Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2011, 03:42 AM   #1
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Any mamas interested in helping me with establishing a routine?

I have been struggling with PPD, and many times not taking care of myself, the things that need to be done. I do not neglect the baby by any meany, but I am not giving him the best and things need to change

I want to set up a route, a very rough outline. Not set times, but more of a guide to get me through the day encourage me to get up and out of bed, get things done for me, my home and my baby.

I lean towards attachment parenting, by no means do I plan to say my baby has to eat at set time, ect, really just an outline.

This is what I came up with. I was hoping some moms who have well established daily routines could lend me some feedback. It would be much appreciated. I do not want to set my self up to fail, but I need to motivate myself.

Only a few items have set times, do to working around dh's work schedule, and obviously things like nursing or diaper changes will be done anytime needed lol

6:00 wake up, nurse diaper change (sposie until we get our night time cloth, and he poops every morning)

6:30 breakfast as family

back to bed with DS, cuddle, check online

diaper change to cloth

nurse

baby's morning routine and dressing, with baby mozart wake up music mommy shower and get dressed while baby plays on play mat

Baby morning nap in living room bassinet with lulliby cd, mommy housework or hobby time

diaper change, nurse

Mommy and baby Lunch

Lunch clean up and Dinner prep with baby inn Ergo

diaper change, daily 1 hour walk which transition to nap in the baby buggy

nurse, mommy and baby play time with nursery rhythms cds

diaper change, baby alone playtime (jumperoo, excersaucer, ect), mommy watch a show

5:00 prepare dinner baby in Ergo

5:30 dinner

dinner clean up, nurse, diaper change, then daddy and baby time, Mommy housework

7:30 Baby Bedtime routine, quick nurse, diaper change, baby to bed in crib, meditation music

Personal time, prep for tommorow

9:30 Into bedroom read for a while, bring baby to bed

10:30 Bedtime

Is this a good guide for the day, over the top not doable? What works for you? Or even share what your day looks like. I would love to see.

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

Re: Any mamas interested in helping me with establishing a routine?

looks like a good schedule to me

My day looks like this. Keep in mind that my guys are 14 months old.

0645: babies wake up. I change their diapers. They scamper off to play with toys. I make coffee for myself and read the morning paper (the babies don't like to eat right away) I give the boys their water and juice in sippy cups

0730: baby breakfast. Read a few board books. Then they scamper off to play while I do some chores

0900: snack time. Babies then scamper off to play

1030: Boys get whole milk and then go down for a nap. I either nap with them or spend time online/watching tv/relaxing

1230-1300: boys wake up. Change diapers. They go play while I prepare their lunches.
They eat their lunch and then play.

1400: snack time. Then they play

1530: I give them whole milk and then put them in their stroller for a two hour walk around base housing (it's a big area with wooded areas). They like to look around and nap while I walk.

1730: Get back from walk. Change their diapers and they play while I make dinner

1800: We eat dinner as a family. Once boys are done eating, they play.

1900: bath time. After baths, they get a snack

2030: Read books, whole milk and bedtime.

When they go to sleep I do chores I can't do with them hanging around like mopping, taking out the trash, loading and unloading dishwasher, etc. Me and DH hang out and I surf the net.

I don't know if it's because my guys were preemies, but they are really set in their routine and let me know if I'm late on anything
Old 06-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #3
Rugbyfan
Registered Users
seller

This looks good to me! Something for you to consider is setting up a weekly get together with a friend orlooking into a local moms group (MOMS Club international has chapters all over) it's the best thing I ever did. I would pick one or two activities a week to go to and I would host something a couple times a month so my house had to get clean lol! Your baby needs your love and attention but you need adult conversation too!
Rugbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Yep. I agree. I had been thinking that 1 day a week we would go out somewhere be it an outdoor market, or the library. We have to go to another city but I can take the train if I put him in the ergo.

I have 1 mom I walk with once a week, but I want to try and get more activities with adults. Also considering some mommy and baby type classes.

Most people I know in Germany live far away and not much international activity in our area. There is an exapt group, but their event times are not very family friendly and usually involved costly retaurants
Old 06-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Looks good to me. Obviously all our babies function on different internal rhythms. My oldest spectrum child has hardly slept since birth (at the time we didn't understand why) so I've had to learn to operate around his 5 am wake-up and infancy 9 pm bedtime (with only one nap - yes, I battled exhaustion if not depression his first two years). Now, thankfully, we've got him headed to bed around 6:30pm but can't seem to get him to sleep past 5:30am.

I can't say much for schedule (once DD was thrown in, I was operating on two little biorhythms), but I can say this: while I feed on demand, change as needed, and use attachment methods for comfort, I have learned that I need to prioritize tidbits of "me time" each day. If I take too long in the morning to change and wash my face; if I go too many days without a shower; if I only visit DS for FSOT purposes rather than interacting (or actually take time to really write friends on FB instead of simply the doing status posts) ... if I never sit down to just read a book or release my creative side, then I'm going to begin the spiral again. It doesn't necessarily have the same pattern each day (we all find what works for us). We do eat on a schedule, but that's about it.

Anyways, I don't know if that made sense at all, but all being said ... I like the fact that your schedule includes "you time."
I also think your PPD might have as much to do with a sense of isolation as hormones. I know a lot of military moms even here in the states who battle exaggerated and extended baby blues because they suddenly feel so uprooted from their home and support network - with a new little life dependent on them. Like the other mama said, I'd definitely put feelers out for international mothering groups (MOPS International is another one.)
Old 06-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was *just* pondering this myself, last night! I have 3 little guys at home--5 and 2 yr old twins, and am expecting another in October. I need to get on a routine ASAP so that by the time Avery is born, the other kids have it down.

The ONLY thing consistent in our lives is naptime. It doesn't help that DH works different shifts throughout the week... it screws with things! GL with everything. I know *all* about PPD. I think I may have a touch of it again already, along with just being kind of down about general life. My twins are super clingy and cause lots of mischief and it gets to be a little much to handle some days.
Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
purpledayz
Registered Users

The main issue I had was feeling overwhelmed by everything that had to be done. I made up a chore chart of sorts for myself so I could check off what I accomplished and feel better about getting something done. It also helped DH understand that I was doing something and just how much had to be done. He also started picking up groceries at the commissary on his way home so I didn't have to worry about making a big trip out.

DS being a preemie who hated to eat and me EP'ing had us on a crazy strict schedule. I honestly don't think I really felt better until there was finally no more schedule. But I understand that some people feel better on one.

FB is an awesome tool for military spouses. A really good friend of mine is in Guam and yet I still get to hear about her day and her kids almost every day. We also get to chat a couple of time a week. My family never knows when is a good time to call because of napping cranky baby and DH's schedule, so we FB a lot of info too.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

I agree with Rugbyfan. I actually hold a weekly playgroup at my house- I started it when the twins were younger because it was easier to have people come to me than lug the boys and my pump somewhere. It really did help me maintain a cleaner home and it was nice to just be able to hang out with other moms and compare notes
Old 06-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #9
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I don't know many people in the area to invite over unfortunately. I have a few moms from my birthing course but other then that no contact to anyone else in the area. The few people from my integration course I hardly have any more contact to. We are not with the military so no luck on those resources, and not any international moms groups in our area, closest seems ot be frankfurt over an hour away :/
Old 06-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
Ambystoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The best thing for me when DS was small (and really still for both of us) was getting out of the house every day. My PPD sounds like it was similar to yours, and just being able to go out, in the sun, feeling like I had a day activity and wasn't in the house all day really helped. A trip to the park, walk down the street, to Target, or even a short drive helped me out.