123
Sarai*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangasox View Post
This post is way funny, because one of my number one names was...

Sarai!! I thought/think it's such a gorgeous, beautiful name, but my husband totally nixed it.
Also on the list,
Girls - Piper (favorite of all time), Tyne, Linden, Amelie
Boys - River, Atticus, Beckett, Sullivan.

We TOTALLY don't agree on boy names.
Too funny coincidence. Glad you like Sarai! Sorry you didn't get to use it. I think the only other place I've seen it is DS, one mama PM'd me to tell me it was the name of her LO. Many people don't know how to pronounce it -- I like it because it's both unique and ancient.

I liked Amelie and Beckett from your list, too.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #124
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Norah and Noah, I looove those names but our last name starts with an N and I just can't bring myself to do that. I also like the name Oliver but I have an uncle with that name and wouldn't want to use it, because they'd think it was after him which it definitely would NOT be.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #125
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love Ruby, but hubby vetoed it.

Ditto Opal.

He loves Sapphira, but our last name is also three syllables and also starts with S, so I'm on the fence.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #126
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Names I like(d) but DH said no:

Atlas -------------Alice
Atticus -----------Cordelia
Canaan -----------Jayne
Cloud ------------Lenna
Leo ---------------Lolita
Otto --------------Myka
Peter -------------Serenity
Shepherd

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #127
S4r4h
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesslouise
He loves Sapphira, but our last name is also three syllables and also starts with S, so I'm on the fence.
Does his love for it have anything to do with the dragon from Aragon?
Sarah Beth - Mama to Charlie (Charlotte) born 1/12/11 and wife to Jeffery, computer geek extraordinaire. Lover of succulent gardens, live plant aquariums, reading, nature, sunshine, emergency veterinary medicine, and Homer, the best dog in the world.
S4r4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #128
S4r4h
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina
Penelope. DH actually agreed to this name right before informing me that he would call her Pina Lope.

Georgia. FIL would always and forever call her George.

Mercedes. I am still working on this one. It is a family name, with a Mexican pronunciation. DH insists that if I name our baby this, he'll change the boys' names to Ford, Lincon, and Dodge.

Isabella. I loved this name and planned to use it since I was a teenager, but it has gotten sooooo popular recently. Might still use it.

Cecilia. DH just doesn't like it.
I ABSOLUTELY ADORE boy names as nicknames for girls! I actually tried to sell Georgia to DH, but I would want to call her George or Georgie. He didn't get it.

I also love Michael Anne, and call her Mikey, which would be great bc his dad (who died when he was little) was Michael Anthony ... But he thinks it's weird. Whatever.

BTW - my DD's name is Charlotte but we call her Charlie or Chuck.
Sarah Beth - Mama to Charlie (Charlotte) born 1/12/11 and wife to Jeffery, computer geek extraordinaire. Lover of succulent gardens, live plant aquariums, reading, nature, sunshine, emergency veterinary medicine, and Homer, the best dog in the world.
S4r4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #129
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Slightly different, but DP & I had to have the last name talk when she was pregnant...hyphenate or not? In what order? I vetoed changing both of our last names (& last name for DD) to "Supernova". Yes, really. What made it even worse was that DP had my brother on her side, too. I now regret it a little, b/c we went with hyphenating, DP's name first, then mine...I have to say that there were a lot of names we ruled out b/c they didn't go w/ DP's last name, but they would have gone w/ "Supernova" .
When I was pg w/ my DD, my ex wanted me to give DD her last name, and have me keep my own. I said legally, it'd be easier for my name to be in there somewhere. So, then we discussed hyphenation, which I was against, b/c my LN has 6 letters and hers has 14 letters. Not trying to torture my offspring, ya know?

Ultimately, DD has my last name only. And my ex's last name, as a second middle name, which will be dropped entirely as soon as she sends the money to my attorney for it to be dropped.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #130
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The names that I love that DH says no way will we ever use them (but i'm hoping to sneak a few in at least as middle names sometime in the future!):

Girls
Pearl
Bellamy
Phoenix
Paisley
Selah
Blue

Boys
Simon
Ari
Rhian (Ryan)
Everett