Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #41
jethrosmom
Registered
seller

Re: what baby name were you really wanting to use, but couldn't?

I wanted to name my DS Jethro (hence my siggy) because it sounds like such a strong male name but no one in the fam could get past Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies. Also, loved Oliver but DH nixed it...besides it would drive me crazy when people would start calling him Ollie.
...side note...one of my coworkers named his son Ogden and they call him Oggie. I love that ...

Advertisement

jethrosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:43 AM   #42
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wanted to name my DD Violet ...DH hated it! Then I picked Ruby....also nixed by DH! I also wanted to use Rainn as a middle name , i'm a big fan of the Office...but again Dh didn't like it...So we ended up compomising on Lila Olivia
Old 06-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #43
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
Milo. I was never the type of girl to dream about my wedding or my future family, but I did always dream of naming my son Milo. DH wasn't a fan, so it was a no go. But on the bright side, one of the women in my DDC here on DS named her son Milo, which I thought was awesome! And I do love the name we picked for our son, Kelvin. Yes, I really am that much of a nerd that I named my son Kelvin.

Last edited by Janine; 06-10-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:15 AM   #44
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Girls:
Lydia
Christiana

Boys:
Eli

I wish we had named our last DD Christiana. That's my sisters name and my DD was born on her Birthday.I've always loved the name. My brother asked me to please not use it, he wanted to name his DD that. He is very close to that sis so I agreed. They got pregnant the next month and are now using Lydia.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:15 AM   #45
rachelmaria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAugust View Post
Most of the names I love. My top ones he's nixed:

BOY
Atticus
Jasper (though he did agree to this with #2 who ended up a girl...)
Ewan
Cale

GIRL
Ottilie
Vivian
Versailles (as a mn)
Valentine (as a mn)
Millions more that I can't think of now, lol.
I am soooooooooooo having an Atticus, despite what SO thinks. Boy, I tell you what! This thread confirms that men really do have no taste in just about anything. Yall are coming up with all these fantastic names, only to see your ideas be dashed by the ol' ball and chain.

Am I the only one that thinks that if I push it out and do MOST of the work (I had a less than thrilling pregnancy - to say the least! ) that my vote counts for way more than 50%?!?!? When my SO pushes a baby head out his hoo-ha and tears from here to kingdom come and gets a million stitches, he can have that privilege.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #46
rachelmaria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
Milo. I was never the type of girl to dream about my wedding or my future family, but I did always dream of naming my son Milo. DH wasn't a fan, so it was a no go. But on the bright side, one of the women in my DDC here on DS named her son Milo, which I thought was awesome! And I do love the name we picked for our son, Kelvin. Yes, I really am that much of a nerd that I named my son Kelvin.
Yes, yes you are.

Milo was also on my list.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #47
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

I really like Norah and Adah for this baby. But our last name starts with N so I am trying to stay away from N names, and my DD is named Aden so that would just be silly

Last time for a boy I liked Oliver...I had a whole list of awesome names and DH vetoed all of them that is why I'm getting my way this time around no matter what he says
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #48
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelmaria View Post
I am soooooooooooo having an Atticus, despite what SO thinks. Boy, I tell you what! This thread confirms that men really do have no taste in just about anything. Yall are coming up with all these fantastic names, only to see your ideas be dashed by the ol' ball and chain.

Am I the only one that thinks that if I push it out and do MOST of the work (I had a less than thrilling pregnancy - to say the least! ) that my vote counts for way more than 50%?!?!? When my SO pushes a baby head out his hoo-ha and tears from here to kingdom come and gets a million stitches, he can have that privilege.
If I had another boy he would have been Atticus But she's a girl!
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #49
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love
Evan (hubs dislikes it)
Benjamin (hubs dislikes it)
Hunter (cousin had a child first)
Vivian (hubs HATES it)
Margaret (hubs again)
Charlotte (hubs has an aunt that passed in her childhood)
Piper (hubs hates it)
Natalie (cousin with that name)

My husband is super picky. We had a devil of a time choosing our boys names. This time we are fighting already at 16 wks. We don't even know the gender yet.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #50
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

We really loved the names Astrid and Isolde for this child if a girl. This is our last baby though, and he's a boy.