Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #131
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: The No Stink, No Complications Laundry Solution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOmom View Post
So I've never had the nerve to breathe a word of this on diaperswappers or even to try it myself but according to Consumer Reports the idea that fabric softeners leave towels (or diapers for that matter) less absorbant is only true for certain fabric softeners not all! Does the emperor have no clothes?

http://174.129.132.250/home/2008/03/...-softener.html
Thanks for this I'm fully aware that not all or even most FS affect assorbancy like often claimed but I wasn't positive on which. I've used the generic cuddle stuff before and it deffiently affects assorbancy but I've used touches of downey before with far less of an issue. I prfer plant based though.

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #132
March
Registered Users
seller

Tide delaminated the six diapers I tested it with after three days. *shrug*
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #133
Teahya&nikolais_mommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooah_momma

I've heard many say they bleach everything with no issues. I think Bum Genius even says on the tag to bleach once in a while. I try not to bleach the diaper itself all the time, because I have a suspicion that it might wear out the PUL and elastic faster, but that's just my superstition. Once in a while when it needs it shouldn't hurt it, especially the Bum Genius because they recommend it. I tend to bleach the inserts a lot more often than the diaper itself though.
Thank you I tried it today & everything turned out great!! No more stink yaya I'm so glad I found this site in my phones app store lol
Amanda : , baby wearing, non circing SHAM to Teahya::6-4-08 and Nikolai4-22-10 andwith #3 Markus Anthony and #4 Marius asher
Teahya&nikolais_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #134
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
Tide delaminated the six diapers I tested it with after three days. *shrug*
there is nothing about tide that would cause that... I have no idea why a cover would delaminate other than eaither it was deffective or at its end anyways. I know I've used tide for a long long time (and other detergents) I've dried high heat even all night long back when we had crappy dryer that would burn the clothes cuse it never shut off I've bleached soaked line dried ect and never ever have I had PUL delaminate.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #135
FulHouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just want to mention here that most commercial fabric softeners are neurotoxic, especially to children and babies. You can research this yourself on google. Really, clean laundry does not need these toxins. There are some natural ways to soften laundry, and even unsoftened laundry is still clean and fresh.
FulHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #136
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
there is nothing about tide that would cause that... I have no idea why a cover would delaminate other than eaither it was deffective or at its end anyways. I know I've used tide for a long long time (and other detergents) I've dried high heat even all night long back when we had crappy dryer that would burn the clothes cuse it never shut off I've bleached soaked line dried ect and never ever have I had PUL delaminate.
It was ONLY those six diapers, and the ONLY change I made when I washed them was that I used Tide for them and Allen's on the rest. I was never satisfied with Allen's, which is why I experimented with Tide and knew enough to only experiment with a fraction of my stash.

For me, Charlie's Soap + Charlie's Laundry Booster (potassium diphosphate) when the water is hard (as it is right now because we're in the midst of a drought) does the trick. Tide gave me build-up after one use and delaminated those diapers after three uses. Other diapers from the same lot are still going strong.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:28 AM   #137
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
I would call the manufacturer of the diaper if it suddenly delaminated as opposed to gradually wearing out with use. That's not right and you should get it replaced or refunded. Even if something you did in the laundry had something to do with it, that's just not right. And it's not common either so it could be a defect and should be looked into with the manufacturer.
SugarBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #138
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulHouse View Post
I just want to mention here that most commercial fabric softeners are neurotoxic, especially to children and babies. You can research this yourself on google. Really, clean laundry does not need these toxins. There are some natural ways to soften laundry, and even unsoftened laundry is still clean and fresh.
I've hard about this. It scares me to death. Something else to worry about.
SugarBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 AM   #139
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooah_momma View Post
I would call the manufacturer of the diaper if it suddenly delaminated as opposed to gradually wearing out with use. That's not right and you should get it replaced or refunded. Even if something you did in the laundry had something to do with it, that's just not right. And it's not common either so it could be a defect and should be looked into with the manufacturer.
They were replaced by the mfg within two days.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #140
jenny3AZbabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This rocks