Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
Shawkins930
Registered Users

I think my cloth diapering days are over

I have cloth diapers my two year old since birth with just two breaks, one for moving and one for yeast. I just had a baby boy in April. He was in cloth for about a week when yeast struck again. My daughter also got a yeast rash shortly after. So two kids and no cloth for the last 3 or so months. I'm in serious mourning because we have been treating the rashes but they just don't seem to want to go away. There will be no visible signs but if they are left in even a sposie for too long the spots come back. I am going to wait until August 31 to make the final decision but I think my cloth diapering days are done. It makes me so sad. Any thoughts or encouragement mamas?

Advertisement

Shawkins930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:28 PM   #2
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: I think my cloth diapering days are over

The kids need to be treated with prescription cream, the diapers need to be treated with bleach in every wash load for a full week after the infection has cleared, and I would give probiotics to the kids as well. If the spots keep coming back after all that, I would question if it is actually yeast or some kind of excema that looks like yeast.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Have you taken them to your pediatrician? They need Nystatin cream for sure and bleach diapers like Melinda said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:38 PM   #4
Shawkins930
Registered Users

Kids have been treated so have diapers. Everyone is on probiotics. I'm really at my wits end because it just doesn't want to go away! My son was even on an oral anti fungal.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:47 PM   #5
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawkins930 View Post
Kids have been treated so have diapers. Everyone is on probiotics. I'm really at my wits end because it just doesn't want to go away! My son was even on an oral anti fungal.
Then it's not yeast . Excema, dermatitis, something else. But if the rash has been treated for yeast and yet it is still there, then it's not yeast. Simply being in a diaper for "too long" won't cause a yeast rash, because it's a systemic infection.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #6
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is it an allergy? Mine would get rashes from wheat, peanuts, tomatoes and grapes. Thankfully, he seems to be out-growing it now. I know yours is young, so he probably isn't eating, but could be reacting to your diet maybe?

My second, for the first few months of his life, would get a bit fussy if I ate wheat.

Anyways, hope you find some answer!
Follower of Jesus Christ, blessed and cherished wife to the most wonderful man, and happy, stay-at-home mama to our precious Christmas gifts L (2012) and J (2014) and waiting the arrival of our springtime blessing!
Blessedmama777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #7
tikimont
Registered Users
seller

I have had success with using the oil from garlic gel capsules for treatment of yeast infections on my little one. We also moved to natural fiber fitteds and wool. It allowed for more airflow.
tikimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #8
Shawkins930
Registered Users

Hey mamas! Thanks for the tips. Going to try the garlic oil. My diet is pretty bland as I am on an anti candida diet just in case.
Now my four year old seems to be itchy in his bum area. The only thing that I can think of is that I wipe him after he goes poo poo. Could I be spreading it to all my children? Has anyone ever heard of this or is it maybe just coincidence?
Old 08-05-2015, 10:18 AM   #9
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

You can if your wipes are not treated well. I have issues with yeast infections and we use family cloth. Never spread it to any of the family. I do add a bit of bleach to each load. Just 1/8 of a cup I think. Maybe a tad more. Also dry thoroughly in the dryer. It helps to kill yeast which does not tolerate high temps well.

If you put vinegar in the kids baths it can help with the symptoms.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:29 AM   #10
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post

Simply being in a diaper for "too long" won't cause a yeast rash, because it's a systemic infection.
Actually that's not true. Yeast occurs naturally on skin and is kept in check by good bacteria. Certainly things, like warm moist dark environments provide yeast with prime opportunity to over grow.

((Jamie: mom to five & Baby W due 01/10/16! Domestic diva, in love with my firefighter. Sent from my Droid Maxx.
*My posts are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice*))
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote