Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #21
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rave for CD'ing daddies....

Same here! DH loves cloth just as much as I do and does diaper laundry perfectly well!

In fact, he's been bugging me about ordering DD's nighttime diapers.. I haven't done it yet.

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #22
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:

I can't say that my DH is a CD advocate. He'd probably be perfectly happy using sposies too, lol. But, he changes cloth diapers (both at home and out of the house), uses cloth wipes, washes diapers, folds them and puts them away so neatly, and he never complains about any of it. He even washes my mama cloth for me. One of my friends was just stunned one day... "wait, your husband changes CLOTH diapers?!" Well, yeah, that's what we have!

Last edited by stayinhomewithmy6; 06-12-2011 at 09:24 PM.
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #23
btssmom
Registered Users
seller

My dh doesn't mind cloth either. He doesn't do the wash, but I don't really like him do the wash on regular clothes. He is a bit confused now since I changed from pockets to AI2's, prefolds, and now flats while he was deployed. He has only been home a couple of days and just asked me "Where are the ones I know how to use?" Even before being deployed he didn't mind rinsing the poo and using cloth wipes. Deep down though he is hoping for her to be using the potty by the time his deployment is over.
btssmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #24
Pat899
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DH even took a bunch of diapers to work to show off to the ladies he works with. They fell in love with the cashmere footies.
Pat899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #25
Tish1973
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat899 View Post
My DH even took a bunch of diapers to work to show off to the ladies he works with. They fell in love with the cashmere footies.
I love that!!!
Tish1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #26
Scoobaswife
Registered Users

My hubby is a cloth advocate too. When we go to a local CD store, he'll talk to the other dads there about how awesome they are. He loves bragging about how much money we save and how cute LO looks in them.
Scoobaswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:41 AM   #27
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Another braggart here My hubby is the bomb

Tonight while putting diapers away in dd's room, I say to him "you know what, I think I'm gonna sell all the mf inserts, we have an entire box of them and I don't even like/use them.'" DH says "you know which ones I like? I like the ones with the orange edges, they seem to absorb a lot." (He's referring to the GMD pf's. that we use to stuff our pockets.

After having two older kids, ages 23 and 26, and starting all over with me, we have sposied two boys ages 8 and 2, yet I had a yearning to CD... I always wanted to and never knew we could do it affordably. This time I'm a SAHM and did my homework. We cd full time and he has never complained, not once. He'll change pee/poop, rinse morning inserts, uses proper cd safe diaper cream, experiments with new diapers in our closet before I do, and brags to his family and co-workers about how I have saved us money, it's good for the environment, our dd never gets diaper rash, and he even thinks they are cute! About the worst mistake he's made is putting a fitted on dd without a cover, and then wondered why she soaked her crib during naptime (hehehe).

I love my supportive hubby (we should do more back patting around here)
Old 06-13-2011, 04:06 AM   #28
noahs naturally
Registered Users
seller

Love reading about all these awesome hubbies! Mine decided the other day that he liked bamboo flats on our DD, and when he went to change her, instead of going for easier diapers (prefolds or Flips), he wanted me to show him how to fold a flat! He had it down by the second time he did it. I also told him about fitteds the other day and why people like it for nighttime, and he encouraged me to buy a bunch. *I* was the one to tell him that getting two to try was plenty! I think he does like CDs for the reasons we all do it, but he mostly does it to support me and my ideas for parenting our kids the best we can.
noahs naturally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:17 AM   #29
magoose
Registered Users

My DH is pretty awesome with cloth diapering too. He was supportive from the beginning, rolls his eyes when I buy new cloth that we don't need (but always says afterwards "If it makes you happy...."), can snappi with the best of them, and tells all his friends that we cloth diaper and it isn't that hard or gross. He's dunked and swished, uses cloth wipes and reaches for prefolds first, even though I have special daddy dipes for him. He's just awesome I am very lucky that he's so supportive. The only thing he doesn't do is the laundry, but that's because I'm OCD with my laundry and don't let him touch any of it. He's an awesome daddy and an awesome hubby. It makes me happy to see so many supportive CDing DHs on here.
magoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #30
HMDocsLady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YEAH FOR A CD DH THREAD!!! I too have an AWESOME DH. He LOVES our CDs. We have been through a few stash cange up. The latest is for our 1yr old who is too small for our beloved pockets and inserts. So we went to flats and covers for her. He can even fold the flat in and origami fold and get it and the cover on her in no time! He does CD laundry with the best of 'em.

He is also a Navy New Dads Mentor and regularly takes our girls with him along with a selection of our stash to show soon to be new Dads what CDing (and BW) is all about. He has been known to say "Yeah, she's cute, but have you seen the cute cover she is in today?" and flip our daughter over to show off her tush......