Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #411
kia_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The No Stink, No Complications Laundry Solution!

good info momma!
But I'll never buy another front loader! I think our old chrome covered 1970s Maytag Washer cleaned circles around my new fancy front loader regardless of what Consumer Reports says! Ha!

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #412
babylatch
Registered Users
seller

I'm a newbie FTM due in April. I decided to cut the crap and start with Tide. No way I'm going through that head ache. I've read too many reviews of mamas pulling their hair out using 10 different detergents only to end up using tide.
babylatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #413
kristen121
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for this. When I first started CDing, I used either Purex Free and Clear or Tide, depending on what I could get the best deal on. I didn't have any problems, but got caught up in the "CD safe" detergent hype and switched to RnG. I haven't had problem with RnG, but I am sick of having to order it in advance, paying more money, etc. I decided after reading your post that after my RnG is gone, I am just going to use whatever detergent I have on hand and am using on the rest of our laundry.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #414
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama View Post
I actually whispered that I use Tide when I was at a cloth diaper store. It was a mommy/baby get together and someone was saying they needed to buy more RnG but then said how frustrated they were with their 3 hour wash routine that still didn't get the dipes clean. I said "I'm a bad CD'ing mom, but I use Tide now and I love it!" The mama decided to give it a try and loves it too! She is very green but decided a little bit of Tide and ONE wash is better than a natural detergent and masses of extra water. It still is taboo among newbie cloth users because they're still brain washed just like I used to be. (I kid of course )

This seriously bothers me. How the CD companies have all the new to cloth momas terrified their diapers will self distruct if not washed "this way", like they are delicates or some garbage! I tell ya what, if I can't use a heavy duity trie and true detergent like tide with it'e enzymes and such with some bleach then the dipes just arn't worth the money. If they are so fragile you need delicate and special care and detergents, they arn't worth poo. Our lo's poo and pee in these things saturating them in filth. hey need to be washer acordingly! get the suckers clean, but keep it simple and use some commen since. The cd companies are just scaring momas away and causing stink problems with all the warrenty/special detergent lies. Someone linked a pdf report by some chemist that did a paper for cotton babies i believe. I had no way to link it sadly. he siad enzymes will have NO effect on the diapers, just may cause a rash for a very few. they still stick with no enzymes crud?! Get real!

I do a 27 min quickwash cycle to get the poo off and rinse some of the pee out. I only wipe out poo and the washer does the rest.
I do a sanitary cycle with 1/4 cup bleach and tide. Then I'm DONE.
They get tossed in the dryer on HIGH heat for 60 min nd that's it.
I have a he fl'er and never had a hint of odor. I bleach every load, always have and will.

I even add reg fabrib softner to my natural fiber dipes, like my towels, there is no change in absorbency. Never an odor, nada. I have had many of the dipes we started with almost 7 yrs ago and never a problem from bleach, tide, or softner. I do only use the watery softner though, snuggle. Downey is really thick and make sme nervious.

Just my
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #415
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I'm loving this thread.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #416
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bump!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #417
jessicargrimes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bump for newbies
jessicargrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #418
editrix
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes! I am always trying to spread this message--they're diapers, for crying out loud. They do heavy-duty (or should I say doody? lol) work and they get heavy-duty laundering. I mean, think of what you're washing! I once told someone that you'll find people online who will have the most complicated wash routines, like "full cold wash cycle with the faintest whisper of soap, followed by a hot wash with 1.47 tsp of Rockin' Green, then five cold rinses: one with vinegar, one with unicorn fart, and one with pixie dust, then two with nothing" but all you need to do is use a normal amount of detergent in a hot wash, and 9 times out of 10, you'll be okay.
editrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #419
kristen121
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

After being inspired by this thread, I've been washing in Dreft (horror!) for the past month or so and guess what? My diapers didn't fall apart/stop absorbing/spontaneously burst into flames. They look and smell great.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #420
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylatch View Post
I'm a newbie FTM due in April. I decided to cut the crap and start with Tide. No way I'm going through that head ache. I've read too many reviews of mamas pulling their hair out using 10 different detergents only to end up using tide.
Where's the LIKE button?!
SugarBooger is offline   Reply With Quote