Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #21
Darth Hooka
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what baby name were you really wanting to use, but couldn't?

Stella. DH nixed it and I was heart broken. But I love my DDs name, Eva June and she's definitely not a Stella.

Advertisement

Darth Hooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #22
PiecesOfKate
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have always loved Allison for a girl but our last name ends in "son" so we didn't go with it.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #23
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Most of the names I love. My top ones he's nixed:

BOY
Atticus
Jasper (though he did agree to this with #2 who ended up a girl...)
Ewan
Cale

GIRL
Ottilie
Vivian
Versailles (as a mn)
Valentine (as a mn)
Millions more that I can't think of now, lol.

Last edited by JustAugust; 06-09-2011 at 10:39 PM.
JustAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #24
LeslieT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to name DS1 Harris or Carlo; his dad hated them both.

I wanted to name DS2 Hugh; both grandmothers drop the H on that name, so I had to rule it out.

I wanted to name DD Ellery, but DH changed his mind in the last month or so, and I was starting to get annoyed at how many people were asking us if we'd call her Ella, or Ellie, or Elle. And it turns out that those are wildly popular names around here, so I'm glad I got vetoed.
LeslieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #25
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the name Imogen, both ex and DH hate the name and my stupid xSIL said I couldnt use it because her daughters MIDDLE name is Emma Jean and she felt they sound too similar

I have another baby girl name picked out Echo Stargazer that we will never use since we wont be having more kids
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #26
mamayogibear
Registered Users

My Mood:

I really wanted to name my daughter Kassidy or Scarlette after the GratefulDead songs, but my ex named her after a dead friend of his instead... so I wanted to name my son Myrlin after a dead friend of mine, but my ex named him after a mountain instead. Grr... I wish I could fill out the paperwork to name the kids before they were born instead of giving in to what he wants to name them in my exhausted pp state
Old 06-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #27
ArtyMtnMama
Registered Users
seller

Wanted Bluebird as her muddle name but realized it was just a little overly eccentric for a non native American person. Normally I wouldn't care what others thought but picking a name is stressful and I wouldn't want DD to get the comments and looks I got about her name. We went with Annawyn Mae which has just enough whimsy and a nod to our southern roots which I love!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:43 PM   #28
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved so many girl names but have a boy.

For boy names I loved a lot but promised DH he got final pick on a boy name (I would have got final call on girl name)

Sebastian (nn Bastian) DH just didn't like it and it sounded very pretentious as a middle name with what we picked.
Nicholas- but he was my favorite cat so I nixed it
Ash/Asher/Aston- Ashton we did use as a middle name, but I am happy now we didn't go this route none of them really fit DS
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #29
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

Location: Cali Born and Raised But Transplanted To Albany Oregon...
My Mood:

Well with our first son we had Noah picked out, we even were calling him that in the hospital after he was born then in come the dumb MIL and she started to make fun of it and then my ex being the mama's boy we had to change it. We picked Jacob at the spur of the moment and to be honest I don't like the name to much, I still see Noah when I look at him

Then for our second son we picked Giovanni Aiden and we loved it, my ex is Italian and with his last name it worked. We told everyone that was the name and then my stupid ex MIL again started in on it and we then had to change it. I was livid and told my ex that I was not going to change it and his mom was just going to have to deal with it but in the end he won. We were in a battle over Oliver Hayden or Hayden Oliver and we still were not sure when I went in to labor. On the way up to the hospital while I was in transition (like 5 mins from pushing) he got me to agree to Hayden Oliver (his pick) and that was that. I wanted Oliver to be his first name, he even looked like an Oliver but once again the ex won.
Aubree, Proud Mama To 7 Little Hellion's, Wife To My Sexy Baker Tyler Crunchy, Tattooed, Pierced, Dreddy, Baby Wearing, Extended Rear Facing, AP Parenting, Circumcising, No Longer Vaxing, Mama To An Autistic/ADHD Boy And Dam Proud Of It
Aub's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:59 PM   #30
SkyeSpade
Registered Users
seller

DH nixed Rhonin and Wren both. I was pretty bummed. Now we're going to have either a Perrin or a Harper. I don't like them as well, but they're okay.

I also picked out the middle name Ross, which was DH's deceased father's middle name, and he tried to veto that too because we weren't considering his mother's middle name for a girl! I pointed out that none of my family names had come up, so the point was moot.

You win some, you lose some.