Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
stroller or not?

I am on the fence about taking a stroller with us on our upcoming trip. We are flying, but only taking the youngest kiddo thankfully. I generally prefer babywearing while flying, but I am wondering if taking a stroller makes more sense. We are going to a beach destination, and staying in an all inclusive resort, and I can't decide if I'm going to want a stroller to use there. Part of me thinks I might regret not having a stroller since it will be really hot and babywearing might make both of us miserable, but I also know how much of a pain it is to juggle a kid, your carry-on items, and a stroller when going through security at the airport. What are your thoughts?

Advertisement

cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think we are going to ditch the stroller this trip. I feel like the last few times we had it it was more of a too small luggage cart. Though I had thought it might be useful for shlepping the car seat. Hmmm dh says we should just bungee the car seat to a suitcase which I think might work.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would take it. You can use it as a luggage cart in the airport, and yes, you will appreciate it to get baby out of the sun in the afternoon if you do other things.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: stroller or not?

I did two weeks in Europe and never missed a stroller, but I almost never use mine at home. If you use it a lot at home take it, but otherwise it's doubtful you will need it.

For the airport in my opinion BW is so much easier. At the beach you won't want the stroller since it will just get dirty and not work on the sand. Walking the resort you can go either way, but for pools and stuff you wouldn't probably use it. I say look at your activity list and see where you might or might not use it and go from there. Have fun!
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am not a big stroller girl. Well I like to buy them but not use them much to DH's chagrin. I have had to fly with lots of littles so I do take a stroller and wear the littlest. Just don't take your favorite expensive ride because gate checking can be hit or miss as far as damage.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

BW in a airport is wayyy easier but you may both get a bit toasty while your at the beach. I would bring it. The only time I found it a pain while flying was at the gate trying lug it up on the rack. There are usually people there that will offer to help with that though. People are wayy nicer and wayyy more helpful when you have a small child
Old 06-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would take, but then I use mine a lot at home. I'm thinking if you have layovers the stroller might be helpful- you'll be able to let baby stretch out some without setting them in who knows what that is laying around the airport. In the 20 flights i have taken- only 2 didn't have delays. One I spent 3 hours waiting in the airport. You can use it to cart luggage and then for baby if you need it. Its gives you another option.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #8
Ambystoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would take it for the trip but BW in the airport. I think all airlines let you check strollers and carseats for free so you wouldn't have to carry it in the airport.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I would take it, if only to carry bags of stuff.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #10
keysersoze
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Before you decide, why not contact your resort and find out if they have strollers there that you can borrow/rent? If they do, you won't need yours.