Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #211
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The No Stink, No Complications Laundry Solution!

I have gone through this thread 2X and can find if it was rlr or rng that was essentially washing soda??? Anyone remember? Sorry!!!

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #212
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmm I did a thread search for "soda" and couldn't find it either. But Alioop over on the "Lets talk about detergent..." thread should know.
SugarBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #213
AndeeL
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9
I have gone through this thread 2X and can find if it was rlr or rng that was essentially washing soda??? Anyone remember? Sorry!!!
Rlr! I remember her saying it was just fancy washing soda.
AndeeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #214
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndeeL View Post
Rlr! I remember her saying it was just fancy washing soda.
Thanks!!!!!!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #215
MKS657
Registered Users

This is good info to know. TY! Im expecting my 3rd child & DH & i will be CDing for the 1st time... I went & bought a box of "special CD detergent" & found it to be super pricey! I wish i would have seen this thread a week ago, but then again i didnt discover this website til' a few days ago. Lol. My question is, how much detergent can i use? Can i wash my CDs as if i was washing regular clothes? Or do i have to use a tablespoon or 2 only?--- just reread post... It says to use what the box recommends. Lol. Adduh me.

**And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. ~Hebrews 11:6 NLT

Last edited by MKS657; 06-30-2011 at 10:04 PM.
MKS657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:54 AM   #216
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS657 View Post
This is good info to know. TY! Im expecting my 3rd child & DH & i will be CDing for the 1st time... I went & bought a box of "special CD detergent" & found it to be super pricey! I wish i would have seen this thread a week ago, but then again i didnt discover this website til' a few days ago. Lol. My question is, how much detergent can i use? Can i wash my CDs as if i was washing regular clothes? Or do i have to use a tablespoon or 2 only?--- just reread post... It says to use what the box recommends. Lol. Adduh me.

**And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. ~Hebrews 11:6 NLT

My thing is to go with the recommended amount on the box/bottle for load size and adjust from there if you notice problems. If you think after a while you're noticing build up problems, you can strip your diapers and use less detergent. For those that are worried about buildup though and want to follow the CD "rules" to prevent it, using a smaller amount is fine, IMO, but the thing that is important to keep in mind is that if your diapers start to stink after being washed, the culprit is probably the 1tbs, and the diapers just need more detergent to get clean.
SugarBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #217
TiStampsUp
Registered Users
seller

Thank you! THank you! Thank you! I have been scared sh!tless when it comes to washing CDs! *only* use RnG! *only* use 2 tablespoons! It does not work!

My washer is virbrating with a load of cloth diapers and TIDE in it!
Old 07-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #218
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

I found this thread days after I gave up using "half the amount recommended" and started using what my all f&c recommends. No stinky ammonia! I just wish this wasn't so complicated so more people would cd. But I guess everyone needs to make money and telling people that their product works best is how they do it. Thanks corporate america .
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #219
kaleyshae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely taking the deep breath you've recommended! My diapers just plain stink. Always. And there is almost never even any poop in the pail! I have an EBF'er that poops every 14ish days and an almost 3-year-old that only wears cloths at night for pee. My dipes smell like ammonia and swamp. I'm using real detergent TOMORROW! I don't have Tide though, can I use Gain?

Thank you for this, I seriously want to cry this made me feel so relieved!
kaleyshae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #220
echoesofspring
Registered Users

Thank you!
I came here this evening looking for a solution to the stinkies we're getting with our diapers (smell fine out of the washer, but stink as soon as he pees on them). Someone had suggested some special funk out thing by RnG, but I was hesitatant to buy yet another expensive CD-ing accessory. I'm going to try our regular detergent instead....
echoesofspring is offline   Reply With Quote