Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
carrie_girl
Registered Users
seller

Re: Rave for CD'ing daddies....

My DH is great too! I think he thought I was a little crazy when I first brought up CDing but once he found out how much money we would save, he has been on board ever since!

Advertisement

carrie_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #12
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just went through and read every single response. I am really impressed and happy to see some raving going on about our MEN on this board. Seems like it has been rare lately.

this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reithegenki View Post
He thinks men who "can't do diaper laundry without messing it up" and "refuse to use cloth" are big stupid babies.
Now...off to talk DH in to doing dipe laundry... ... Ohhhh who am I kidding?? I don't trust anyone THAT much!! JK!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #13
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DH is a total hippie...but don't tell him I said that.

He was never opposed to cloth diapers, and has even done a couple loads of diaper laundry and *didn't* wreck the diapers!! (The only person who ever did diaper laundry in our house and did mess it up was my MIL ...she dumped like like 3 cap fulls of tide into a small load of diapers...yikes!)
novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
Roxanne010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, my dh was very less than thrilled when we first started. He said he would never ever under any circumstance touch them. Then I was able to leave him with AIO's or pockets all ready to change and he only had to leave them in the bathtub for me. Then he started using fitteds with covers, then prefolds with covers... He has now done all but flats and even washes for me. He even recommends cloth to people he works with!!! I am very thankful for him
Roxanne010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #15
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DH thought I was crazy when we first started with ODD at 14 months but he's now completely on board. He can do any diaper......his favorites are prefolds with wool, he just thinks wool seems more comfortable for a baby. He cleans off the poop (although that is definitely not his favorite job) and uses cloth wipes. I've been cding for 2 years and finally decided to teach him how to wash diapers.......I felt too nervous to do that before but I'm going back to work in July and I"m happy he'll be able to pitch in with the laundry.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #16
BekahM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's so nice to hear about such wonderful DH's! My DH has always been supportive of Cloth diapering...... He thinks they are cute and says he likes it cause it makes me happy. He pretty much supports me on any decision I make concerning the house/kids. He doesn't do diaper laundry, though he probably would if I asked. I don't let anyone but my mom wash the diapers.

Aren't men like our just wonderful!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #17
pagodagirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh it's great to see a positive thread about DH's!!
I am blessed too with a wonderful DH. he does most of the laundry CD and otherwise) and occasionally has to lecture me on how not to screw it up he takes such wonderful care of our son, and he is always spreading the CD love to anyone and everyone.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #18
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH is actually the one who first suggested cloth and he's an advocate now... he hates the look, smell, feel of sposies, hates the thought of chemicals being next to his kids' skin, and doesn't mind changing diapers at all.

He helped me convert a mother of twins to cloth diapering and encouraged his friends to use cloth on their little boy.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
Tish1973
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My husband is a cloth diaper advocate as well. My proudest moment was when he made a decent diaper out of a prefold and snappi for DD.

Even though he swore he wouldn't be my 'diaper peddler', he met a girl near his work that was buying the newborn diapers I sold on CL & picked up 3 Goodmamas from a woman's house that I bought on CL.

And he has transitioned from disposable wipes to cloth ones like a champ. Although he does occasionally tease me about my diaper addiction, he never complains. Gotta love Him

Sent from my Droid using DS Forum
Tish1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #20
omgcupcake
Registered Users
seller

My husband is so awesome about cloth. I work full time, so he does his fair share of diaper changes. He won't snappi because he's scared of hurting the baby, but he used to faithfully trifold a prefold into each cover and have them all set to go! So cute. I got a few pockets to try out, and he is a huge fan of them and even knows how to stuff them. In fact, I have caught him stuffing them before. He leaves anything poopy for me to spray, but that's ok because I'm weird and kind of like spraying the poopy ones... it's kind of theraputic for me haha. He still likes to use disposables when he's out of the house by himself, but we can't always be perfect
omgcupcake is offline   Reply With Quote