Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #11
CWHmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I went to preschool at 3 and 4. DD started at 2, ODS at 17 months and YDS will start in sept at 2. They have all loved it. It's at a very small church for 3 hours 2x a week. I know they'd be fine without it and I don't look at it as school or giving them an edge. It's just a fun activity they enjoy and it gives me a chance to have 1 on 1 time with the others or a small break. It's also been wonderful to become a part of that community. I've made great friends there and we often get together with the kids to play or other things. I'm 33.

Sent from my iPhone and usually NAK, excuse the typos!

Advertisement

Last edited by CWHmama; 06-12-2011 at 05:07 PM.
CWHmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #12
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did you start preschool when you were 3?

I'm 30. I went to 2 morning a week preschool when I was 4. Then did 1/2 day K when I was 5.

I don't plan on sending DD to preschool. I'll be doing some hs preschool starting in the fall & she'll be doing a hip hop dance class once a week.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #13
bluedagger
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm 26 and I remember my mom sending me to daycare for a short period of time when I was probabily four. I really am not sure her reason then.
DS started a half-day (which was only 2 hours) pre-k when he was three because he had a speech delay (he also was dealing with a deployment and extreme separation anxiety all things that helped him qualify). The program he was in was targeted for 4's getting rdy for kinder, but also took high risk 3, because early intervention doesn't take kids after 3.
bluedagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
octoberblush
Registered Users
seller
seller

24 here. I did not go to preschool at all. I don't think I will be sending DD to preschool...but will enroll her in some sort of class. I grew up in a small town and when I started kindergarden I had a hard time finding playmates because people had already made playmates in preschool. That shouldn't be an issue here since this is a much larger city, though.
ISO- the remote. Always the dang remote.
octoberblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #15
psylion
Registered Users
seller

I'm 36. I never went to preschool but I wish I did. I have always been a but socially awkward and I think part of that is because I pretty much never saw another kid until I started school at age 4 (oct. Birthday).
DD started preschool at age 3 and she is thriving. I think it is great socially and academically.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #16
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'll be 35 this year. Me & my 3 siblings all went to playschool when we were 3. In my grade there were 44 of us, 40 of us went to playschool.

I grew up in a small town(1500 people). There are no daycares, half a dozen in home childcare providers. Most of the moms were/are SAHM's until the kids are in school full time, some never go to work.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #17
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went to preschool when I was 3 and it was a normal thing to do back then. I am 29. I think my brother and sister went to and they are 7 and 10 years older.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 06-12-2011 at 03:34 PM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #18
Crow Mountain Crafts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

26 here. I never went to preschool and dont know many people who did in my age group/area. I started Kindergarten at 4 and graduated HS at 17, college at 22. I never struggled with anything and graduated top of my class.
To each their own, but I will never understand why pre-school is necessary. Kids are already in school for (at least) 13 years of their lives. Why not just let them enjoy a few before they have to start. Also, I had never even heard of half day kindy until I started reading posts on this board.
Crow Mountain Crafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #19
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

My girl is starting at age 2. I guess that is really early then? Its only half day though.

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #20
ho11yb
Registered Users
seller

I'm 36 and had 2 years of preschool before starting kindy a year early when I was 4. I was always a bit precocious though and my mom claims I taught myself to read at 2.5. I don't know that I really think there's any benefit to starting kids earlier, except that at more &more schools they seem to have accelerated the programs and kids starting kindy are expected to know what it used to be they taught 1st graders. So, id be concerned about making sure if your school system is like that, that your ds is prepared when he goes to school, whether that's through learning at home or preschool

Blame the typos on the iPad!
ho11yb is offline   Reply With Quote