Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #391
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The No Stink, No Complications Laundry Solution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycat42 View Post
Love it!!
I use a giant scoop of tide in every wash with a good amount of bleach and I throw in a handful of arm and hammer washing soda. I wait waaaay too long to wash my diapers usually about a week and I have never had stains or stinkies.
So refreshing to see a moma treating dipes for what they are.
They arn't to be baby'd! Get them good and clean! You go girl!!!

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #392
ac571c
Registered Users

Well I am going to try the more detergent instead of less detergent method out! It can't to try because I am tired of doing 6 rinse cycles to try to get the diapers clean smelling!
ac571c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #393
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

bump
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 01-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #394
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wonder why everyone is SO SCARED of bubbles soap = bubbles, no?

I wash with tide andI have bubbles in my wash, but I don't care, and I have never ever had my diapers repel, no stains, no stink, no ammoia, , no rashes no problems..... I even have a baounce bar in my dryer at all times!! And I use every type of diaper out there!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #395
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren420 View Post
I just wonder why everyone is SO SCARED of bubbles soap = bubbles, no?

I wash with tide andI have bubbles in my wash, but I don't care, and I have never ever had my diapers repel, no stains, no stink, no ammoia, , no rashes no problems..... I even have a baounce bar in my dryer at all times!! And I use every type of diaper out there!!!
Me too!
I have rescently came out of the closet about my snuggle secret, lol. I have used it in every load of my natural fiber dipes since we started, just like the bleach and tide. No troubles here!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #396
ginger846
Registered Users

I'm glad I read this post I have been cd for about 2 months and I was starting to get stink I'm going to use more soap and some bleach on my next load.
ginger846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #397
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger846 View Post
I'm glad I read this post I have been cd for about 2 months and I was starting to get stink I'm going to use more soap and some bleach on my next load.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #398
RachelC
Registered Users
seller

In response to the person who said that Tide gets rid of stinkies by virtue of it being scented, that's just not true. It's totally possible to smell stink through scented detergents. The reason Tide gets rid of the stink has nothing to do with the scent; it has to do with germ-killing enzymes that natural, CD-friendly detergents don't have. My DS had terrible reactions to the bacteria in his diapers that "CD-friendly" detergents weren't washing out. I switched to Tide and his skin got clear. Clearly, the bacteria itself had been killed, not just disguised in scent. Plenty of other mamas have similar stories of ammonia burns, rashes, etc. that were caused by bacteria. If all Tide does is cover up scents, then how can you explain that Tide, or some other commercial detergent, fixed the rash issue for many of those kids too?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #399
MrsA08
Registered Users
seller

Just gonna jump in here and say how much I love Tide and don't know what I would do without it. I tried 3 different CD friendly detergents and they either gave my DD a horrible rash (Charlies) or didn't get rid of the stink, especially ammonia. I found the original Tide on clearance at Big Lots last summer and bought 15 boxes, hopefully enough to get me through CDing! I don't know what I will do if I run out!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #400
mom24princes
Registered Users
seller

thanks for the tips
mom24princes is offline   Reply With Quote