Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The No Stink, No Complications Laundry Solution!

Amen!! Thank you!

Advertisement

todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
days_fly_by
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimA View Post
The problem with this is that clothing and diapers can be made out of different materials and not every laundry detergent is safe to use on diapers.
Um, yes, they are. That's one of the points the OP was trying to make, I believe. Just wash them. You don't have to buy this specialty "CD safe" crap to "safely" wash your diapers. It's BS. If some diaper company is going to try to intimidate you (*cough* cottonbabies *cough*) into ONLY using a "CD safe" detergent by telling you anything else will void your warranty, just don't cop to it if you need to make a return for whatever reason. I swear to you that washing in Tide isn't responsible for whatever is wrong with the dipe and they aren't going to test the diaper to figure out what it's been washed in ANYways. It's on the honor system. Is it wrong to lie about it? Not so much. They lied to you in the first place by telling you only "CD safe" detergents were safe to use on diapers. Right? Right.

Last edited by TJR2119; 06-11-2011 at 11:10 AM.
days_fly_by is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #13
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

When I started I waisted a lot of money, DDs had rashes, ammonia and other stink trying to follow the rules. Sinse I started using a lot of detegent, non cd safe we have had no rashes, no ammonia and I have not ruined one single diaper yet _ pul, tpu, bambo, hemp and cotton all included. Even if they are slowly wearing out a little faster it's a small price to pay for fresh diapers on my DDs rash free bums imho.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #14
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just wish someone would do away with those stupid "CD-Safe" detergent lists at Pinstripes & Polka Dots and the other place- I forgot where the other list is- because they're perpetuating the "special detergent" myth. If I had a quarter for every post I saw by a newbie recommending those lists...
IMO, the ONLY thing those lists are good for is for people who are mostly concerned about voiding their diapers' warranty.
jessnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #15
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and also, has anyone else seen the posts from people who were told by CD store owners and/or consignment shop owners that commercial detergents actually RUIN diapers?! Build-up on synthetics occasionally, maybe. Ruin? No.
jessnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #16
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is exactly what I do. We use family wipes too and never have any trouble.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #17
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

A few months ago I read the washing instructions for RARs. They say use whatever to get them clean basically. They even suggest using a detegent like tide with enzymes. I haven't yet but am tempted to try them just because I won't be voiding the warranty with the way I wash. Even though I haven't really wortied about that anyway.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
madiganandpupsmom
Registered Users
seller

thank you for this. I think you're right. before stupid Tide Ultra came out, I was doing great as a newbie for a year and a half just using tide. Then I got "worried" about the CD safe hype and started trying all these "safe" detergents. My dipes have never been stinkier and all of the time, energy, money, and extra washing and all the stripping I had to do to bring them back to normal definitely voided any so-called warranty!
madiganandpupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #19
firsttimeclothmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

As a newbie who will be cloth diapering for the first time this summer, posts like this can certainly be reassuring.

On the other hand, every baby reacts differently. And I think the frustration lies in those who DO experience rashes and sensitivity issues, plus odors.

The more people 'play' to find the right combo, the more harm people might fear they will be doing than good, and the longer it will take to correct itself. But if the first 1, 2 or 10 detergents don't work (regardless of if they're "CD safe" or not) the frustration has to mount.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #20
firsttimeclothmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

sorry - double post...

Last edited by firsttimeclothmomma; 06-10-2011 at 01:15 PM.
firsttimeclothmomma is offline   Reply With Quote