Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Update in #10, gave DS the new frog: Replaced my DS1's old lovie.. pictures...

Ok, DS1 will be six in about a week. The month before he turned one, we "built" a stuffed frog for him. He took to Frog IMMEDIATELY.. Frog went EVERYWHERE with us. Now, at almost 6 yrs old..he still sleeps with Frog, and Frog still occasionally goes places with us. Frog has been washed, drug through dirt, peed on, chewed on, scratched (DS's "comfort" action is to scratch Frog's tummy as he's falling asleep)...we've added snaps to the "secret compartment" on Frog's back because the velcro just didn't stick anymore..... Well, you get the idea.

So I decided that I would get a replacement. I had to look EVERYWHERE for a replacement (as Frog was the 2001 model). I FINALLY found one on Ebay and I CANNOT believe the great "like new condition" this new frog is in. Thought I'd show you comparative pictures. LOL

Frog #1:

Frog #2:

Our kids love their lovies

God bless!

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 06-12-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Replaced my 5 (soon to be 6) yr old's lovie.. pictures...

lol that is hilarious.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:06 AM   #3
fergiesgirl86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

how did he take to it?
Old 06-12-2011, 06:32 AM   #4
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

That is one used froggie! Hope you DS likes the replacement
Old 06-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
abaigeal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's funny. We have 4 "Booboos" a stuffed cat by TY it's one of their plushies I think. They have been redesigned with plastic eyes instead of sewn on eyes so we had to do some searching to find extras. We rotate them ever so often so that they wear evenly. She usually has no clue but sometimes she will say he's clean (cause we usually use the wash excuse to get him away from here). My mom jokes that she will get all 4 of them on her 18th bday. The things we do for our kids!

Wildtree consultant-feed your family healthier
http://www.mywildtree.com/abbycravillion/
abaigeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
mommyfrog
Registered Users

LOL. My youngest has a monkey like that. The poor thing looks terrible. It has almost no fur on the ears because he rubs them when he goes to sleep, it has fingernail polish spilled on it, and some repaired holes. We found another one just like it at a thrift store somebody had in a collection, so not played with. He named it Frankie and then said it's a girl because it is clean and pretty!! I should take a comparison pic too.

ETA: I know what you mean about the sewn and plastic eyes on Ty Beanie Babies. His original monkey, DeeDee (boy!!), has plastic eyes. The first spare I found him, Oscar (how he said imposter which is what the big kids were calling him), has sewn eyes and he wasn't impressed with that. The third one, Frankie, has plastic eyes. I just remembered the monkey's real name is Dangles.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)

Last edited by mommyfrog; 06-12-2011 at 07:49 AM.
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
dublinmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is a well loved frog! Glad you were able to find an extra! We had a stuffed dog lovie when my oldest was small that got lost in one of our moves and I've still never found another 5 years later.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #8
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought an extra lovey when we thought Dd had lost hers, she figured it out and now drags two lovey about That didn't work.
That poor froggy looks very well loved, Ds loved his clown cow thing to threads, I kept sewing it up but the seams were so worn. Eventually I persuaded him to put him in the closet to be safe, Ds was 7, now he's 17 and MooMoo is still sitting on his shelf safe.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #9
Ccubed
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow it doesn't even look like the same frog! Very well loved indeed. I actually still have a teddy bear I've had since I was 2...well loved as well. I've taken 'baby bear' (ahhh...so creative with the name) with me all over the world..now it's in DD's room on a shelf. I'm glad I never lost it...getting doubles or even tripples seems like a good plan.

Happy to be here!
Ccubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #10
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I forgot to mention that "old" frog has had the stuffing replaced twice, I've sewn up several holes, and (and you can't tell this from the first picture) one eye was missing, and the other looked like poor frog had cataracts on it. HAHAHAHA I went to a craft store and bought new eyes for old frog.

So we gave C new Frog today. He LOVED it. He complained that new frog was too squishy, so we took it to Build-A-Bear and they were kind enough to add some stuffing for us. When I asked C if the frog was sufficiently stuffed, he held him, and SCRATCHED FROGS TUMMY before saying "Yeah, it's good."

He also said that N (DS2) could have old frog. I thought N would complain..but instead he was totally thrilled!!!!! He carried that frog around all day, patting his back, rubbing his tummy, hugging it, etc.... I have never seen a child so happy to receive such a dirty used toy...

C also insisted that both frogs went to church with us today, so he could show everybody how different new frog looked from old frog. My kids crack me up!!!

If I had known then, what I know now, I would have bought 2 or 3 frogs. LOL

I had a friend who's daughter had a favorite doll, and they would replace it whenever the "old" one got really ugly. They would tell their daughter that they gave her doll a bath. LOL When she was 16, someone a conversation about the doll came up, and her parents fessed up to the switches and gave her the old dolls.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote